What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I was sick the other day, and having nothing better to do, typed in Atheists/agnostics in Iran just for the lulz. Ibn al Rawandi's name kept popping up.

I was wondering about your views on him, but then I saw in one thread where a person said lack of belief in god is tantamount to lack of belief in Humanity.

I am a believer that whatever your belief or your lack of belief, as long as you are a good person, you deserve to give love and be loved.

Yeah, so I am curious about your views on him. What he believed etc. :)

Honestly, I don't care about the insulting and BS posts of that person. You can just compare the religious ME countries with irreligious industrialized world and see humanity and morality codes are more preserved in which one of them. For example, I don't think that public execution, cutting hands, lashing, Taqqia (Religiously allowed lying), marrying with 8-9 years old girls, torturing, and polygamy is humanitarian. But, these are OK for some fanatics, and they oppose women rights and democracy. Let them alone ;)

Honestly, I don't care about the insulting and BS posts of that person. You can just compare the religious ME countries with irreligious industrialized world and see humanity and morality codes are more preserved in which one of them. For example, I don't think that public execution, cutting hands, lashing, Taqqia (Religiously allowed lying), marrying with 8-9 years old girls, torturing, and polygamy is humanitarian. But, these are OK for some fanatics, and they oppose women rights and democracy. Let them alone ;)

We should leave that discussion unless we get trolled.

Was Ibn al Rawandi a rationalist. I thought he started as a Multazite, but then became a heretic???

BTW, we have had many respected persons like Ibn Al-Rawandi. Khayyam is my favorite man. Al-Razi , the inventor of Alcohol, and sulfuric acid , and a philosopher, has many interesting ideas as well.

BTW, we have had many respected persons like Ibn Al-Rawandi. Khayyam is my favorite man. Al-Razi , the inventor of Alcohol, and sulfuric acid , and a philosopher, has many interesting ideas as well.

If I am not mistaken, was it Al-Razi who differentiated between Measles and Smallpox? :)

We should leave that discussion unless we get trolled.

Was Ibn al Rawandi a rationalist. I thought he started as a Multazite, but then became a heretic???

I agree.
Yes, That's right. his thoughts evolved by time, as he studied more and more, he understood that his thoughts were wrong, and he changed his opinions.

If I am not mistaken, was it Al-Razi who differentiated between Measles and Smallpox? :)

Yes, he is the first one who differentiated between measles and smallpox. ;)

I agree.
Yes, That's right. his thoughts evolved by time, as he studied more and more, he understood that his thoughts were wrong, and he changed his opinions.

Al-Razi invented Alcohol? Is he the ultimate heretic? as he invented a thing that is haram =D

Al-Razi invented Alcohol? Is he the ultimate heretic? as he invented a thing that is haram =D
:lol::lol::lol:
Actually he was a theist, but he didn't believe in prophets, and revelation.

@Ravi Nair
BTW, he has written a book which is called "مخارق الانبیاء", and he has literally mocked prophets.

Actually Buddha was a rationalist too, as he opposed the orthodox caste system in India approximately 2500 years ago.

Many Indian rationalists admired Buddha too. They also opposed Priests, as they were seen as purveyors of superstition.

Many people from Kerala take it for granted their freedoms. There were years and years of horrible caste repression.

@Ravi Nair
BTW, he has written a book which is called "مخارق الانبیاء", and he has literally mocked prophets.

Is there an English translation of the book? :)

keep your hopes low, I won't die until I send my enemies to heaven/hell.:lol::lol::lol:

I don't hope for anyone's' death even my enemies , By the way , we aint enemies . I count on you as a friend :cheers:

But don't fear death ,

به قول یکی از دوستان ، این شتریه که روی همه میخوابه

I don't hope for anyone's' death even my enemies , By the way , we aint enemies . I count on you as a friend :cheers:

But don't fear death ,

به قول یکی از دوستان ، این شتریه که روی همه میخوابه

That is sweet.

I mean, yuck!

Is there an English translation of the book? :)

I don't know. Actually, only some parts of the book is remained since muslims have hardly tried to remove this book. I usually read the persian version(or Arabic version by getting help) of these types of books, since if the translator is muslim, he may change the english translation a bit ;) I am not aware of existing an english translation of these types of books in general ;)

@Ravi Nair

When I keep thinking of people like Al- Razi, Rawandi and Buddha, I admire their courage. Going against the grain socially means inviting punishment, and worst of all, losing people you have known all your life.

Back
Top Bottom