What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

To reiterate, it depends on whether participants are informed about the risks involved. And engaged responsibility doesn't necessarily imply that the latter isn't shared. This said, some will accept such a risk in order to perform a religious duty, others in order to indulge in culturally alien, consumerist festivals designed to offer them illusory relief from their condition as slaves to totalitarian capitalist-imperialist exploitation. Different people have different values.
participating in a funneral is not religious duty.
and by looking at history of haj and previous incident i say they were informed of such danger
or when the crane fall on pilgrims the danger was known to the participant that walking in workshop is dangerous .

so no the participant are not to blame the blame is on organizers who didn't control the crowd appropriately

what about mena incident ?
who was responsible , KSA or the people who went for Haj
what about stampede at Mr. Suleimani funeral? who was responsible for that ?

tell this to the ones who closed all other doors for the people on the street .
the divide between government and people make room for opportunists , when people don't consider government from themselves the door for opportunists will be opened
These are not ‘people’. The people went and go to war, build stuff, invent stuff, give to society, are active and productive scientists, etc. These are the modern day hippies but even more entitled. They stand no chance other than diverting resources. Nope not ‘people’.

These are not ‘people’. The people went and go to war, build stuff, invent stuff, give to society, are active and productive scientists, etc. These are the modern day hippies but even more entitled. They stand no chance other than diverting resources. Nope not ‘people’.
your idea , not the rest of the world

Ah. 'The world'. There is no valid 'world' where the people went and go to war, build stuff, invent stuff, give to society, are active and productive scientists, etc. You seem not to be of that 'world'.
and you are sure the 150+ who died no one build stuff , had productive job, invented things and gave to society?
Do you have proof for that

and you are sure the 150+ who died no one build stuff , had productive job, invented things and gave to society?

I’m not aware of 150 dead. Please provide evidence. Also, while you’re working so hard at it, please provide evidence of (easily available) the killed security forces and those martyred un Shahchiragh as well. Those were the ‘people’. I’m sure some of the dead that you refer to might have been productive members of society. Cherry picking that, and throwing ‘the world’ into the mix doesn’t support you’re fragile stance.

The point is that Halloween is an example of cultural intrusion and replacement being acted upon Korea by soulless western capitalism. it is negative by itself, and the fact that 150+ people have died for it makes it even worse.

The point is that Halloween is an example of cultural intrusion and replacement being acted upon Korea by soulless western capitalism. it is negative by itself, and the fact that 150+ people have died for it makes it even worse.
the point is its a feast , and people like feasts .
has nothing with capitalism or being soul less

by the way if the people were soulless , they stayed at home , went to bed at 9 , wakeup at 6 , brush their teeth . went to work like good cogs in capitalism wheel .
they never would have found them in such places .
and i brought other examples that the people died with such mechanism and the hypocrisy and double standards showed themselves

by the way if the people were soulless , they stayed at home , went to bed at 9 , wakeup at 6 , brush their teeth . went to work like good cogs in capitalism wheel .
and i brought other examples that the people died with such mechanism and the hypocrisy and double standards showed themselves
This is the same mentality of the people who say "it's just a movie bro" when you bring up propaganda in movies.

Halloween is only naively a 'feast'. It is mainly a manifestation of rancid commerce that the poor general population piggybacks on. It has EVERYTHING to do with capitalism. Same with the other 'feasts' like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Super Bowl, March Madness, Presidents Day, Labor Day ... sigh. You're cargo cultish image of Halloween is just that. A cargo cultish image of Halloween.

Sorry hack I’m going to have to disagree, it’s definitely capitalism, but Halloween is fun for the kids, for the cost of their costumes I can buy ten times worth the candy they got, but again it’s not really the point it’s just for fun kids aren’t going to become pagans, and one thing I love is turkey day, turkey sandwiches for a week.

participating in a funneral is not religious duty.

Hajj is.

And the funeral of a national hero is an extraordinary event of political and historical significance, as opposed to the likes of "Halloween".

and by looking at history of haj and previous incident i say they were informed of such danger
or when the crane fall on pilgrims the danger was known to the participant that walking in workshop is dangerous .

They accepted the risk in order to perform a religious duty. Which sets them apart from people risking their lives to indulge in shallow consumerist events.

so no the participant are not to blame the blame is on organizers who didn't control the crowd appropriately

Responsibility of participants is engaged on an individual basis as soon as they are informed about risks involved. Notwithstanding the blame that falls on organizers.

Back
Top Bottom