What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

There's also footage of the Russians destroying one of the kamikaze speed boats

The ship seems to have made it back to shore, but some sources are claiming that the ship has been seriously damaged & will require 6 months of repairs. Sources also claim that there are casualties.

In the immediate aftermath some pro Ukrainian sources released these photos as proof that the ship was damaged but this was debunked.

The Russians are claiming that the one kamikaze speed boat didn't detonate when it hit the ship. Not sure if I buy that one.

Bakhmut after its capture

Realities of war. Ukrainian soldiers try to storm a Wagner position

One of Russia’s most modern navy ships hit with an unmanned suicide speed boat

The Russians are claiming that the one kamikaze speed boat didn't detonate when it hit the ship. Not sure if I buy that one.
the drone certainly stopped transferring video after the contact so it is safe to assume it detonated

the drone certainly stopped transferring video after the contact so it is safe to assume it detonated

If Ukraine boat used an RF or cellular signal to detonate the ship then it’s possible the Russian ship was jamming the signal.

US Humvees did that in Iraq to prevent IEDs from detonating.

If Ukraine boat used an RF or cellular signal to detonate the ship then it’s possible the Russian ship was jamming the signal.

US Humvees did that in Iraq to prevent IEDs from detonating.
why use that when you can use good old unjammable contact detonators

buy factions in their "Government" ....

These are self-serving warlords with no loyalty to each other and the government itself is being run on foreign aid and US leftovers. This can not go on for long, their system will crumble in a few years and there will be another civil war in Afghanistan. I am 100 % sure Quds Force already has a plan in place.
You may be right. But it is unfortunate for Afghanistan. The Taliban have an opportunity to unite and interact with the world while balancing that with Afghanistan’s national interests. I hope Iran will give them a chance because no one else will.

You may be right. But it is unfortunate for Afghanistan. The Taliban have an opportunity to unite and interact with the world while balancing that with Afghanistan’s national interests. I hope Iran will give them a chance because no one else will.

Instability in Afghanistan is not a desirable eventuality for Iran at all. Not just for Iran but also for heavyweights like China, which will oppose such an outcome because of the risk it poses to its OBOR project. Instability is what the common enemies of Iran and China, aka NATO are keen on provoking. Not to mention how this would boost the arrival of additional Afghan refugees as well as narcotics smuggling.

Moreover the notion that the Taleban are divided between autonomously acting warlord factions is largely a myth, as experts with deep knowledge of the subject matter and years of field research behind them have explained. As in practically every organization of that scale, there are political factions within the Taleban but divisions are not such that an external player could easily exacerbate them to the point of open conflict, and the sense of collective interest between these factions is prevalent enough to prompt cohesion in case of outside intervention of that kind.

The Iranian government has adopted the right approach. Cutting supplies of basic necessities to Afghanistan or simply the threat thereof, has the potential to impact the decision making of the current government of Afghanistan in regards to Iran's water rights. Other options are conceivable as well. However, unless Iran is attacked anything involving all out conflict with or within Afghanistan should not and will not be on the agenda anytime soon (possible existence of contingency plans to that effect notwithstanding).

Same goes for foreign-sponsored friction between Iranians and Afghan immigrants, by the way. All this will achieve is to negatively affect social peace and more importantly, to alienate millions of Afghan residents who actually oppose the Taleban staunchly and would therefore side with Iran in the hypothetical case of serious bilateral escalation.

Yes, chronological coincidence and nothing more.

1) The secretary of the SNSC is traditionally replaced every decade give or take. Shamkhani fulfilled this function from September 2013 to May 2023.
2) He was appointed both to the Expediency Council and as a political advisor to the Supreme Leader on Monday.

For those interested in the reasons, have a listen to the following:

The first point mentioned is particularly instructive: the very fact that Shamkhani akin to other liberal figures in the past including their patron Hashemi Rafsanjani, is wielding considerable influence within the state apparatus and that various official positions are staffed by men loyal to him, is not without effect on the Leader's decision to appoint him to new posts.

The Leader has a duty to keep the system as stable as possible. This is compounded by the threat emanating from Iran's existential foreign enemies who will not hesitate to exploit the slightest sign of political instability, and attempts to sideline liberals happen to be inherently conducive to such given how the latter will react by mobilizing their supporters to stir unrest. So the revolutionary core of the system must tread carefully when setting out to isolate certain deviationist elements.

What this also means is that any citizen casting their vote in favor of reformists or moderates, is complicit in aiding these camps to safeguard the clout they gained within the system, which includes their near monopoly over the Iranian media landscape (especially when it comes to strictly online-based media), their subversive influence upon Iranian academia and so on.

People who are thus assisting liberals and their effort to infiltrate public institutions are definitely in no position to take issue with the Leader when politicians such as Shamkhani are maintained within the system, or when Zibakalam (who considers Iranian civilization to be an "inferior" one) is allowed to keep his chair at Tehran University while inviting the ambassador of a EU state to his home for lunch. Instead of strengthening the Leader's hand and acting as soldiers to him the voters in question contribute to turning officials they later go on criticizing, into politically unshunnable components.

Last edited:
@tsunset @jauk @DarkDay @Muhammed45 @_Nabil_

Some on here are trying to legitimize payment of money by foreign governments to Iranian political activists in support of a fundamental transformation of Iran's political system i.e. "regime change". By the same token, they endorse foreign interference in Iran's domestic affairs.

1-jpg.931786

At the strict minimum, such individuals can no longer be considered as patriotic. Their input ought thus be met accordingly by those who are or claim to be.

Last edited:
@tsunset @jauk

Some on here are trying to legitimize payment of money by foreign governments to Iranian political activists in support of a fundamental transformation of Iran's political system i.e. "regime change". By the same token, they endorse foreign interference in Iran's domestic affairs.

1-jpg.931786

At the strict minimum, such individuals can no longer be considered as patriotic. Their input ought thus be met accordingly by those who claim to be.
someone fail to show us the law text that outlaw getting money from outside world.
show us the exact text of the law . or stop be like school teenager that build a gang to harass and bully others
be like a man and back your word with actual text of the law

someone fail to show us the law text that outlaw getting money from outside world.
show us the exact text of the law . or stop be like school teenager that build a gang to harass and bully others
be like a man and back your word with actual text of the law

Everyone has the right to know who they're dealing with.

I informed people that you legitimize the act of working for hostile foreign governments against Iran's own government. That's all which needs to be said on the topic.

Now wiggle along.

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to know who they're dealing with.

I informed people that you legitimize working for hostile foreign governments against Iran's own government. That's all which needs to be said on the topic.

Now wiggle along.
i say which law exactly say not to get money from foreigner . i said there is no law about not receiving money from foreign entities
he law against what you do with money is different , they don't ban you from receiving money just as simple as that , the law is an exacting entity , you can't interpret it as you like , the text is what it is .
so stop claw at straws

i say which law exactly say not to get money from foreigner . i said there is no law about not receiving money from foreign entities
he law against what you do with money is different , they don't ban you from receiving money just as simple as that , the law is an exacting entity , you can't interpret it as you like , the text is what it is .
so stop claw at straws

Working for a hostile foreign entity against one's own is called treason the world over.

You are on the record for attempting to legitimize and whitewash such behaviour, as clearly visible in the following post:

1-jpg.931786

And users have the right to know.

A hundred pages of sophistry won't change the fact. So keep wiggling.

Working for a hostile foreign entity against one's own is called treason the world over.

You are on the record for attempting to legitimize and whitewash such behaviour, as clearly visible in the following post:

1-jpg.931786

And users have the right to know.

A hundred pages of sophistry won't change the fact. So keep wiggling.
text of law please

Back
Top Bottom