What's new

Iranian missiles v western navy

Why Iranian surface to surface missiles can't be used against US Carriers ? During US attack on your missiles installations how much of your missiles will be able to launch .

Why Iranian surface to surface missiles can't be used against US Carriers ? During US attack on your missiles installations how much of your missiles will be able to launch .

Because they are not accurate enough to hit moving targets.

the Persian Gulf missile can do that though. It has Electrooptical and Infrared sensors and is a quasi-ballistic missile with a 650 kg warhead traveling at supersonic speeds.

Because they are not accurate enough to hit moving targets.

the Persian Gulf missile can do that though. It has Electrooptical and Infrared sensors and is a quasi-ballistic missile with a 650 kg warhead traveling at supersonic speeds.
A 650Kg warhead is surely something to be scared of.

being accurate does not mean it can hit a ship
whats the dimentions of warhead?
it can easily detected and stopped by RAM, CIWS systems and also AAM missiles

being accurate does not mean it can hit a ship
whats the dimentions of warhead?
it can easily detected and stopped by RAM, CIWS systems and also AAM missiles

come on nobody going to hit a ballistic missile with those sort of defenses

Usually a punch in the balls is just what you need bring someone down..and they will stay down.

Bad comparison because we got 11 balls.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

come on nobody going to hit a ballistic missile with those sort of defenses

The U.S. destroyers has the ability to take on ballistic missiles. They've been testing and installing them for years now.

well you normally have to balls then are you willing to try and see if you can still
stand if I kick one of them

The U.S. destroyers has the ability to take on ballistic missiles. They've been testing and installing them for years now.

well I assure you not with those weapons mentioned here
by the way wasn't the last time they tried to simulate one
of Iranian missiles they have to abandon the test because
the radar could not track it.

another matter is that it's not that hard to saturate missile defense
systems.

Yes..Could easily send a Frigate to the bottom of the sea... Only issue is terminal guidance..
well considering the speed that missile move I guess one of them is enough
to destroy bigger ships (not the carrier)

by the way you think what the effect of the Chinese Ballistic Anti-ship missile (DF-21D) with 2700km of range
and mach 10 reentry speed would be if it hit a carrier

You got an odd number of balls? o_0
You got 14 balls if you mean your air craft carriers. But once a several Billion dollar asset visits the bottom of the Persian Gulf you'll see that even losing one of your balls hurt.

No one's planning on winning the US navy here, we're just planning on giving you the maximal damage at any cost. How much the maximal damage would cost for you? It'll be understood if you attack us, so I prefer not to make any predictions and just be patient and wait.

Yes..Could easily send a Frigate to the bottom of the sea... Only issue is terminal guidance..

indeed. I believe the Persian Gulf missile uses a combination of inertial guidance system and electro-optical and infrared sensors to correct its path at the last phase.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom