What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Ah so qanaut system wasn't the sole source of water for the ancient civilization, that's what I thought, it's hard to sustain a proper civilization on ground water alone

there were multiple small rivers that helped Mix of both,

it's a blessing in some ways most of the river centric civilizations nowadays are very overpopulated- India, China

Iraq and Egypt is a little different cause I don't think they have a lot of tributary rivers, that means fertile land isn't as widespread as maybe the other big countries like India, China
Even Pak 100-159 years ago wasn't the most populace place despite a major river system- because outside some areas next to actual rivers land was arid, but than canal systems were built, migrations from rest of Indus, population growth- grandmother's with upwards of 7 kids

there's something about fertile lands that makes people go nuts with baby making....

Enough water to sustain civilization like Iran is a blessing but not enough to cause a population explosion like in China or India

You need to factor into these calculations that Iran lost half its population in a genocide at the hands of the British imperial regime during WW I (10 million people mass murdered in just a few years through deliberately induced famine, the population falling from about 20 to 10 million). So if this hadn't occurred, today Iran would probably have had some 160-170 million inhabitants.

41JZnvUdv0L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

@Sainthood 101

Last edited:
You need to factor into these calculations that Iran lost half its population in a genocide at the hands of the British imperial regime during WW I (10 million people mass murdered in just a few years through deliberately induced famine, the population falling from about 20 to 10 million). So if this hadn't occurred, today Iran would probably have had some 160-170 million inhabitants.

@Sainthood 101
well British built the canals for us which led to the population we see today- brought water to the arid land
but for Iran in WW1 they played a tragic role that I don't think we hear much in history- like the Armenian genocide (turks get offended with the genocide wording but I don't know who is right or wrong)

Victors write history and for last 300 years Anglos are winning everywhere- their history becomes mainstream history, unfortunately

y'all should talk more about it- this is the first time I am hearing about this atrocity

Ah so qanaut system wasn't the sole source of water for the ancient civilization, that's what I thought, it's hard to sustain a proper civilization on ground water alone
Well considering some of these qanats were several hundred kilometer long.

@Sainthood 101
You must consider after such incidents people tends to have more babies . My guess is that the population would have been more but something between your estimation and current population

By the way that incident is not only British made but there were traitors in Iran who helped it . The ones who sold what Iranian needed to the British army for more profit.

Last edited:
You must consider after such incidents people tends to have more babies . My guess is that the population would have been more but something between your estimation and current population

I'm not certain in this case. Since all the available (non-Iranian) sources are systematically denying the genocide and its impact on Iran's population numbers, it's not easy to find out how strong population growth used to be in the decades preceding the event. After 1919 however, population didn't grow that fast in fact, not until the early 1950's when it really began to take off at sustained paces. It wouldn't surprise me if between the late 19th century and 1917, the growth was comparable to the 1920-1950 period.

In any case, all things being equal of course, Iran's population today would have been above 100 million by a wide margin, and I would say well over 120 million.

By the way that incident is not only British made but there were traitors in Iran who helped it . The ones who sold what Iranian needed to the British army for more profit.

There are always traitors, indeed a crime of this magnitude wouldn't be feasible without local collaborators. But the first culprit is and remains the British empire, it was its plan and design.

Last edited:
What a joke the US has become.

Charging two kids for influencing their presidential election!

Super power or super f@cker?!

3316271.jpg
Remarkable that Iran is growing despite being under harsh Sanctions. You wonder where Iran would be without sanctions. This proves that Iran is selling all the oil they want.

World's nominal GDP for 2021 as per statistics times.com

(I know this will start a fire storm..lol)..

Iran overtakes Saudi Arabia and Turkey as the world's NO 17 :

Iran: $ 1,081 billion dollars

Saudi: $842 billion

Turkey: $796

Charging two kids for influencing their presidential election!

Super power or super f@cker?!

3316271.jpg
didn't last year one of the candidate to a local election there claimed a 14 years old girl online campaign againsthim cost him the election

Well so much for Turkey 🦃.

I was saying how Erdogan's policies of enforcing a low interest rate would be disastrous. Here you go.

Screenshot_20211119_185303_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

shirin ebadi is a vile insect who should be drowned in sewage asap!
its face and voice are truly nauseating, never mind the evil excrement pouring out of her toilet mouth! YUCK!!!
Va'aghan yek faehesheh zesht sirat, zesht soorat, zesht rooie keh didanesh baraayeh insaan kafaareh miyaareh.

@QWECXZ ..yek rooz bad az inkeh GDP ro gozashtam in taraf amad ke asarsh ra khrab bekoneh..lol
فشار میاد بهشون دیگه. دست خودشون نیست، فشار روشون بالاست
سال ۲۰۱۸ می‌گفتن اگه اروپا با تحریم‌های ترامپ همراهی کنی ایران ۳ ماهه از هم می‌پاشه
الان کار به جایی رسیده که منت ایران رو می‌کشن بیا مذاکره کنه

تازه من که معتقدم پشت پرده یه توافق محرمانه‌ای هم با همون شرایطی که گفتم شده

الان دوباره ابتکار عمل دست ایران هست​

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom