What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Jannati, poor guy is a national-level joke.

I wouldn't really call Khamenei the Ahriman.
I don't believe that a single person could change a country for the better or worse.
He was a bright cleric in his prime years.
When you look at the people that were involved in the regime that came after the 1979 uprising, he was possibly the best choice among them. He was charismatic, he was open-minded (by the standards of the Mullahs in Hoze Elmieh) and he was charismatic and politically educated.

I think only Rafsanjani came close to Khamenei's level of intelligence.
As commander in chief Khamenei personally assigns commanders of Gasht ershad and gives them greenlight for operations. Do you think murder of journalists, protesters, women etc are not brought to the attention of Khamenei? Even if he did not order it directly, he, as the commander in chief of all the armed forces should be sacked and prosecuted for letting these things happen under his watch. The worse thing is, he takes no action after thousands of such reports. But let's not fool ourselves, Khamenei not only turns a blind eye, he encourages these violent actions against the people directly.

The 80's and 90's are gone, we fought Iraq and the Western world and Khamenei did OK for a cleric at that time. It is time to vacate the throne and give it back to the people.

Blame the Islamic Republic for this possible reality.
But not CIA or Mossad spending HUGE resources to inflitrate Iran? you forgot the 700 banks these "protesters' destroyed the last time on CIA orders so as to shut down Iran economically.

War is compromise and sacrifice, period, and Iran is a war country with a war mindset - most of you wil lose your Iran the moment you let the ill-meaning foreigners in- they already did it once, that was what caused the Islamic revolution.

if Iranians "change" their system violently, they will become another Pakistan- US picked and controlled president, and Iranians wont be able to change it for decades probably.

Buut also, some Iranians might not realize the progress Iran has made till now until they lose it all...humans are not that smart u know.

As commander in chief Khamenei personally assigns commanders of Gasht ershad and gives them greenlight for operations. Do you think murder of journalists, protesters, women etc are not brought to the attention of Khamenei? Even if he did not order it directly, he, as the commander in chief of all the armed forces should be sacked and prosecuted for letting these things happen under his watch. The worse thing is, he takes no action after thousands of such reports. But let's not fool ourselves, Khamenei not only turns a blind eye, he encourages these violent actions against the people directly.

The 80's and 90's are gone, we fought Iraq and the Western world and Khamenei did OK for a cleric at that time. It is time to vacate the throne and give it back to the people.
I don't think Khamenei interferes in that kind of stuff. The head of the police in Tehran is probably elected by his indirect decision, I don't think he gets directly involved in non-important roles like Gasht-e Ershad.
But I do blame him for excessive use of violence against unarmed protestors.
If it was indeed him that appeared in public a few days ago, I really expected him to talk about the death of Mahsa Amini.
He completely ignored the issue. A wrong move.

But aren't you afraid that IRGC can intervened and turn it into civil war?
Intervene in what?
I don't think anybody is afraid of a civil war.

I don't think Khamenei interferes in that kind of stuff. The head of the police in Tehran is probably elected by his indirect decision, I don't think he gets directly involved in non-important roles like Gasht-e Ershad.
All the heads of Police, Judiciary, national tv, army, irgc and many other government bodies are directly appointed by Khamenei himself.

Head of the Police? Sure. Gasht-e Ershad? I don't think so.
I am not sure under which government body the gasht ershad falls. I suspect it is the interior ministry. I am not completely sure if Khamenei micromanages all the executives but the fact that these killing are happening again and again show that he is perfectly Okay with it or even worse, does not care.

What a successful regime. After 4+ decades it is the cause of rioting and dissatisfaction. What happened to their islamic utopia?
good govts can face protests, so protests alone done prove a govt isnt succesful. Governance is imperfect, and biased citizens love to ignore all factors at play.

But aren't you afraid that IRGC can intervened and turn it into civil war?
civil or sectarian? Cuz you Egyptians genocided your Copts last time you had a "revolution".. just sayin.

adversary seperates the weak from the strong.

The fairweather from the hardcore.

This thread is a good look into western echo chambers. Lots of expat Iranians are acting like raging twitter bots you see . Getting completely emotional beyond comprehension, feeding off each others outrage and anger, and soon turning into a mindless mob.

Humans are herd animals. exactly like sheep.

Alot of people seem to like Iran when it makes them proud, such as military / geopolitical achievements. But completely throw Iran under the bus as soon as the slight thing goes wrong and become mindless zombies..

when that arab iranian lunatic beheaded his wife? topple the governemtn and burn everything down

lessening subsidies on fuel to make cost 5 cents a litre (2 or 3rd cheapest on earth) government robbing them blind, and stealing all the profits.. .When you go to fill your car, the government should be standing there to give you money. Even then some will complain its not enough...

detained woman dies on camera by falling over on her own and hitting her head? While there is the possibility that a female cop might have roughed her up was the main cause of her collapsing. IT doesnt matter that this is a rare 1 off event, not state sanctioned and condemned by the state and in the process of being investigated.... Screw that, burn it all down, topple the government and burn the Iranian flag, and tear off war heros pictures..

You people absolutely make me sick. You are not IRanians, but fearweather cheerleaders.

I will lastly leave it with a quote from an IRGC man i talked to /knew. he literally laughed and scoffed at these pathetic teenage hooligans. He said when Iran was under all out invasion, had nothing but a weak government, an army with questionable loyalty/ no access to anything. and our MEK opponets were armed with RPGs in the street. We cleansed all of that, you think we cant handle a couple of javgeer jegheles>"

really pathetic @Surenas please change your username. If your that weak willed that you throw soleimani under the bus so easily, you dont deserve to have the name of legendary Iranian soldiers. You would have been one of the spies who would inform alexanders army of takht jamshids weakpoints in exchange for money/status

adversary seperates the weak from the strong.

The fairweather from the hardcore.

This thread is a good look into western echo chambers. Lots of expat Iranians are acting like raging twitter bots you see . Getting completely emotional beyond comprehension, feeding off each others outrage and anger, and soon turning into a mindless mob.

Humans are herd animals. exactly like sheep.

Alot of people seem to like Iran when it makes them proud, such as military / geopolitical achievements. But completely throw Iran under the bus as soon as the slight thing goes wrong and become mindless zombies..

when that arab iranian lunatic beheaded his wife? topple the governemtn and burn everything down

lessening subsidies on fuel to make cost 5 cents a litre (2 or 3rd cheapest on earth) government robbing them blind, and stealing all the profits.. .When you go to fill your car, the government should be standing there to give you money. Even then some will complain its not enough...

detained woman dies on camera by falling over on her own and hitting her head? While there is the possibility that a female cop might have roughed her up was the main cause of her collapsing. IT doesnt matter that this is a rare 1 off event, not state sanctioned and condemned by the state and in the process of being investigated.... Screw that, burn it all down, topple the government and burn the Iranian flag, and tear off war heros pictures..

You people absolutely make me sick. You are not IRanians, but fearweather cheerleaders.

I will lastly leave it with a quote from an IRGC man i talked to /knew. he literally laughed and scoffed at these pathetic teenage hooligans. He said when Iran was under all out invasion, had nothing but a weak government, an army with questionable loyalty/ no access to anything. and our MEK opponets were armed with RPGs in the street. We cleansed all of that, you think we cant handle a couple of javgeer jegheles>"

really pathetic @Surenas please change your username. If your that weak willed that you throw soleimani under the bus so easily, you dont deserve to have the name of legendary Iranian soldiers. You would have been one of the spies who would inform alexanders army of takht jamshids weakpoints in exchange for money/status

I don't care about Soleimani anymore. My entire family is full with members who served in the Iran-Iraq War, some of them injured or killed. And with me millions of other Iranians. The idea that the Soleimani, while deserving praise for his role in the defense of Iran, should be above criticism as the face of Iran's dictatorship and questionable role in quelling peaceful protests in Iran back in 1999 is ridicilous. I don't attach more value to Soleimani than to any other brave Iranian who served to defend Iran, with even many of them now having turned against the Islamic Republic and its anti-Iranian policies.

Nothing more laughable than a so-called zartosht fanatically defending the brutal dictatorship called Islamic Republic which tramples on the human rights of his fellow compatriots.

Our women have more honor and balls to stand up for their rights than a coward like you who gets turned on because of drones and missiles all the while his fellow countrymen are suffering from opression.

At this pace, if those troubles are persistent they will reach Ahwaz, Balochistan, Kurds, Azeri, .... The west, Israel, the Khaliji will be more than happy to finance, arm, adopt, a total civil uprising ....

