What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Unfortunately Iran's terrain is not suitable for large scale agriculture. Atleast not to the extent where it can feed a population of 80 million. I mean it's doable but it would require a massive investment in the agricultural industry. Farmers must use the most up to date and modern methods. Again this requires a massive investment and alot of effort.
on that you are wrong, we produced food for 2-30 million when the farming was done with cow , sickle and shovel. and without any chemical fertilizer
that's a wrong impression that Iran is not suitable for farming

Well just look at Iran's terrain compared to Europe, Ideally for agriculture you want plains, green pastures, not mountains and deserts. Just look at Iran, it looks arid and dry. Yes it can be done but only with modern, optimized farming methods.

Kazakhstan is a wheat exporter but that's because Khruzchev spent a large expenditure on developing that territory for agriculture during the "Virgin Lands Campaign" He made it a national priority and poured the equivalent of billions into the industry.

Honestly agriculture is not rocket science, but some of the farmers in Iran are just careless and greedy, pouring the water directly onto the fields during the day, half the water goes to waste, rather than just using PVC pipes with a sensor, or setting up greenhouses. Maybe the droughts are a blessing in disguise, they're going to force some of these guys to be more efficient.

terrain Eurasia.jpg

on that you are wrong, we produced food for 2-30 million when the farming was done with cow , sickle and shovel. and without any chemical fertilizer
that's a wrong impression that Iran is not suitable for farming

The North South corridor would be a huge boon but the Egyptians and Israelis won't be happy and neither will the west in general. IMO Iran needs to make it a national priority. Also Russia, China, Iran, Venezuela and many others need to come together and setup an alternative to SWIFT.

Recently Biden stated that if China invades Taiwan, the US will intervene militarily. However if Taiwan declares independent China will have no choice. Now China must know that they are the next target. They need to begin building up for the inevitable collision. The USA is declining as the worlds number one but they don't want to let go without a fight.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Iran's terrain is not suitable for large scale agriculture. Atleast not to the extent where it can feed a population of 80 million. I mean it's doable but it would require a massive investment in the agricultural industry. Farmers must use the most up to date and modern methods. Again this requires a massive investment and alot of effort.
I am a firm proponent of hydroponic farming.

Last edited:
I honestly believe that for most farms, green houses and PVC pipes, along with pumps and moisture/temperature sensors could go a very long way. Unfortunately many lazy farmers pour the water directly on the soil during the hottest time of the day. It's disgusting and such a waste. The government honestly needs to step in and begin regulating. Hopefully the droughts will force farmers to be more careful with limited resources. Somehow though I doubt it.

I am a firm proponent on hydroponic farming.

I honestly believe that for most farms, green houses and PVC pipes, along with pumps and moisture/temperature sensors could go a very long way. Unfortunately many lazy farmers pour the water directly on the soil during the hottest time of the day. It's disgusting and such a waste. The government honestly needs to step in and begin regulating. Hopefully the droughts will force farmers to be more careful with limited resources. Somehow though I doubt it.
This is a matter which requires education...it can be pitched to farmers as methods to boost production.

Zelensky recently boasted that Ukraine now has 600,000 troops under its banner. However the majority of these are territorial defense units, which are usually inadequately armed and some only receiving training for a few days before being deployed to the front. This video shows the dire situation many recruits find themselves in. All of them seem to be appealing for proper training and adequate weapons. They claim that they are being deployed to fight tanks and artillery with just machine guns. They plead not to be turned into cannon fodder. Quite sad.

Last edited:
Iran can feed all of middle east if We change our agricultural methods and the way we use water.

@sha ah Iran's Agricultural statistics
  • According to the FAO, Iran is the 12th largest producer of wheat in the world. The country’s wheat production in 2020 amounted to 15 million tons. China is the world's largest producer of the strategic grain with 134 million tons, followed by India and Russia.
  • Based on the FAO data, the Islamic Republic is the third-largest producer of dates, honey, pistachios, and walnuts in the world.The FAO has put Iran's pistachio production at 190,000 tons in 2020, placing the country in third place among the world’s top producers of the mentioned products after the United States and Turkey.
  • Iran is also ranked fourth in terms of almond and watermelon production. The country’s almond production is reported to be 164,000 tons per year. The United States is in first place with 2.37 million tons of almonds, followed by Spain and Australia in second and third places.
What angers me is the fact such as this...Iran was N01 in Pistachio production now thanks to stupid Agricultural methods we are number 3..Imagine Turkey makes more than Iran..Iran showed the American farmers (1960-1970)how to make pistachio and now they are no1..making them in the california desert. just because they know how to use the water

Well California has had issues with droughts recently so not all farmers use water efficiently. There are even cases of water theft when droughts occur in California. Anyways in Iran the government needs to intervene and force farmers to use more efficient methods imo.

Iran can feed all of middle east if We change our agricultural methods and the way we use water.

@sha ah Iran's Agricultural statistics
  • According to the FAO, Iran is the 12th largest producer of wheat in the world. The country’s wheat production in 2020 amounted to 15 million tons. China is the world's largest producer of the strategic grain with 134 million tons, followed by India and Russia.
  • Based on the FAO data, the Islamic Republic is the third-largest producer of dates, honey, pistachios, and walnuts in the world.The FAO has put Iran's pistachio production at 190,000 tons in 2020, placing the country in third place among the world’s top producers of the mentioned products after the United States and Turkey.
  • Iran is also ranked fourth in terms of almond and watermelon production. The country’s almond production is reported to be 164,000 tons per year. The United States is in first place with 2.37 million tons of almonds, followed by Spain and Australia in second and third places.
What angers me is the fact such as this...Iran was N01 in Pistachio production now thanks to stupid Agricultural methods we are number 3..Imagine Turkey makes more than Iran..Iran showed the American farmers (1960-1970)how to make pistachio and now they are no1..making them in the california desert. just because they know how to use the water

Back
Top Bottom