What's new

Iranian Locomotives for Pakistan in future

those are not iranian locomotives but liscence made. I dont think iran can supply them to other nations.

And other than hatred for China, what makes you believe that? While I celebrate Iran and its prosperity, it is no way a "better option as compared to China". Enlighten us with insight which makes you think otherwise.
You should see how railway of New Zealand is suffering the same problem which you did. Engines are at only 50% capacity and that too with double breakdown as compared to other same category locomotives. Man they are investing their hard earned money & struggling to maintain the freight segment. Many others have same problems also. What else do you wanna hear. Oops did I say anything against Mighty China. Please spare me from Megaton fart.

And other than hatred for China, what makes you believe that? While I celebrate Iran and its prosperity, it is no way a "better option as compared to China". Enlighten us with insight which makes you think otherwise.
You should see how railway of New Zealand is suffering the same problem which you did. Engines are at only 50% capacity and that too with double breakdown as compared to other same category locomotives. Man they are investing their hard earned money & struggling to maintain the freight segment. Many others have same problems also. What else do you wanna hear. Oops did I say anything against Mighty China. Please spare me from Megaton fart.

Iran leaders have balls of steel

While the leaders in South Asia are ******* corrupt and sold out bunch of idiots

Well you said it right. These are the a$$ lickers of the west. Pakistan can produce cars, missiles, planes and nuclear weapon. Why cant it make a locomotive?

Indian products always had the X factor in Pakistan. I doubt Pakistan will adopt Iranian Products as they will of India's.

Iran leaders have balls of steel
It is not a big deal to stand up againt your opponent if your country has the narrative. For example it is very easy for a pakistani politician to have an anti Indian slogan.

Nejad is pandering to his domestic audiance, for any politician in the world domestic factor matter much more than anything else.

It only a few politician who can break the mould and take a decision which is unpopular, but they believe in.

national locomotives of Iran
pirhayati20120717140607153.jpg

b50caa1cf0ada6cf4f1bf22bd4994a48da8c1572.jpg

NOTE THE FLAG ON LOCOMOTIVE

The Alborz Province in the northern part of Iran has opened the country’s first locomotive factory, UMMA Inform reports.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad attended the opening.

The factory will produce 120 locomotives annually. They will save 10% of fuel. Iranian locomotives may reach a speed of 160 km/h using 25% less fuel, compared with analogue models.

Engineers say that the national locomotives of Iran meet international standards. Only a few states have technologies for their production.

Reference:Iran opens locomotive factory | Vestnik Kavkaza

A possible avenue for Pakistan to get Locomotives

Its really astonishing that Iran with Sanctions can make 120 Locomotives a years yet Pakistan with no sanction can only produce a Japanese Replica (Assembly):no:

FAIL
bilour_400.jpg

FAIL LEADERSHIP
2de15ae044ac44374de55b00296e266b_500.jpg

FAILED NATO boot licking

GREAT LEADER
Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-300x189.jpg

It looks as Iranians has copied the american design. The loco in the second picture is a GM GT46 series which the PR already operates it and it has been very successful and before the arrival of chinese locos they were the backbone of PR loco fleet.
I just can't get that why can't we build locomotives, one reason might be our leadership just don't want to develop and lacks the vision to lead.

Well you said it right. These are the a$$ lickers of the west. Pakistan can produce cars, missiles, planes and nuclear weapon. Why cant it make a locomotive?

Bcs you spend vast amounts of money on motorways and created truck lobbies that will not allow PR to take off as it directly affects their business. Also personally I believe Pakistanis were never serious about their railway.Check this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/195927-govt-releases-six-billion-pak-railways.html

Those are for the Tehran metro i assume.New Metro coaches used in Tehran look similar.

ITS GOOD IF PAK CAN GET SOME LOCOMOTIVES , BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM. ALTHOUGH BEING FUEL EFFICIENT AND TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED, THE POWER RATING OF THESE LOCOS IS VERY LESS. THIS FACTORY IN IRAN WILL PRODUCE 2 MODELS OF ENGINES, A 950 HP LOCO AND A 1350 HP LOCO, WHICH ARE WAY BELOW PAKISTAN'S REQUIREMENT WHICH CURRENTLY OPERATES 2000 - 3000 HP ENGINES. BUT THEN , SOMETHING BETTER THAN NOTHING.

national locomotives of Iran
pirhayati20120717140607153.jpg

b50caa1cf0ada6cf4f1bf22bd4994a48da8c1572.jpg

NOTE THE FLAG ON LOCOMOTIVE

The Alborz Province in the northern part of Iran has opened the country’s first locomotive factory, UMMA Inform reports.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad attended the opening.

The factory will produce 120 locomotives annually. They will save 10% of fuel. Iranian locomotives may reach a speed of 160 km/h using 25% less fuel, compared with analogue models.

Engineers say that the national locomotives of Iran meet international standards. Only a few states have technologies for their production.

Reference:Iran opens locomotive factory | Vestnik Kavkaza

A possible avenue for Pakistan to get Locomotives

Its really astonishing that Iran with Sanctions can make 120 Locomotives a years yet Pakistan with no sanction can only produce a Japanese Replica (Assembly):no:

FAIL
bilour_400.jpg

FAIL LEADERSHIP
2de15ae044ac44374de55b00296e266b_500.jpg

FAILED NATO boot licking

GREAT LEADER
Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-300x189.jpg

The above pic of Zardari is really Epic :rofl::rofl:

Iran really is progressing very well...no matter wat the world or USA says...

m no hardcore iran supporter...but their efforts are commendable

Back
Top Bottom