What's new

Iranian forces fire mortar shells across Pakistan’s border

Status
Not open for further replies.
So suppose if a bunch of terrorists crossed over from France into U.K. territory. And French fighter planes bomb them in British territory. Would your leaders tolerate it? Definitely not.

I don't know what sort of 'agreement' the Pakistanis and Iranians had with one another. Does that seriously include throwing artillery on each other's territory? That's some hardcore diplomacy! :lol:

So far I can see, the Pakistanis are not very amused by this. Look, as a norm, you don't just pursue a suspected terrorist or criminal into another country's territory. It's a basic violation of a country's sovereignty and integrity. It would just make matters more complicated. Throwing artillery into another's territory can be a tantamount to war.

There's a difference here, for one Britain has enough means, capabilities to deal with any eventual low level armed threats, both externally and even more so internally. So there will never be any need for France hypothetically speaking to bomb armed militant and terrorists groups operating in Britain' against both countries border. Even if by miracle thh did bomb Britain then we will retaliate since we have the capabilities to do so and we can afford to .

However, if hypothetically speaking British government was weak/incapable and powerless of controlling it's whole territory (like Pakistan ,giving the country's facing several threats from India to Afghanistan to islamic terrorists internally) thereby giving the opportunity for militants groups to operate in Britain's lawless regions against both France and Britain itself, then France bombing them on British soil, won't be difficult to understand.
So Pakistan and Britain's situation is totally different to the scenario you just gave. :)

I think both countries should sit down and look at ways to solve this issue. Either Pakistan makes it clear to Iran that it will handle these militants wherever it finds them on its soil and retaliate in case Iran dares violates it's sovereignty or Pakistan can negotiate with Iran and both countries can agree to cooperate in each others Territory against such groups. :)

It all boils down to Pakistan being internally weak internally and unstable. Since if you were strong, firm and stable internally like say China, Russia, U.K, Israel or even Turkey etc then Iran would never dare bomb your territory several times regardless of militants crossing in or whatever. They wouldn't even need to do that in the first place. That's the sad truth. :)

I think both countries should sit down and look at ways to solve this issue. Either Pakistan makes it clear to Iran that it will handle these militants wherever it finds them on its soil and retaliate in case Iran dares violates it's sovereignty or Pakistan can negotiate with Iran and both countries can agree to cooperate in each others Territory against such groups.

Pakistan for some reason dont want to cooperate

The Iranian government and the guards should be asked to explain themselves. This time the shells landed in civilian areas, unlike no man's land before. It's just a matter of time someone dies or is hurt and relations will then hit the fan.
As for Pakistan's own side of the border, resources and men need to be poured into the area, as the region is lawless and has seldom any border control.

I'm shutting this thread down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom