What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Why you chose that username.

Because I value pre-Islamic Iranian culture. But mostly because it just reminds me of how Christians as well as Muslims ripped-off Zoroastrianism. They stole Satan (fucked it up), as well as heaven and hell (also fucked it up), etc... and Voilà you have a new religion, lets go conquer some lands :P

Hmm but why?! :(

No need to be worry about it, you will became a full member very soon by posting a few more posts ;)

Why don't you consider "Militant Atheism"? Its much more fun :D

uh, well, I don't have any problem with religions as long as they do not meddle in the politics. In addition, if some one wants to believe in superstitious nonsense, as long as he does not make any trouble for me, IMO he can live in his fantasy world. That's the meaning of secularism in which I believe in it ;) BTW, I appreciate efforts of people like Richard Dawkins, but I don't have extra time for discussing with uneducated persons about such a sensitive issues in order to teach them rationalism. ;)

Last edited:
I don't have any problem with religion, as long as it leaves me alone, you might be shocked to know this, but I found Iran, despite all the negativity that international news agencies broadcast about its tolerance for other faiths much better compared to say, countries like Malaysia, 8 years ago, when I left Iran (to pursue my education), I stayed in Malaysia for a very brief period, I remember in a class, we had a very strict U.S. educated religious lecturer who wanted to know whether I'm a Muslim or not, and I had to lie, I said yes, and he continued, Are you Sunni or Shia? I didn't want to create any problem for myself, but because I preferred to at least lie with a little bit of integrity I said Shia, and then he went on and started badmouthing Shias, the story is very long, but after several encounters like this, I decided NOT to stay there. It didn't seem a very safe country to stay in.

No need to be worry about it, you will became a full member very soon by posting a few more posts ;)

:D

But nonetheless, despite my great ideological differences with the Iranian regime, I want the good of my country, I want the people to be prosperous and happy, even if the country has to be ruled by religious fanatics.

Last edited:
I don't have any problem with religion, as long as it leaves me alone, you might be shocked to know this, but I found Iran, despite all the negativity that international news agencies broadcast about its tolerance for other faiths much better compared to say, countries like Malaysia, 8 years ago, when I left Iran (to pursue my education), I stayed in Malaysia for a very brief period, I remember in a class, we had a very strict U.S. educated religious lecturer who wanted to know whether I'm a Muslim or not, and I had to lie, I said yes, and he continued, Are you Sunni or Shia? I didn't want to create any problem for myself, but because I preferred to at least lie with a little bit of integrity I said Shia, and then he went on and started badmouthing Shias, the story is very long, but after several encounters like this, I decided NOT to stay there. It didn't seem a very safe country to stay.
:D
Muslim countries have no sense of peaceful coexistence of different religion believers. Malaysia, Iran, Saudi, ... all of them are almost the same in this regard. only , newly independent Turkic countries of Central Asia, and Azerbaijan are good in being religious tolerant. and also Turkey in some extent is religious tolerant. in which, it is not surprising, since these countries have been secular countries for a very long time. Among Arab countries, I have only found Tunisians in general, not all of them, to be religion tolerable. Some Pakistanis are also very open minded, but their problem is that they have some ultra fanatic people amongst themselves as well. Rest of the muslim countries are intolerable toward non-muslims and other faiths and they are not different from each other in this regard ;)
If you live in a more secular and moderate country, you would care less about religions ;)

Back
Top Bottom