What's new

Iranian movies are really good

Children of heaven is one of the most innocent and incredible movies. I second your feelings towards it.
Kuda K Liye seems interesting from its trailer and has a good ratings. I will put it on my watch list. I am currently binge watching a lot of Korean dramas. For the past year, I have been watching these Kdrama.
Yeah I prefer Korean movies over HWood too.

Yeah I prefer Korean movies over HWood too.

I mostly stopped watching Hollywood for a couple of years now. I watch a movie here and there but that's about it. What Korean movies do you like? My top movies so far are Oldboy and Memories of Murder. In terms of their TV series, "Signal" was really good.

Best movie in which Pakistan had a major part to play was 'Jinnah' starring Christopher Lee.

Everyone should watch it. It is in English and accessible.

2015_08_16-JINNAH.jpg

Children of heaven is one of the most innocent and incredible movies. I second your feelings towards it.
Kuda K Liye seems interesting from its trailer and has a good ratings. I will put it on my watch list. I am currently binge watching a lot of Korean dramas. For the past year, I have been watching these Kdrama.
There are some Pak movies that I like...
Bol, about an imaam with several daughters and a she-male/trans son ...

Another movie im desperately waiting for is “Zindagi Tamasha”, about an Imam whose video goes dancing viral and has to face abuse from society:

779168A4-F623-4E33-A632-5257EA164F4C.jpeg

This movie again got into controversy from radical retards..

Moor (mother)

Dukhtar (its depressing)

Quetta:

Is it an accurate depiction? I will definitely add it to my list.

Yes, much more accurate than the movie Gandhi. In that movie Quaid e Azam was portrayed as a villain, here, we can see the struggles he faced in the courtroom type politics of the retreating British empire.

It is full of suspense and drama, with very emotional moments like the partition violence, threats he received from Hindu and British leaders, his mentorship by Allama Iqbal, the death of Quaid's wife, and his daughter marrying a Non-Muslim and subsequently getting estranged from him.

It has some of the best acting that Christopher Lee has ever done.

I mostly stopped watching Hollywood for a couple of years now. I watch a movie here and there but that's about it. What Korean movies do you like? My top movies so far are Oldboy and Memories of Murder. In terms of their TV series, "Signal" was really good.
Chaser, old boy, tae guk gi, warship, r2b, Old boy, parasite, train to busan.. plenty of korean movies...

Yes, much more accurate than the movie Gandhi. In that movie Quaid e Azam was portrayed as a villain, here, we can see the struggles he faced in the courtroom type politics of the retreating Brotish empire.

It is full of suspense and drama, with very emotional moments like the partition violence, threats he received from Hindu and British leaders, his mentorship by Allama Iqbal, the death of Quaid's wife, and his daughter marrying a Non-Muslim and subsequently getting estranged from him.
The scene where he meets the orphan girl is gut wrenching... there he questions himself..

Have you ever seen Akira Kurosawa's movies, Samurai ones and others?

Or the Battles without Honor and Humanity, a series on the beginning of the Yakuza?
Ive seen quiet a few such movies like the admiral, war of arrows?

Only series ive seen is “The kingdom”... zombies..

any suggestions? Id love to watch both Irani and koran movies...

Yes, much more accurate than the movie Gandhi. In that movie Quaid e Azam was portrayed as a villain, here, we can see the struggles he faced in the courtroom type politics of the retreating British empire.

It has some of the best acting that Christopher Lee has ever done.

Thank you. Look forward to watching it!

Thank you. Look forward to watching it!

I have several Iranian friends from Uni, we used to sit together and watch movies in undergrad. I showed them Jinnah and Khuda Key Liye, they loved those movies very much.

It gave them a deep appreciation for Pakistani history and Pakistani identity. I feel like it is an untapped market. If Pakistani media get their act together and start releasing movies with an Islamic theme or historical Muslim empires, it will be even more popular than the current wave of Turkish soaps and historical epics.

Ive seen quiet a few such movies like the admiral, war of arrows?

Only series ive seen is “The kingdom”... zombies..

any suggestions? Id love to watch both Irani and koran movies...

Japanese cinema from the 50s to the 80s was pretty great also. I was introduced to it in undergrad by the recommendations of many classmates and professors.

I was partial to Japanese culture also because two of my uncles settled there and married locals. It is very similar to Pakistani culture.

Akira Kurosawa especially was gifted. His most acclaimed movie was Seven Samurai.

u-g-Q12P8EE0.jpg

I have several Iranian friends from Uni, we used to sit together and watch movies in undergrad. I showed them Jinnah and Khuda Key Liye, they loved those movies very much.

It gave them a deep appreciation for Pakistani history and Pakistani identity. I feel like it is an untapped market. If Pakistani media get their act together and start releasing movies with an Islamic theme or historical Muslim empires, it will be even more popular than the current wave of Turkish soaps and historical epics.

I am not surprised. Despite some of the recent dips we've seen in Iran-Pakistan relation, the fact remains Iranians and Pakistanis share a deep bond, culturally and religiously. In every day life, Iranians and Pakistanis on a personal level are extremely close. I speak from personal experience.

Pakistan has not even began to reach its potential bro. Not just in cinema, but economically, socially, industrially etc. Unfortunately many nations in our region are plagued by deep mismanagement and corruption. This is not something that will be fixed in just one President or Prime Minister's term. But I am confident we'll overcome it.

Back
Top Bottom