What's new

Iranian Jet Engine Design and Manufacturing Company is Established

Arminkh

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
According the Mashregh News, the Article of Incorporation was signed by Iran's Leader about 10 days ago and its related budget is now part of Iran's official defense budget.

According to the article of incorporation, the company is tasked with design and manufacturing of Jet and industrial engines. According to the same resolution, all of the other companies currently working on the same topic will be merged into the new company.

Here are the main activities of the company:

1- Designing and manufacturing Airplane, Helicopter and Drones engines.
2- Design and manufacturing of the parts related to the above.
3- Design and manufacturing of industrial engines required for defense industry
4- R&D on related items with or without foreign countries cooperation.

Read the news in Persian here:

مجوز فرمانده کل قوا برای تاسیس شرکت طراحی و ساخت موتور هواپیما، بالگرد و پهپاد - مشرق نیوز | mashreghnews.ir

:tup:

روزنامه رسمی جمهوری اسلامی ایران

007.jpg
pre_1417029039__img_8870.jpg

Kindly provide us the details of locally produced engines for fighter jets and commercial planes.

yavar jan i am kind of agree with sohail
we need to come up with some sort of new engine
i remeber in kish air show manteghi said something about MD engines
hope this year we see those

For FOOLS

Meaning : the facilities and manufacturing plant workshop production line was ready and leader just sign it and made official

That is definitely what it means. At the same time, it means that the government feels confident enough over the production and design capacity that it is assigning a specialized company and budget item to it.

I think we will hear good news soon.

Turbofan engines are one of the hardest things to accomplish. How will Iran do it without any insight/experience on this technology before and no significant help from outside world (West, China, Russia)..

Turbofan engines are one of the hardest things to accomplish. How will Iran do it without any insight/experience on this technology before and no significant help from outside world (West, China, Russia)..

We can't confirm if there were not any help at all (non-official I mean). Back in the days when the Soviet imploded many countries took the opportunity and went shopping. Iran was not an exception. I remember I red somewhere that Iran's first supersonic wind tunnel was bought from one of R&D institutes in Russia and brought to Iran. After that they started making their own.

I also heard, there were some engineers that were paid and brought in for variety of issues.

On the other hand Iran has a big manufacturing facility named Tuga and Parto that build Gas Turbine and Petrochemical industry turbo compressors. Parto is specialized in turbine blade manufacturing and I heard they can build sophisticated single crystal turbine blades. These are the confirmed commercial know how and manufacturing abilities that we know about. The defense industry is usually always ahead of the commercial sector. So, I can't see any shortcomings in knowledge and capacity.

reverse engineering will help
Reverse engineering need a strong base industrious knowledge and facilities to start with. If you give all blueprint and know how to Somalia, do you think they still able to build it?

Not mean to say iran is Somalia level. But reverse engineering is not as simple as just copy it.

I suggest iran not to go too ambition. Go for a medium thrust turbofan which require less strenuous on metallurgy.

Reverse engineering need a strong base industrious knowledge and facilities to start with. If you give all blueprint and know how to Somalia, do you think they still able to build it?

Not mean to say iran is Somalia level. But reverse engineering is not as simple as just copy it.

I suggest iran not to go too ambition. Go for a medium thrust turbofan which require less strenuous on metallurgy.

never said its simple , but Iran does have a history of reverse engineering.

Well, this Iranian engine IR-59 seems to be based on CFM-56: CFM International CFM56 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a 40 year old technology. If Iran works hard and spends money on the project, then it is possible to manufacture it after maybe a decade of R&D.

Back
Top Bottom