What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

well, Nazis never had the majority in Germany, and they came into power by illegal means. Communists were not the majority in Russia either and they gain power with civil war, and people fought with them and got killed by stalin in millions. In USA, It was all about some racists in the south, in which they were not even the majority in that region and they went to the trash of history by American people. But, what about Iran? these issues existed even before revolution era, it got official after the revolution, and the majority did not even cared enough about this issue.

In Greece anti-semitism is on the rise. If the ordinary Greek man/woman do not actively go against this tendency, will you label him/her a nazi? By the response you gave me before, it should be a "yes". This is where we disagree.

Personally I think many people in the ME need a mentality change, because they haven't had the +400 years of social evolution that Europeans have had. I think governments need to be a strong promoter of this change by being a good example.

BTW, you belong to the majority, and it would be hard for you to understand what minorities really feel in the society. you may feel that everything is OK, but it is not even close to the reality.

I know this comment was not directed at me, but it is not a fair statement because you have no idea what people think for themselves. You are basically saying that unless you are part of that minority, you have no empathy for their cause, which is bs (sorry for the language).

Hope you don't think we are ganging up on you :D I'm not atleast, don't know about Serpentine.

What are those videos?
you know they are filtered here and it takes me time to view them using proxifiers. So can you confirm if they are worthy?

What are those videos?
you know they are filtered here and it takes me time to view them using proxifiers. So can you confirm if they are worthy?

In this case, You can watch the first and second one. Third one would be too long for you too watch.
BTW, you can also call him and talk with him if you are interested. ;)

There are no pretty ladies in the video, I can say that much
lol, So they are not worthy enough. :-)

In this case, You can watch the first and second one. Third one would be too long for you too watch.
BTW, you can also call him and talk with him if you are interested. ;)
So ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts, we are bypassing the Iranian filtering machine.:police:

khob, man javaab ha ra be sourat e mp3 shodeh migam :D
Hitler was elected in an election. Also Bolsheviks had the majority support in Russia in 1917 revolution. People later became against Stalin, but USSR existed much after his death, until 1991. So can we say Russians are like Stalin or not? And racism in America wasn't just about the South, it existed commonly among the whites, and no one cared about it until a movement started to abolish racism.
Well, so why they burnt the parliament in Germany? Why they started the civil war? or show me some examples of racism in the north region.
And what 'issues' existed before revolution and after it? Can you specify?
I named some of their acts about Bahais in the pre revolution era ;)
I think you still can't or don't want to differentiate between the ruling system and people. Let's assume Iran becomes a secular democracy, like the one in Sweden and Norway, I am asking you, will common people harass each other because of religion then?
My answer is no, because they are not doing it now.
What about the Shah era? was not it a pretty secular government? ;)
Lastly, I never said Iranians are the best in the world, because they aren't, we have too many problems, the people I mean. But religious harassment (people by other people) is not one of them.
well, lets agree to disagree.

khob, man javaab ha ra be sourat e mp3 shodeh migam :D

Well, so why they burnt the parliament in Germany? Why they started the civil war? or show me some examples of racism in the north region.

I named some of their acts about Bahais in the pre revolution era ;)

What about the Shah era? was not it a pretty secular government? ;)

well, lets agree to disagree.

I will answer your argument with a question:

What about those who attack Muslim mosques in Europe or U.S and in some cases burn them down? For every single example you bring, I will offer one to counter it. It's exactly like the example you brought about the Bahais situation.

I will answer your argument with a question:

What about those who attack Muslim mosques in Europe or U.S and in some cases burn them down? For every single example you bring, I will offer one to counter it. It's exactly like the example you brought about the Bahais situation.

Have Europeans let those people to come into power?
What has happened after those attacks? People have always opposed those thugs. But, what about Iranians? have they cared about these issues?
BTW, How many mosques have been attacked in Europe? how many Bahais, jews, zoroastrians, and irreligious people have been attacked in Iran? Are they even comparable?

Have Europeans let those people to come into power?
What has happened after those attacks? People have always opposed those thugs. But, what about Iranians? have they cared about these issues?
BTW, How many mosques have been attacked in Europe? how many Bahais, jews, zoroastrians, and irreligious people have been attacked in Iran? Are they even comparable?
Attacked by who? the 'system' or common people?
Just few hours ago, you said that only 10% of Iranians support the system and those 10% are paid by the government. Aren't you contradicting yourself here? Please clarify if the majority support it or not.

I don't agree with prosecution of Bahais or any other religious group, but almost everything that has been done against them is from the system, not the absolute majority of the people.

Attacked by who? the 'system' or common people?
Just few hours ago, you said that only 10% of Iranians support the system and those 10% are paid by the government. Aren't you contradicting yourself here? Please clarify if the majority support it or not.
Most of the people do not care about minorities, and they even have a negative view about them. That's why they do not oppose regime due to these reasons. Although most of the people oppose mullahs, but their objections are about another issues, such as economical , political, and social pressures, harassing women , youth, ....
I don't agree with prosecution of Bahais or any other religious group, but almost everything that has been done against them is from the system, not the absolute majority of the people.
What about the pre revolution era and destroying their tombs and burning their houses in that time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

‮ايران‬ - ‭BBC ‮فارسی‬ - ‮سازمان ملل: کنفرانس سوریه بدون حضور ایران برگزار می شود‬

Most of the people do not care about minorities, and they even have a negative view about them. That's why they do not oppose regime due to these reasons. Although most of the people oppose mullahs, but their objections are about another issues, such as economical , political, and social pressures, harassing women , youth, ....

What about the pre revolution era and destroying their tombs and burning their houses in that time?

It all goes back to lack of education. during early Nazi era, many ordinary Germans were fooled by Nazi propaganda against Jews and started to see them as real threats and Jews were targeted every once in a while.

Before the revolution, many of Iranians were illiterate, and many could be easily brainwashed, also as I said thugs do and did exist now and back then. Also the Shah's regime not only didn't do anything to stop their prosecution, but also secretly supported it.
Just see the Mosadegh's case. Many people were supporting him in the morning and in the noon, many were chanting death to Mosadegh. What's the reason for that? It's all due to lack of proper education and political insight.

Now the situation is much more different, literacy rate has increased dramatically and you won't see these incidents anymore.

For the thousandth time, thugs exist in Iran and other countries, and they may cause serious problems, but they are the absolute majority.

It all goes back to lack of education. during early Nazi era, many ordinary Germans were fooled by Nazi propaganda against Jews and started to see them as real threats and Jews were targeted every once in a while.

Before the revolution, many of Iranians were illiterate, and many could be easily brainwashed, also as I said thugs do and did exist now and back then. Also the Shah's regime not only didn't do anything to stop their prosecution, but also secretly supported it.
Just see the Mosadegh's case. Many people were supporting him in the morning and in the noon, many were chanting death to Mosadegh. What's the reason for that? It's all due to lack of proper education and political insight.

Now the situation is much more different, literacy rate has increased dramatically and you won't see these incidents anymore.

For the thousandth time, thugs exist in Iran and other countries, and they may cause serious problems, but they are the absolute majority.
Well, few Iranians member including one whom I never thought to be a person with such extremist views justified what's happening to Bahai community. One member said they have never been loyal to Iran and the other said Bahai religious leader was a liar. As I know what's happening to them cannot be taken lightly at all. You have to be in their place to understand what they go through.

Is it true that they don't get civil protection?

Above all Muslim majority countries, Kazakhstan is doing impressively well in all social indicators especially gender equality. From my personal experience, most liberal Muslims I've met are Iranians but I am not sure whether they can be called Muslims. As for South Asian Muslims, one thing I noticed that the majority of religious people including the ones from good families tend to imitate Arabs in every way.

Whatever it is I would love to visit Kazakhstan (backpacking) one day because of its natural beauty that is preserved because of low population density. :D

100 years ago Afghanistan was the only stan here.

newly independent Turkic countries of Central Asia, and Azerbaijan are good in being religious tolerant.

Only because these Turkic countries have a small amount of religious and ethnic diversity within their country.

and also Turkey in some extent is religious tolerant. in which, it is not surprising, since these countries have been secular countries for a very long time.

Turkey? Are you kidding me? Turkey has committed serious religiously-motivated attacks against people from other religions and ethnics. Many Armenian Churchs in East-Turkey have either been destroyed or turned into mosques. Not considering the genocidal allegations of Christian Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians.

Also:

Study: 64% of Turks don't want Jewish neighbors

A new study published in a Turkish newspaper Sunday said 64 percent of Turks would not want Jewish neighbors.

The study also suggested Turks had a low tolerance for diverse lifestyles in general, as three in four respondents said they would not want to live next to an atheist or anyone drinking alcohol.

The study by Istanbul's Bahcesehir University was meant to gauge radicalism and extremism in Turkey.

Results published in Sunday's Milliyet also stated that 52 percent would not want Christian neighbors, 67 would not want to live next to an unmarried couple and 43 percent would not want American neighbors.

Study: 64% of Turks don't want Jewish neighbors Israel News | Haaretz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom