What's new

Iranian missiles v western navy

well you normally have to balls then are you willing to try and see if you can still stand if I kick one of them
We did. We passed through the Strait and nothing happened.

well I assure you not with those weapons mentioned here by the way wasn't the last time they tried to simulate one of Iranian missiles they have to abandon the test because the radar could not track it.
You are in no position to 'assure' anyone of anything about this subject. Bring on the source of your argument and let us discuss it.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

come on nobody going to hit a ballistic missile with those sort of defenses
You mean like: Nobody is going to defeat an aircraft carrier battlegroup with a bunch of dingies.

We did. We passed through the Strait and nothing happened.

You are in no position to 'assure' anyone of anything about this subject. Bring on the source of your argument and let us discuss it.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

You mean like: Nobody is going to defeat an aircraft carrier battle-group with a bunch of dingies.
gambit try not to be annoyed by the fact AAM and RAM and Machine Guns are not suited for countering
Ballistic missiles for that you need something else and the defense that US ships have against Ballistic
missiles is geared against the ICBM missiles not missiles with the range of 200-300 km

by the way who want to defeat battle-group with some dingies (by the way those dingies have sharp
tooth and claws) what you must be careful about will come from the shore .

about the source you bring a source that these systems can counter Ballistic missiles
it can easily detected and stopped by RAM, CIWS systems and also AAM missiles
A close-in weapon system (CIWS)
200px-Close-In_Weapon_System.jpg

SeaRam
300px-RIM-116_Rolling_Airframe_Missile_Launcher_3.jpg

AAM
250px-F-15_firing_AIM-7Ms.jpg

as I said Iran needs to make very fast missiles. mach 10+ Iran needs to make a hoot missiles with much longer range.

Propaganda: Iranian indigenous missile system makes it the superior force in the region without equal.

Reality: Iranian Missile program is to make up for the Air Force's short coming since Iranian know how is limited in Air Craft manufacturing let alone state of the art AirCrafts Iran is making up for them with having a huge number of missiles. Let's talk professionally here for a minute shall we??

Because Iran is under sanctions it has no access to offensive weapons except its own, AirCraft R&D and production is too expensive for Iranian already struggling economy due to sanctions and it will take a very long time and a very money consuming effort to build indigenous jets and even when it does it will be hugely restricted as it will not be on the same level as their global counter-parts.
So which I find very clever Iran is making missiles, Missiles are a delivery system same as AirCrafts and it is much cheaper however Missiles are an unreliable delivery system for conventional warheads that is why missile use throughout history of warfare has been not as active as that of AirCrafts for example. In order to close two Saudi Airfirleds and stop them from operating it will need more than 1000 Missiles fired at its direction which is very risky as the sources of missiles will be verified and taken out before the barrage is complete. So Iran in order to achieve victory in any war with its neighbors it will highly depend inflicting the maximum amount of civilian casualties and infrastructure damage which will only work against countries without strategic depth (All GCC countries except Saudi Arabia) for countries with strategic depth it will need "boots on the ground" to achieve victory a highly difficult and unlikely scenario as it close to impossible for Iran's navy to cross the Gulf without taking heavy casualties and damage from GCC airforces)

So in general Iran even though it flaunts its missiles everywhere one must remember that the Missile program is not a superiority program it is however a program mainly designed to over come a huge short coming. And even then it does not over come it perfectly either as almost all forces around the world pick the AirCraft delivery system over the Missile system. While it needs close to 517 Missiles to shut down an Air Field jets will be able to do that in two sorties.

Feel free to disagree with me however what I wrote is a professional analysis and not some fanboyish chest pumping highly employed here. And here I picked the Iran vs GCC scenario and not against the Navy scenario as I am not very familiar with it in a professional level and I do not talk about things I do not know enough about.

Iranian air force is so old no comparison with west
if Iran fires 100 missile at once at USA carrier that will change the situation

Propaganda: Iranian indigenous missile system makes it the superior force in the region without equal.

Reality: Iranian Missile program is to make up for the Air Force's short coming since Iranian know how is limited in Air Craft manufacturing let alone state of the art AirCrafts Iran is making up for them with having a huge number of missiles. Let's talk professionally here for a minute shall we??

Because Iran is under sanctions it has no access to offensive weapons except its own, AirCraft R&D and production is too expensive for Iranian already struggling economy due to sanctions and it will take a very long time and a very money consuming effort to build indigenous jets and even when it does it will be hugely restricted as it will not be on the same level as their global counter-parts.
So which I find very clever Iran is making missiles, Missiles are a delivery system same as AirCrafts and it is much cheaper however Missiles are an unreliable delivery system for conventional warheads that is why missile use throughout history of warfare has been not as active as that of AirCrafts for example. In order to close two Saudi Airfirleds and stop them from operating it will need more than 1000 Missiles fired at its direction which is very risky as the sources of missiles will be verified and taken out before the barrage is complete. So Iran in order to achieve victory in any war with its neighbors it will highly depend inflicting the maximum amount of civilian casualties and infrastructure damage which will only work against countries without strategic depth (All GCC countries except Saudi Arabia) for countries with strategic depth it will need "boots on the ground" to achieve victory a highly difficult and unlikely scenario as it close to impossible for Iran's navy to cross the Gulf without taking heavy casualties and damage from GCC airforces)

So in general Iran even though it flaunts its missiles everywhere one must remember that the Missile program is not a superiority program it is however a program mainly designed to over come a huge short coming. And even then it does not over come it perfectly either as almost all forces around the world pick the AirCraft delivery system over the Missile system. While it needs close to 517 Missiles to shut down an Air Field jets will be able to do that in two sorties.

Feel free to disagree with me however what I wrote is a professional analysis and not some fanboyish chest pumping highly employed here. And here I picked the Iran vs GCC scenario and not against the Navy scenario as I am not very familiar with it in a professional level and I do not talk about things I do not know enough about.

Iran needs 517 missiles to shut down your airfield?
do you have any Idea what a single of those missiles will do? as you rightly said Iran is trying to make up for its lack of airforce by making missiles..lots and lots of them...

Trust me I don't know truly how much missiles they have, but they must have a huge amount of they are sitting back saying to the israeli's and yankees bring it on.

Iran's has more capability than you people like to admit...who ever though Iran had the ability to hack into the RQ-170 and bring it down? you can disagree with me if you want but that your problem.

gambit try not to be annoyed by the fact AAM and RAM and Machine Guns are not suited for countering
Ballistic missiles for that you need something else and the defense that US ships have against Ballistic
missiles is geared against the ICBM missiles not missiles with the range of 200-300 km

by the way who want to defeat battle-group with some dingies (by the way those dingies have sharp
tooth and claws) what you must be careful about will come from the shore .

about the source you bring a source that these systems can counter Ballistic missiles

A close-in weapon system (CIWS)
200px-Close-In_Weapon_System.jpg

SeaRam
300px-RIM-116_Rolling_Airframe_Missile_Launcher_3.jpg

AAM
250px-F-15_firing_AIM-7Ms.jpg

An ICBM reenters atmosphere at a steep angle and at a much faster speed compared to IRBM or a Scud.What you are saying is against the law of physics.If a system can stop an ICBM,it would be a child's play for that system to stop your Scuds.

An ICBM reenters atmosphere at a steep angle and at a much faster speed compared to IRBM or a Scud.What you are saying is against the law of physics.If a system can stop an ICBM,it would be a child's play for that system to stop your Scuds.

What scuds is Iran going to use?
is sejill,PG a scud?

What scuds is Iran going to use?
is sejill,PG a scud?

Your countrymen quoted the range of 200 km in his example.At this range a missile could be no better than Scud class.Even some MBRL's have range close to that.The technical point of my previous post stands irrespective of what name you give to a 200 km range ballistic missile or rocket??

Iran needs 517 missiles to shut down your airfield?
do you have any Idea what a single of those missiles will do? as you rightly said Iran is trying to make up for its lack of airforce by making missiles..lots and lots of them...

Trust me I don't know truly how much missiles they have, but they must have a huge amount of they are sitting back saying to the israeli's and yankees bring it on.

Iran's has more capability than you people like to admit...who ever though Iran had the ability to hack into the RQ-170 and bring it down? you can disagree with me if you want but that your problem.

Check page 124
http://csis.org/files/publication/090819_GCC_Iran_AirPower.pdf

Your military knowledge is clearly very deficient. In order to take this conversation further I recommend you read more on military subjects.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom