What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Also some 15% of eastern Turkey's 3 to 4 million Zaza (usually designated as or associated with the Kurds) adhere to Alevism, an unorthodox branch of Shiaism (the rest of the Zazas being Sunni Muslim). While this is not a particularly important percentage, it is nonetheless the highest among any linguistic group (the percentage of Alevis among native Turkish-speakers for instance is far less).

Apparently this information was incorrect, which goes to show how unreliable Wikipedia really is. Thought I'd trust them on this one, but shouldn't have. Because most other sources, including other related articles on Wikipedia, put the number of Alevis in Turkey at anywhere between 15 to 25 million (which I knew in fact, but my memory failed me when writing the post). This means more than 15% of native Turkish-speakers in Turkey are of Alevi background.

We have good population numbers right now, almost reaching 90 million. But in few years we will need better birth rate.

A fertility rate lower than 2,1 is not satisfying, it's alarming and requires immediate corrective action.

It's the fertility rate that counts. For confirmation, you can study academic research in this field.

It's unreasonable to expect the Americans and Israelis to believe that Iran won't pull the trigger just because there is a fatwa.

I suppose by pulling the trigger, you mean acquiring nuclear weapons, not launching them in a first strike for that would truly be unreasonable to expect from Iran - and they know it, even though their fearmongering propaganda in certain circles is suggesting it at times.

While they're possibly not entirely wrong to estimate that Iran's decision isn't necessarily set in stone irrevocably for all eternity, the point is that they've been abusively downplaying the relevance of a fatwa by an Islamic scholar and political leader. Even going as far as shedding doubt on its very existence. Which tends to be quite insulting towards the Islamic clergy and Islam in general.

It's like doubting the existence of some law voted by a western parliament, or pretending it could be annulled at the flick of a finger. I'd say it's even more complicated to rescind a fatwa than a law passed in parliament.

Last edited:
uncontrollable growth that is supported now result in rapid urbanization , that lead to farmlands divided even more , it destroy food security
look at Vietnam , for example compare its south east with the rest of the country , while west of the country that don't have that overpopulation is the productive part that contribute tho the country food security
look at Haiti, how the country ecosystem is destroyed

you guys are talking about imminent danger while i see this that show Iran has a positive population growth and really can't understand cause of your concerns
2560px-Population_growth_rate_world_2018.svg.png

by the way wonder whats your idea about this chart
look at it , our population growth at 80's and early 90s was between 3%->5% that was uncontrollable growth rate , if khatami government didn't started that campain for population control right now we were more populace than Pakistan and indentation and that was worrying as we don't have infra structure for that.
now if you look at prediction charts we will have a healthy growth rate well into 2040s even late 2040s but then the growth rate fell low dangerously and in mid 2050 it become negative .
that's something we must stop , but we have 25 years to plan and prevent it to happen , my belief is instead of loosing our mind and plan to increase the population in hurry we must look and find the cause of the problems and fix that , giving preferential incentives , like reducing the conscription time , increasing maternity leave , and giving subsidiaries or preventing medical abortion is not the answer . we must solve the route cause that people prefer not to marry , not to have children or have only one children . we solve that and that negative growth in mid 2050 change into a healthy growth between 0.3%-0.5%

sadly long term planning and solving problems from roots is hard and our top managers don't like hard work. they prefer paint the wall and say we solved the problem with dampening that damage the wall
You are cherry-picking invalid untrustworthy references. My argument stands. No western based source is reliable by their very nature. By definition almost all content is politicized with a deep neoliberal and ideological bent whether by intent or bias. Please post Iranian references.

Last edited:
Former is more believable.

How many times are we going to hear that Iran is receiving new Russian armaments conspiracy theories?

Last major arms deal Iran had with the Russians was in begin 90's. Wake up people, Russia belongs to the same Zionist filth club and they will never ever side with Iran. Their little internal European war has nothing to do with their love for Israel.

Some people really need to wake up.

Former is more believable.

How many times are we going to hear that Iran is receiving new Russian armaments conspiracy theories?

Last major arms deal Iran had with the Russians was in begin 90's. Wake up people, Russia belongs to the same Zionist filth club and they will never ever side with Iran. Their little internal European war has nothing to do with their love for Israel.

Some people really need to wake up.
The war between Ukraine and Russia must go on as long as possible, Iran should sign deals with west or east or south or any party if it benefits us. We owe nothing to ignoble Russians and Americans. Russians need to show respect, their vodka passes through Iran before reaching India or any other place south of Iran.

There was a time when reformist shits were selling the country with the excuse of necessity of attracting west founds to build refineries, yesterday, a $ 17.8 billion deal for financing a refinery was signed in one of government offices.

%D8%B2%DB%8C%D9%84%D9%88+%D8%AF%D8%B1+%D9%87%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%AA+%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D8%AA.jpg

what was the reaction of reformist shits ? their articles were some lies about the change of carpets in that office!

This mother fucker was the main leader:
Mohsen.. do U have a source for this..$17 billion for refinery sound very high unless if we are talking about more than few..OK nevermind I found it ..PressTV..two refineries

PS: I read yesterday that Iran may send 10,000 cars to venezuela as CKD kits...Iran Sipa...does anyone know any thing about this..!!!

Last edited:
I disagree with this person's assessment. I believe the police are acting correctly and in a civil manner. They can't shoot or savage someone just because they're screaming and being a public nuisance. It's not their job:
Fully agree. Iran is one of the few cradles of Civilization. Much before europeans.

the way to answer the problem is to see what made people don't marry and if marry don't have children and have only one children .
not give them subsidiary for having children . and we have enough time to do that , but its a hard work and many of our top level management are not cut for hard work and hard decisions.

There's no time for extremely complex, elaborate and demanding interventions into the social fabric, which by definition can only bear fruit in the (very) long term. Especially if the herculean task they're supposed to accomplish is cultural re-engineering in the face of modernization and in the face of western cultural aggression promoted by powerful mass media whose impact Iran will never be able to match.

Last edited:
Iran is exporting gasoline at 35 to 38 cents per liter valued at $ 133 million dollars in just 4 months...that means Iranians in Iran enjoy $ 30 cents discount every liter of gasoline each time they visit gas stations( they pay 5 cents a liter)...wow..Government in Iran is very generous...people in Iran do not value what they have..for them neighbors grass is always more green!!!.

By the way...do the math..Iran export of gasoline could earn the country half billion dollars a year ...keep those refineries coming...you can not sanction gasoline that easily..

There's no time for extremely complex and demanding policies which by definition can only bear fruit in the (very) long term. Especially if the herculean task they're supposed to accomplish is cultural re-engineering in the face of modernization and in the face of western cultural aggression promoted by powerful mass media whose impact Iran will never be able to match.

as i said we have time and what you call herculean task actually bear long lasting fruit.
به نظر تو تا چند سال مصوبه ای مثل امتیاز همسر داشتن و تعدلد بیشتر فرزند در انتخاب هییات علمی دانشگاه ها میتونه جواب بده و اصلا این موضوع باید یک معیار برای انتخاب هییات علمی باشه یا نه ؟​

Iran is exporting gasoline at 35 to 38 cents per liter valued at $ 133 million dollars in just 4 months...that means Iranians in Iran enjoy $ 30 cents discount every liter of gasoline each time they visit gas stations( they pay 5 cents a liter)...wow..Government in Iran is very generous...people in Iran do not value what they have..for them neighbors grass is always more green!!!.

By the way...do the math..Iran export of gasoline could earn the country half billion dollars a year ...keep those refineries coming...you can not sanction gasoline that easily..
refineries are good I have always criticized zanganaeh for what he said at the time of rafsanjani that we don't need refineries and we sell oil.
but ii hope that amount of investment is for more than one refinery .

as i said we have time and what you call herculean task actually bear long lasting fruit.
به نظر تو تا چند سال مصوبه ای مثل امتیاز همسر داشتن و تعدلد بیشتر فرزند در انتخاب هییات علمی دانشگاه ها میتونه جواب بده و اصلا این موضوع باید یک معیار برای انتخاب هییات علمی باشه یا نه ؟​

As highlighted, there is no such time left when fertility rate is below replacement level. This is not something that can be sustainable for too many years in a row, and no contemporary example to the contrary can be found. For the rest, as often there is no mutual exclusivity. The necessity of implementing urgent short term measures does not preclude longer term planning on deeper matters.

As highlighted, there is no such time left when fertility rate is below replacement level. This is not something that can be sustainable for too many years in a row, and no contemporary example to the contrary can be found. For the rest, as often there is no mutual exclusivity. The necessity of implementing urgent short term measures does not preclude longer term planning on deeper matters.
the problem is that iran fertility rate is above 2, its around 2.1
well i agree we have problem here , but look at the chart since 2012 it went up and now again it is coming down

that's what i say , its all short range measures can achieve , a short small raise and then coming down . we have time as our fertiluity rate is still around 2c, we must go after long term solution now ,10 years ago we went after short range solution and data is clear how effective they are

Even tho China removed its one child policy. And now allows up to 3 children. It has not changed mentality of population even among one of the most robust economic growth periods in modern human history.

economic growth/prosperity =/= higher birthrate

China needs something like 700M people to immigrate to fix its inverted demographics pyramid.

If you look at population projections for China for 2100 their population may drop to as low as 600-700M. Imagine the effect on the consumer discretionary capitalistic model that has powered the 21st century.

Declining populations around the world is a huge problem. For Iran it’s no exception and maybe more so due to brain drain and population leaving the country. Either you race towards AI to automate as much of your economy as possible or you begin collapsing in a century.

Countries like USA are somewhat shielded from such things because of their high rate of immigration. But the need for skilled labor to replace retiring labor is still there.

This is a very troubling trend around the world that is not getting enough attention mostly because as humans we don’t care what happens to next generations. It’s not our “problem”

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom