What's new

Iranian Food...

Actually, the zereshk (زرشک) is the berry. It is the dried fruit of Berberis vulgaris, which is widely cultivated in Iran. Iran is the largest producer of zereshk and saffron in the world. It is used in many different dishes especially those involving chicken. When made with rice, it is called zereshk polo and with the addition of chicken, it becomes zereshk polo morg. There are other zereshk products in Iran as well including jams and juices.

EDIT: Also, thank you for pointing out a restaurant. I spent some days in Islamabad. I was living in this district called Block F, which is a moments drive to the Blue Area. I had asked my hosts about any Iranian restaurant and they said they did not know of any. So I must ask you, is this place recent?

No its an old place, is there since 70s i guess. Its in the basement so u have to find it.

Went and ate persian food with a friend...

I was really surprised about the similarities when it came to kabab based dishes!

the bread was delicious... reminded me of food in Pakistan.

Most Iranian food is really bland and without flavor. On the other hand mediterranean food is really nice. Just my preference. Yeah you are right, Pakistani food has very little in common with Iranian food, except perhaps the food of Balochistan and NWFP which I have heard is less spicy.

Once I had Gormeh Sabzi and the smell of that food reeks in your clothes. :rolleyes:

hello j-girl. where have you been this long?

Once my Iranian classmate gave me some sort of hard curdled ball of milk... wasn't a good experience.

Other than that, I like Iranian food.

After living in Dubai, however, I must say Arab food is the best, after pakistani food, of course!

I love eating meat and afghan food fulfills my carnivorous rage :chilli:

Guess we can safely discuss food without ruining our keyboards (exposure to moisture) as I think we've all had iftaar.

Now i am hungry. :pop:
labels=0
labels=0

I love Iranian and Afghan cuisine. There are many Irani and Afghan restaurants in Toronto. The Sultani Kabab is my favorite.

what is the difference between indian and pakistani food?

Pakistan food is more or less like North Indian cuisine. We Pakistani use meat in every dish. If u go towards western Pakistan u will have less spices. Baluchi dishes like Sajji are with no spices and is popular in whole of Pakistan.

Actually Pakistani cusine is best of Indian Afgani cusines

Sholeh Zard

image15.jpg

Caviar

image4.jpg

Halva - Photo of halva from a wedding

halvahlove.jpg

Shir Berenj - rice pudding

Persian%20Shir%20Berenj.jpg

Sabzi Polo ba Mahi

image16.jpg

Abgoosht - Lamb soup