With inside traitors and spies, Syrian scenario will be played again, where many generals defected and joined opposition.

there won't be any Iran, best scenario a Persia surrounded by closer enemies.
I disagree. Iran is not some civil-war bound banana republic. These riots are just another days work. They will be gone soon and the instigators will be processed after. The IRI is dealing with this brilliantly.

It's making stuff up as it goes....awesome watching it squirm in the sty when the mud is fresh. 😆

Everybody should be afraid of a civil War, unless crazy or sold out....
The chance of a strong earthquake hitting Tehran and destroying the capital is at least a million times more likely than a civil war. Unless you suffer from severe drug dependent paranoia, like you might do, you shouldn't be afraid of it.

Of all the ways that Iran can fall apart, a civil war is the last.

Thing is, a total departure from theocratic government will be a double-edged sword for Iran itself. Iran today is safe surrounded by buffer zones created by allied Shia areas around us. At the time of revolution the biggest threat came from Baathists in Iraq, over the time Shia and Kurdish political strategy made sure that the threat got neutralized. We would have got a Qatari/Turkish/Saudi installed government in Syria attacking our created Iraqi Shiite government had we not got a militant ally in Iraqi Shias, Alawites and Hezbollah. Why is KSA not retaliating against Iran? We have given them an eternal hell called Shiite Houthis in Yemen. There is a buffer zone in Afghanistan too in form of the Northern Alliance which includes Persian speaking Tajiks and Shia Afghan groups. So if we just re-brand our government as a secular democracy these groups will become headless and be taken out one by one by our regional enemies. We will become another benign middle eastern country with oil and debt. Will we be safe after this or our current enemies will come for us smelling blood ? Akhoonds have mastered this buffer area strategy. Authors like Vali Nasr, Afshin Molavi give them credit for keeping Iran safe in the most dire times in the region. Imagine at one time there was Civil war in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, KSA was getting Ballistic missiles on its head, Turkey was fighting PKK, Israel was fighting wars with Hezbollah, Hamas .... yet we were safe and sound. So credit must be given where its due. They have also done some very good things, they did not let the Iranian military loose its edge in the region. STEM Education kept improving to the point that Iranian ranking in R&D boosted massively, industry kept growing too though not at the expected pace. Diplomatic relations with friends, and deterrent threatening behavior towards enemies across PG and in NW was maintained too.

Akhoonds failed to evolve with time though. They made some mistakes that Iranian nation had to suffer through. Starting from the beginning, they elongated the war which could have ended in 1982 and save lives of Iranian soldiers, why the madness, the human wave attacks? Mad clowns like Saddam are bound to fail so why Iranian nation was forced to suffer post 82. They made Israel an enemy for the sake of Palestinians that not even Arabian countries of Levant or PG support, they hate us for being "Iranians" and "Shias" so why waste decades of our nation building up a hostility with a distant nation that we had no actual quarrel with. Although one can argue that the support Iran gained in non-Iranian nations to implement its proxy buffer policy was a result of Iranian hostility towards Israel so trust of the middle eastern masses shifted towards Iran. Still IMO its a failed twisted strategy. Iran could have instead built massive economic, industrial, hydrocarbon, and defense partnerships with Russia, Japan, Korea, China, EU, Brazil, and India. Look how the Russian federation waited for years post-USSR to recover and establish energy leverages, that if the west sanctions Russia they lose the gas, if they dont they lose the war against Russia. Iran could have implemented the same policy by first focusing on creating dependent markets for its oil and gas to create leverage over rising powers industrial powers making them dependent upon Iranian oil including western ones in EU. We could have then looked into projecting power but theocratic leaders are not visionaries. They were more interested in Hijabs and Hamas firing pipes at Israel. I am not angry at them, they performed good but they should have performed better. They had trust of the nation.

I see total chaos after the death of SL, there will be political piss contests that enemies of Iran will try to exploit to max. Islamic Iran knows no other leader than Khomeini or Khamenei. The void will be big which won't be filled by anyone easily and may even lead to the collapse of theocratic style government. What happens then will be the collapse of the regional buffer zones we created, next step our own territorial integrity will be challenged from NW. Hence the transition must be smooth and as nonchaotic as possible. IRGC will need to play its role as the guardian of the revolution. They had a perfect leader too but he is gone now and we ironically have no leader in Iran post SL that can rally the nation. When I see these protestors I see this future of Iran where these street riots will become a norm and there won't be leadership to tackle it. Enemies have not so far invested heavily in these cracks but they will once the SL and his trusted structure will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom