What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

So, i learned a new word, it is "Takiye"

It comes from Iranian culture and it means lying. There is no other nation other than Iran that made lying a part of their culture.

Maybe that's why the whole world is treating iranian nation as a bunch of terrorists.
It is in Quran ...

So apparently Burger King is staying open in Russia. They would have had to shut down 800 stores and allegedly Russian investors have a 50% stake and an iron clad contract. In response to McDonalds leaving Russia, knockoff McDonalds have begun to pop up all over the country. The Russian government is now seizing the assets of companies that leave abruptly and even threatening to nationalize them or sell off stakes to Russian investors.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't this a loss for US based businesses when all is said and done ? I mean Russia is not exactly a tiny market and at the end of the day many of these businesses will keep on providing the same products and services but perhaps under different names. The only exception will be that American corporations won't be getting a piece of the pie.

I mean is it the end of the world if McDonalds or Starbucks leaves Russia ? Will Russians die without these brands ? Let's suppose that instead of Burger King its called Burger Boss or instead of Starbucks independent coffee shops pop up.

Are Russians incapable of making coffee, burgers or pizza ? Yes I understand there's a novelty aspect to it and brand recognition is a thing. There are those who literally worship western brands but it's all superficial and shallow in the end isn't it ?

So, i learned a new word, it is "Takiye"

It comes from Iranian culture and it means lying. There is no other nation other than Iran that made lying a part of their culture.

Maybe that's why the whole world is treating iranian nation as a bunch of terrorists.
U can ask Edrogan, Last day he was warnning Israel (Okayyy!!!), today he is hosting Israel, which one we should evaluate...

So apparently Burger King is staying open in Russia. They would have had to shut down 800 stores and allegedly Russian investors have a 50% stake and an iron clad contract. In response to McDonalds leaving Russia, knockoff McDonalds have begun to pop up all over the country. The Russian government is now seizing the assets of companies that leave abruptly and even threatening to nationalize them or sell off stakes to Russian investors.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't this a loss for US based businesses when all is said and done ? I mean Russia is not exactly a tiny market and at the end of the day many of these businesses will keep on providing the same products and services but perhaps under different names. The only exception will be that American corporations won't be getting a piece of the pie.

I mean is it the end of the world if McDonalds or Starbucks leaves Russia ? Will Russians die without these brands ? Let's suppose that instead of Burger King its called Burger Boss or instead of Starbucks independent coffee shops pop up.

Are Russians incapable of making coffee, burgers or pizza ? Yes I understand there's a novelty aspect to it and brand recognition is a thing. There are those who literally worship western brands but it's all superficial and shallow in the end isn't it ?

If McDonald’s and Starbucks were easy to be replaced then they wouldn’t have become companies worth the GDP of some industrialized nations, now would they?

I think I read somewhere McDonalds would lose $50M a month from abandoning Russia not a small sum, but when the country’s banks are sanctioned and you could be hit with sanctions transacting in dollars (or euros) then is it worth the headache alongside the toxic reputation of “supporting Putin’s war crimes” that the west propaganda machine is preaching? No it’s not worth it....better to cut and leave.

Corporate Business 101

If McDonald’s and Starbucks were easy to be replaced then they wouldn’t have become companies worth the GDP of some industrialized nations, now would they?

I think I read somewhere McDonalds would lose $50M a month from abandoning Russia not a small sum, but when the country’s banks are sanctioned and you could be hit with sanctions transacting in dollars (or euros) then is it worth the headache alongside the toxic reputation of “supporting Putin’s war crimes” that the west propaganda machine is preaching? No it’s not worth it....better to cut and leave.

Corporate Business 101
To add to that, of course Russia will survive without McDonalds, it's a nice service for fast food, but it is not essential.

Russians believe greed will cause these companies to come back after things settles down, but I suppose it depends on how aggressively Russia threatens to seize assets as that might scare them off from ever coming back.

I think Putin crossed the Rubicon here, and they will not be confident about returning even if the profits are substantial.
McDonalds and Starbucks can make alot of money in Iran, but we don't see the Global American Empire allowing their corporations into Iran.
Boeing stood at making billions selling airliners to Iran and that got cancelled. Sometimes it's beyond money as you say than having to deal with the hassle..

Honestly they are easy to replace. It's just brand recognition and brand worship by some sheeple. Like I said it's a novelty but it also degrades and replaces unique cultural traits with bland uniformity.

In some countries, every corner has a different family run establishment with a unique feel, reputation, flavor. Then you have McDonalds in the west at every corner. Just another carbon copy of another copy of another copy.

In some countries, McDonalds even failed because people rejected it or it simply couldn't compete with local fast food varieties. I mean honestly something like McDonalds isn't even good food. It's trash. I honestly think Russia will be better off without it.

Corporate Business 101

Well McDonalds has or had 850 locations in Russia. Their profit margins have already been slashed for this year over this abrupt departure. Those locations were for the most part established and generating profit.

That's a tremendous blow since you can't just pull the plug just like that. They have contracts, leases, inventory, employee benefits they are now responsible for. Actually some key locations and others owned by franchise owners are still staying open. In the case of Burger King all the locations are staying open.

I mean legally these corporations are pretty much screwed since I doubt the investors or franchise owners have violated any part of the contract. What's funny is that some McDonalds locations have already been replaced by Russian knock off restaurants. There's even an entire franchise that popped up with a similar logo, the same food, same packaging, same display, pretty much everything identical. It's funny, that's just how capitalism works I guess.

To add to that, of course Russia will survive without McDonalds, it's a nice service for fast food, but it is not essential.

Russians believe greed will cause these companies to come back after things settles down, but I suppose it depends on how aggressively Russia threatens to seize assets as that might scare them off from ever coming back.

I think Putin crossed the Rubicon here, and they will not be confident about returning even if the profits are substantial.
McDonalds and Starbucks can make alot of money in Iran, but we don't see the Global American Empire allowing their corporations into Iran.
Boeing stood at making billions selling airliners to Iran and that got cancelled. Sometimes it's beyond money as you say than having to deal with the hassle..

Well McDonalds has or had 850 locations in Russia. Their profit margins have already been slashed for this year over this abrupt departure. Those locations were for the most part established and generating profit.

That's a tremendous blow since you can't just pull the plug just like that. They have contracts, leases, inventory, employee benefits they are now responsible for. Actually some key locations and others owned by franchise owners are still staying open. In the case of Burger King all the locations are staying open.

I mean legally these corporations are pretty much screwed since I doubt the investors or franchise owners have violated any part of the contract. What's funny is that some McDonalds locations have already been replaced by Russian knock off restaurants. There's even an entire franchise that popped up with a similar logo, the same food, same packaging, same display, pretty much everything identical. It's funny, that's just how capitalism works I guess.

They shot themselves in the foot by leaving..Same thing happened in Iran with KFC, pizza Hut etc stores..they made a younger looking Col sanders photo and some new name variation.... Pizza Hut became Pizza Hat....lol
1647784952924.png

1647785039438.png

Looks like the Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia was more extensive and successful than originally thought. They used a combination of suicide drones, cruise and ballistic missiles in 2 phases. The targets included al-Shuqaiq water desalination plant, an oil facility of Aramco in Jizan, Dhahran power plant, Khamis Mushait gas facility and Armaco’s gas liquidation factory in Yanbu

Honestly they are easy to replace. It's just brand recognition and brand worship by some sheeple. Like I said it's a novelty but it also degrades and replaces unique cultural traits with bland uniformity.

In some countries, every corner has a different family run establishment with a unique feel, reputation, flavor. Then you have McDonalds in the west at every corner. Just another carbon copy of another copy of another copy.

In some countries, McDonalds even failed because people rejected it or it simply couldn't compete with local fast food varieties. I mean honestly something like McDonalds isn't even good food. It's trash. I honestly think Russia will be better off without it.
They shot themselves in the foot by leaving..Same thing happened in Iran with KFC, pizza Hut etc stores..they made a younger looking Col sanders photo and some new name variation.... Pizza Hut became Pizza Hat....lol
View attachment 825749

View attachment 825750
Correct. You’re arguments exceed simplistic ‘Corporate Business 101’.

Back
Top Bottom