What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

It happens even in Iran. Before Iran shot down a civilian airliner there was instances of it illuminating and even target its own fighter jets and passenger planes.

People don’t realize when you have a non integrated defense network and trigger happy operators this type of thing happens. Everyone was making fun of Russia dropping ordnance on its own city. Well, in the past several years US fighter jets have dropped during flights by accident.

Likely the TB2 was low RCS and the operator confused it with a Shahed 136 or Russian CM. They have been targeting Kiyv in the past 72 hours.

Also the flight operators fault for even launching that in Kiyv, TB2 has a range of less than 250KM…very far from front lines.

به نظرم بهتر بود تیتر و موضوع​
گردشگری ایران از نفت ترکیه عقب می‌‌افتد ؟

استفاده می‌‌شد

جدا از طنز تلخ ماجرا مقاله خوبیه​

به نظرم بهتر بود تیتر و موضوع​
گردشگری ایران از نفت ترکیه عقب می‌‌افتد ؟

استفاده می‌‌شد

جدا از طنز تلخ ماجرا مقاله خوبیه​
به نظر من نفت یه چیزیه که ایرانی ها رو از زمان قاجار عقب انداخته

ما باید بشیم چین خاورمیانه

ما باید بدون اتکا به نفت اقتصاد خودمون رو قوی بکنیم

از یک طرف دعوت به نقد و انتقاد کردن و جالبه که این دعوت با استناد به رفتار آقای خامنه‌ای داره توجیه می‌شه اونم از طریق وب سایت خبری قوه قضاییه

از طرف دیگه فضا رو فشرده نشون دادن با دادگاهی کردن روزنامه و روزنامه نگار ( جائی که باید تیز‌ترین و برنده‌ترین قلم ها اونجا باشه )

View attachment 927508

دو گانگی‌های این شکلی توجیه ناپذیر هستند​
به نظر من کسانی که این تیترها رو میزنن یه سری نفوذین که میخوان ایران رو از تمرکز به مسائل اصلی به حاشیه بکشونن و چند قطبی توی کشور ایجاد کنن

Last edited:
I'm not going to reply to everything you wrote, because I would have to write an entire essay, but I'll reply to some of it. I thank you for taking part in constructive discourse rather than just labelling & name calling, like some other people on this forum tend to do.

So you're blaming the previous administration for the recent devaluation of Iran's currency ? That's just an extension of the blame game. Every time something goes wrong, point the finger at either America/Israel, a previous administrations, etc. Regardless Khamenei was in charge the entire time and he has been in charge the entire time while Iran's currency continues to plummet into a seemingly endless abyss. Everyone knows that no major political / economic decisions with serious ramifications can be made without his prior approval.

Also Raesi has a team of dedicated economists which he corresponds with on a regular basis. Despite this, he has yet to take any decisive action to effectively stabilize Iran's ailing economy. Superficial solutions won't resolve Iran's economic crisis. The economic issues won't be resolved until someone tackles the root causes. The root causes are Iran's core policies, including its deeply flawed foreign policy. However anyone who dares make such suggestions is either ignored if they're lucky, blacklisted or even imprisoned if they're too bold in their assertions.

You acknowledge that at least 30% of Iranians are living below the poverty line. Fine so that means that at the least 25 million Iranians are currently living below the poverty line, in abject poverty. How many Palestinians are there anyways ? A few millions ? Is it worth it for 25+ million Iranians to live in abject poverty so that Iran can support a few million Palestinians in a struggle where realistically their chance of succeeding are slim to none ? Not to mention simultaneously powering a miniscule 2% of the electrical grid with nuclear energy ?

I'm sorry but that's not a worthwhile trade off and it's because these decisions are being made on ideological grounds rather than taking the most pragmatic, prudent approach. Not to mention, the people making such decisions lead comfortable, if not luxurious lifestyles, They're not the ones who have to live below the poverty line are they now ? The fact of the matter is that many regional countries, including Turkey, Saudis, UAE support various militant groups, but they do so in a way that doesn't have an adverse effect on their economic well being. Also the only reason that Israel & Iran are currently at odds is because of the Islamic Republics policy of declaring them an enemy, burning their flags, arming militants that are a direct threat to them. If Iran were to just boycott Israel for example, they would not pose any threat to Iran or Iranians. They would never seek to conquer Iranian territory or harm any Iranian.

When you burn any nations flags, label them as an enemy, chant death to them on a regular basis, well then of course that nation is going to perceive you as a rival & threat & take some sort of pre-emptive action. Imagine if any nation were burning Iranian flags & chanting death to Iran on a regular basis. How would that make you feel as an Iranian ? Would Iran perceive them as a threat ? Would Iran take pre-emptive actions in one way or another. Honestly I'm against all of that kind of behavior and I consider it un Iranian. It gives Iran a negative image globally & kills potential for Iran's tourism industry. Traditionally Iran is known for its excellent treatment of guests, hospitality, culture etc but burning flags & chanting hateful slogans over-shadows all of those positive cultural traits.

In regards to Israel, let's be realistic, the chances of Iran & the resistance axis liberating Palestine are slim to none. Iran doesn't share borders with Israel. Hezbollah does not have the capability to go on the offensive and the inflation rate in Lebanon is over 200% so they don't have the stomach for a conflict either. As for Syria, Assad doesn't have the testicular fortitude & currently only controls a third of his own country. The only way that Palestine could be liberated was if the entire Muslim world united and even then a positive outcome would not be guaranteed. However the chances of the entire Islamic world uniting to liberate Palestine in an armed conflict is actually zero. So what is the point then ? Not to mention that Israel possesses nuclear arms, so it's just not going to happen.

Every conflict comes to an end sooner or later & when it does there will always be negotiations / consultations which lead to specific terms being agreed upon. The terms are always based on the realities on the ground. The fact of the matter is that the Palestinians & Arabs have lost every war they waged against Israel. Unfortunately there are certain Palestinians who don't want to face objective reality. They stubbornly cling onto some sort of idealistic belief system. Therefore they reject any terms they're presented with. However in negotiations, when one side has a significant advantage, if their offer is rejected, then the next offer will be less generous and that trend will continue until in the end, the losing side gets nothing. That's essentially where the Palestinians find themselves today.

I agree that there are many benefits to Iran having a domestic, civilian nuclear industry, including radio active medicine for cancer patients. But that's not the reason why Iran is being sanctioned over its nuclear program. It's partly because Iran was building undeclared, clandestine nuclear sites. I agree that the entire western approach towards Iran is hypocritical. "Do as I say, not as I do" But Iran's current approach of sitting on the fence in regards to the issue is also completely irrational. Only 2% of Iran's electrical grid is powered with nuclear energy + Iran does not have nuclear weapons. Again, the trade off simply is not worth it

Also Iran could exercise sovereignty & be a strong & independent nation without implementing ruinous & self destructive policies that deplete & degrade its own economy. Iran does not have to implement such policies, which are detrimental to its economic well being, in order to be independent and exercise sovereign. China for example is America's most significant rival but they're intelligent enough to openly trade with them as well, using the revenue generated from that trade to build up their military prowess & global influence. Iran could do the same thing as well. India refuses to go along with western sanctions vs Russia & they are now selling Russian fuel to the EU for a hefty profit. There are countless other examples like this. The entire argument which you made about sovereignty can also be applied to a country like North Korea for example. However we all know that the people in South Korea not only have more personal freedoms but also have much higher standards of living.

In regards to sources, the GDP per capita figures I mentioned are from the UN. According to the Majlis Research Center, 55% of Iranians were living below the poverty line or on less than 3.4 million tomans per month in 2019. Since then the situation the situation has drastically taken a turn for the worse In 2019 the average exchange rate was roughly 150,000 Rial to 1 USD. It's now something like 540,000 and as long as the US dollar remains the worlds reserve currency, which will probably be for the next few decades, even with the emergence of BRIC, Iran will remain in an economically unfavorable situation. Trying to downplay the severity of the situation or trying to brush everything under the rug isn't going to change the facts on the ground. Sure Iran has made alot of progress since the revolution but there's no one that can convince me that Iran would not be better off today without policies which lead to sanctions, which in turn lead to excessive levels of poverty & inflation.

Then I'd advise correcting priorities.

Iran is comfortably competing with the latter already.

Speculative assertion.

Income rose over the past months, therefore your previous suggestion that poverty must have skyrocketed from 30% to over 50% during this period cannot be the case.

Living standards and purchasing power in Iran improved significantly after the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

See:

https://djavadsalehi.com/2018/03/21...ard-of-iranians-higher-before-the-revolution/

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/44...in-Iran-60-percent-higher-than-pre-Revolution

Again it's not "me" saying that, but the relevant statistical office. Which happens to be equipped the technical means of conducting nationwide empirical studies, and unlike random politicians doesn't have reelection nor other items of political expediency in mind.

You on the other hand have kept repeating a claim without producing any credible source to substantiate it. What you 'heard' is really of no consequence: you need valid evidence to support it, otherwise it has no place in a serious discussion.

Concerning recent currency devaluations, I already responded by reminding that salaries were raised as well. So compared to last year, the inflation-induced added strain on living standards is not exactly as significant as you seem to believe.

You realize this is a legacy of the previous administration's blatant failures, and very far from representing a constant after the Islamic Revolution, right?

Incidentally, the administration in question was led by the a camp which happens to be under the chronic delusion that making concessions to the west will yield sanctions relief and economic prosperity. Something you go on advocating in spite of the historic experience alluded to, which clearly demonstrates how Iranian concessions were not followed by any meaningful easing of sanctions.

In 2013 for instance, Iran's poverty rate stood at 18,8%. In 2019 it surpassed 25% due to the Rohani administration's policies.

Under the ouster Pahlavi monarchy, poverty was widespread including after the 1973 oil boom. In 1977, 46% of Iranians were living under the poverty line according to the World Bank. This is while in the early 2000's the Islamic Republic had managed to halve that figure.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/IRN/iran/poverty-rate

This all suggests the issue can and will probably be fixed once again. It's a matter of time, unless western-appeasing liberals manage to obstruct ore sabotage adequate solutions.

Inflation is practically Iran's sole problematic macroeconomic indicator by the way. Unemployment for instance is not too high, the balance of payments and balance of trade are favorable, public debt levels are extremely low and so on. Moreover Iran is not experiencing stagflation, since GDP growth is positive.

So your cursory catastrophist statements about the Iranian economy do not properly reflect actual ground reality, nor do they document the factors at play.

At this point it's safe to conclude your information on the economic debate in Iran tends to be rather limited. Which you can't be faulted for per se. However, you also appear to be short on motivation when it comes to acquiring the knowledge necessary to discuss the subject. I shared some sources useful to this purpose, but it would seem as if you choose to ignore them. Preferring instead to rely on hearsay as well as slogan-like, superficial talking points reminiscent of mainstream media and oppositionist discourse, which is misleading by essence.

I will have to repeat, Iran under the foregoing liberal administration attempted to reach an agreement with western powers in good faith, and said powers never fulfilled their commitments, trampling the deal under everyone's eyes from day one.

They unmistakably demonstrated their complete lack of interest for anything short of unconditional capitulation on Iran's part.

Thus, even if Iran were to forego nuclear energy altogether, Washington and Brussels egged on by Tel Aviv would come up with some other pretext to sanction Iran. This would go on until Iran accepts to give up her main assets of deterrence, namely her ballistic missile and drone power as well as her regional system of alliances. Which would invite military aggression or other decisive forms of destabilization by the enemy, as Libya experienced first hand.

Secondly, Iran's peaceful nuclear energy program is a long term investment par excellence. The share of nuclear power in Iran's overall energy production can and will be raised progressively. At the very least, new power plants will complement the existing one to maintain a constant share as total output goes up. Iran's not in a hurry in this regard.

Thirdly, nuclear science has numerous benefits and ramifications well beyond the production of energy. These are of both civilian (scientific progress, agricultural uses, medical applications, etc) and military nature - by the latter I'm referring to the potential break-out capability it endows Iran with, which has been acting as a major element of deterrence against any potential aggressors. Potential aggressors of which there is and will be no shortage in a region like West Asia and for a country such as Iran. History should be a guide here.

Last but not least, sanctions are not the main obstacle to economic progress. Iran can overcome the bulk of economic challenges she's facing through appropriate and adapted government policies.

A rash view of things, which is missing the central stakes at hand.

The zionist regime has no tolerance for powerful integrated nation-states in its vicinity, and that includes countries beyond Occupied Palestine's immediate neighbors. Was Iraq sharing any borders with the zionist regime for the Isra"el" lobby in Washington to push for invading that country in 2003?

As for those who think Tel Aviv will take aim at antagonistic governments only, they ought to familiarize themselves with the Bernard Lewis doctrine publicly expressed at the Moshe Dayan center in the 1970's. Or with the Oded Yinon plan, published in the early 1980's. Both of which are calling for the dismantling of regional nation-states into sub-national entities along "ethno"-linguistic or confessional lines.

Likewise, people should explain what kind of a regime will have its minister speak next to maps incorporating a neighbors with which they actually struck a peace deal?

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-eas...ister-over-use-of-greater-israel-map/2851154#

Now let's take a look back at the former regime in Iran. According to oppositionists and to critics of the Islamic Republic's support for the Palestinian cause, the shah's cooperation with the zionists was beneficial for Iran and her people. That is a flawed supposition though. In reality, not only did Isra"el" see in Iran a milking cow, as illustrated by the rip off that was Project Flower...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Flower

...but much more importantly, the zionist regime was not content with Iran's refusal to extend support to the Palestinians. What they did, was to encroach upon and infiltrate Iranian institutions at strategic levels. Zionist networks including high placed local oligarchs of Jewish and Haifan Baha'i obedience were working to influence Iranian policy-making in Tel Aviv's favor. The country's paramount security agency SAVAK was literally set up not just by the CIA and MI6 but also by Mossad, which retained loyal men at key positions within the organization.

The zionist regime is a security threat for Iran no matter how one will look at it.

As for the odds of the Resistance coming out victorious, as long as there are people who actively reject the zionist neo-colonial yoke, the regime will be at risk of collapse in the same way as apartheid South Africa. The latter wasn't brought down by military conquest either. Nonetheless the resistance movement led by the ANC proved instrumental in the process.

The smart way for Syria to confront the zionist regime is through asymmetrical means. Which Syria has resumed, as witnessed with the recent Palestinian rocket fire from Syrian soil following the raid on Al-Aqsa Mosque.

In view of Syria's situation after years of devastating war, expecting Damascus to go all in however would be absurd.

Again their independence, their national self-determination, their sovereignty.

Addressed above.

1) Specific Palestinian organizations. Not Palestinians per se nor all Palestinians groups.
2) This is not a reason to turn passive towards a major threat to Iran's security, stemming from an expansionist and domineering colonialist entity.

Speculation coupled with ad populum.

The policy ranks among elementary geostrategic imperatives for Iran and it has successfully held at bay a dangerous regime out to subdue Iran and threaten her territorial integrity.

The only baseless rhetoric I see consists of a series of sweeping simplifications about the Iranian economy post-Revolution, combined with advocacy of something that was actually tried but failed blatantly i.e. some acceptable resolution of the standoff with western imperialist powers.

I am in a book store in Tehran

I am usually standing at my work for 8 hours

And my income is about $270

But I don't nag because I know most of Iranians are the same
You work in a book store in Tehran, and your monthly salary is $270 (in USD equivalent - free market rate?)

What are your working hours?

How much of that $270 goes to income taxes, other taxes, pensions, etc?

How much is rent, how big is the flat? How much are groceries and your other typical monthly expenses?

But I don't nag
You are a real Patriot..I salute you my friend..Not like the fake account that is dedicated to bilitteling Iran 24/7..

Your patience will someday be rewarded ..Remember your country is one of richest in the world and the only reason you are not better off is because of some stupid mis management and foreign policy of Mullahs. This will be fixed but not through revolution or regime change but by people constantly reminding the top guys that their priority is first to IRAN and only after Iran is fully prospress that they can talk about Islam.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom