What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

US gun policy is unfairly criticized tbh. Private gun ownership can be done responsibly and if you train your population can be another tool for national defence. Scandinavian countries also have high rates of gun ownership but don't have the same rate if gun violence. Owning a gun doesn't make someone want to commit violent crimes, but poverty, poor mental health infrastructure, and a general lack of societal responsibility and cohesion does. Iran has many of these same problems.

And yet Iran's intentional homicide rate is something like two and a half to three times lower than the USA's. So based on what you explained, it implies Iran is definitely much less affected by these problems. Iran also lacks the above described, historically rooted culture of violence which goes hand in hand with the guns in America.

Last edited:
As someone who has actually lived in the US, I think comparing safety an security between Iran and the US is totally ignorant. Iran with all of its problems is infinitley safer than the US. As soon as it gets dark, people do not come out of their homes for fear of violence in the US... you dont see kids playing in the streets when it gets dark in the US. People are genuienly scared of getting shot, or robbed at gun point.
People who think that only gun violence is a problem in the US, dont undrestand the US.... knife murdrs or other non gun related muders are also huge. Just read the news on mass shootings.... for every one killed, there is usually 5 wounded...

Please stop coming up with silly comparisons of safety between the two countries if you do not have experiance living in both countries... the statistics do not even begine to tell the who story.

Iran with all of its problems is infinitley safer than the US. As soon as it gets dark, people do not come out of their homes for fear of violence in the US... you dont see kids playing in the streets when it gets dark in the US. People are genuienly scared of getting shot, or robbed at gun point.

Absolutely. Ordinary citizens above reproach are scared to death from police in the US for God's sake, let alone from criminals! In Iran, they argue with cops, disobey injunctions and shout at officers. In the US, they'd get shot fifty times in cold blood for this sort of behavior.

Tehran both feels and is effectively safer than European cities like London or Paris, this much I can say from personal experience as well. Try taking a longer walk at night in the former two places, there's a considerable chance of stumbling upon gangs of thugs or some lone degenerate who will cause trouble one way or another. Whereas in Tehran, nothing ever happened to me at nighttime. And large cities in the US are reputed to be worse even than the mentioned European capitals.

They removing subsidies which cost the government tens of billions a dollars a year.

They are also limited the amount the “government sponsored currency exchange rate” can be used to import items needed for the economy. Which was widely abused by the elite in society and the bazaaris to make profit by importing cellphones and other non essential goods.

Too early to judge his admin, but expecting one President to change the inefficiencies of the Republic is wishful thinking. I think we all need to lower our expectations.
Removing subsidies is a really painful bandaid to remove, but it does need to happen. Never seen a successful government that burns billions a year on subsidies rather than re-invest into the economy. A proper government whose thinking long term would do this, but it needs to work quickly to alleviate the downside in the shortest possible time.

As someone who has actually lived in the US, I think comparing safety an security between Iran and the US is totally ignorant. Iran with all of its problems is infinitley safer than the US. As soon as it gets dark, people do not come out of their homes for fear of violence in the US... you dont see kids playing in the streets when it gets dark in the US. People are genuienly scared of getting shot, or robbed at gun point.
People who think that only gun violence is a problem in the US, dont undrestand the US.... knife murdrs or other non gun related muders are also huge. Just read the news on mass shootings.... for every one killed, there is usually 5 wounded...

Please stop coming up with silly comparisons of safety between the two countries if you do not have experiance living in both countries... the statistics do not even begine to tell the who story.
Indeed some parts of the US are insanely dangerous, and acts like a 3rd world country. Safer in Herat than in some places. Having travel to Paris, I have to saw how disgusted I was with the city and how French people have allowed their country to decent into decay. Frankly, turned me right-wing politically overnight.

There really isn't anything funny about his post outside of the "Ukraine has no real military". Clearly there is a working Ukrainian command structure that is being actively fed Western provided intelligence from the utmost advanced ISR assets known to man. Sole reason why Ukrainian resistance has been so staunch and lethal. --

IRGC AEROSPACE MISSILE FORCE'S, missile centric doctrine has achieved the capability to obliterate critical strategic and tactical wartime objectives en-masse decisively early in a conflict. Leaving other Iranian (IRGC/Artesh) armed forces to conduct clean up operations on any enemy assets remaining. It's what comes after that initial wave of attacks that's up for scrutiny as many of Iran's forces are still at a subpar level compared to contemporaries in the region and globally but given the right command and combined arms initiative. They can still be quite-affective in the theatre.

PGM (total inventory across multiple weapon types) is well in the high-thousands with countless more being added year-on-end. We might see 10,000+ PGM count for Iran coming this decade or the next with the significant bulk being hard to counter Ballistic Missiles with ever increasing ANTI-BM capabilities.

Nothing against you F-22Raptor, but the current year is 2022 and Iran is only moving from success-to-success (yes there are set-backs but overall projection is positive). Another 8 years (2030) and Iran's offensive/defensive capabilities will be utterly overwhelming, even more than they are now.
I think a very important element that is overlooked is forward thinking and proactive approach to crises in the region. With Russia, over the last 20 years has allowed NATO to expand to its borders and now threaten its core vis a vi Ukraine. Iran on the other hand, in contrast as intervened practically everywhere it deems necessary in order to push the fight away from its borders, hence a conflict like Rus-Ukr would totally be avoided. This pro-active approach has allowed for regional success of course at the cost of the economy. Had this approach not been taken, we would have likely seen a direct US attack on Iran through Iraqi territory.

Last edited:
Tell that to hundreds of thousands of Iranians, if not millions, who do not give a #hit if mullahs get murdered or not. We would be sad of course if it was a high ranking general, or some brilliant scientist but someone that has not worked a single day in his life and is useless for the society his absence is not so important for the average Iranian. But of course there will be some ultra religious folks who will weep. Who cares.

Btw,you should ''care'' more for critical national infrastructure when it is being targeted by the enemy than some lowlife mullah getting killed.
You don't get it these sort of things only lead to situation like Iraq in 2006

They removing subsidies which cost the government tens of billions a dollars a year.

They are also limited the amount the “government sponsored currency exchange rate” can be used to import items needed for the economy. Which was widely abused by the elite in society and the bazaaris to make profit by importing cellphones and other non essential goods.

Too early to judge his admin, but expecting one President to change the inefficiencies of the Republic is wishful thinking. I think we all need to lower our expectations.
Wonder why it was never too early to judge Roohani

Wonder why it was never too early to judge Roohani

Absolutely. Ordinary citizens above reproach are scared to death from police in the US for God's sake, let alone from criminals! In Iran, they argue with cops, disobey injunctions and shout at officers. In the US, they'd get shot fifty times in cold blood for this sort of behavior.

Tehran both feels and is effectively safer than European cities like London or Paris, this much I can say from personal experience as well. Try taking a longer walk at night in the former two places, there's a considerable chance of stumbling upon gangs of thugs or some lone degenerate who will cause trouble one way or another. Whereas in Tehran, nothing ever happened to me at nighttime. And large cities in the US are reputed to be worse even than the mentioned European capitals.
Try to walk at night in some district of Tehran at night .

Removing subsidies is a really painful bandaid to remove, but it does need to happen. Never seen a successful government that burns billions a year on subsidies rather than re-invest into the economy. A proper government whose thinking long term would do this, but it needs to work quickly to alleviate the downside in the shortest possible time.
What remove you are talking about ,they are just shuffling around them around

some parts of the US are insanely dangerous, and acts like a 3rd world country. Safer in Herat than in some places. Having travel to Paris, I have to saw how disgusted I was with the city and how French people have allowed their country to decent into decay. Frankly, turned me right-wing politically overnight.
As I said you guys yet to experience Tehran at it's full glory.

Last edited:

Indeed some parts of the US are insanely dangerous, and acts like a 3rd world country. Safer in Herat than in some places. Having travel to Paris, I have to saw how disgusted I was with the city and how French people have allowed their country to decent into decay. Frankly, turned me right-wing politically overnight.

I think a very important element that is overlooked is forward thinking and proactive approach to crises in the region. With Russia, over the last 20 years has allowed NATO to expand to its borders and now threaten its core vis a vi Ukraine. Iran on the other hand, in contrast as intervened practically everywhere it deems necessary in order to push the fight away from its borders, hence a conflict like Rus-Ukr would totally be avoided. This pro-active approach has allowed for regional success of course at the cost of the economy. Had this approach not been taken, we would have likely seen a direct US attack on Iran through Iraqi territory.
That's why Israel has bases in Iraq and Azerbaijan and probably very soon in PGCC countries ?

Well
He is posting Hunter Biden conspiracy theories. He is not a normal guy.

Rhymes with antiVaxers, anti maskers, and proud boys and other terror entities.

Try to walk at night in some district of Tehran at night .

What remove you are talking about ,they are just shuffling around them around

As I said you guys yet to experience Tehran at it's full glory.

I walk in Tehran at night just to relax. What about it?

If I only I could like a post most than once..... As a native born American (son of two Iranian immigrants) your post hits really close to home lol.

Absolutely correct Stryker!

Iran's proactive policy within the region has taken the fight to the enemy and has kept mainland Iran relatively safe. Iranian strategic decision making in this regard has chosen the correct path given the context/circumstances. Unfortunately the Russian Federation never really possessed this sort of initiative after the dissolution of the Soviet Union and subsequent sacking of the nation by American vultures under Yeltsin. Putin is a glimmer of Russian stability and return to form amongst a historic sea of disarray.

(I can't believe I'm saying this) but if push comes to shove, I sincerely think Iranians along with China need to provide the Russian Federation with any help it requires if the situation gets bad enough. The world balance cannot afford to see Russia being once again relegated to some woefully floundering regional power ruled by corrupt oligarchs taking orders from Washington. Although the Russians haven't been the best "allies". We need to be thinking 10, 20, 30 or more years into the future here. If Russia falls, they'll refocus their efforts on Iran, then China. So naturally it's imperative for Iranian security that Russia remains stable and powerful for the foreseeable future. Hopefully current leaders within the Russian Federation have seen the worth of Iran and are willing to "scratch their backs" so to say, in the form of 4+ generation aircraft and AWACS but that's still a somewhat dubious hope. Don't know what the future holds but I hope things will turn out for the best.

Back to the subject at hand though.-- I.R.I has powerful buffers between it and its aggressors which has granted the nation resounding safety from any American plans to launch kinetic strikes into mainland Iran. Retaliatory measures available to Iran in 2022 will be devastating to any American asset/ally in the region. One cannot even begin to fathom the level of destruction Iranian armed forces can wreak upon the region within literal minutes...

Last edited:
I walk in Tehran at night just to relax. What about it?
The question is where in Tehran . Are you willing to walk for example around shush or south of molavi after 10pm for relaxation ?

Last edited:
The question is where in Tehran . Are you willing to walk for example around shush or south of molavi after 10pm for relaxation ?

Bache joooon..... you try walking middle class or even rich areas of New York and London at night and then come talk..... you DO NOT UNDESTAND violence, until you have lived in the UK and US.
Iranians are bombarded with BS every day, and they can not distiguish BS from truth......

My own mother was thinking India is better off than Iran.... until she saw a real life video of Indian streets......
My own father is an economst, and was saying that New Zealand don´t have corruption and Banks don´t charge interest!!!!

Talking to brain washed people in Iran feels like I am talking to brain dead children......I feel like pulling my hair out....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom