What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

The reason why borrowing money to grow your economy really matters, as in the case of Turkey, is that when your local currency depreciates, you still have to repay the debt in a hard currency.... and as in the case of Turkey, most of their revenues dried up, you still have to pay back in dollars. Your investments go bankrupt, but the dollar debts remain...... thus why you can pretend to have a massive GDP, but at the end of the day, you really only have debts to show for it, with BS GDP data to show for all your crushing debts. Fake GDP figures don´t pay back real debts, as countries like Turkey have learnt the hard way.

Again this is fallacy thinking.

Turkish Lira was 2 to 1 as far back 2013 when I went. The recent downturn in Turkish economy has many factors least of which is too much foreign investment tied to dollar loans (or Euro). It is mostly tied with the Great Recession of 07 and the Islamification of the country as Erdogan started butting heads with his Western masters leading to various sanctions. As well as a brief bout with Russia over Syria and its killing of Russian fighter pilot.

As someone who has traveled to Turkey since I was a child, I can tell you in Iran there used to be a famous saying. That conditions in Turkey were so 30-40 years ago that someone would break into your car for a pack of cigarettes.

So Turkey managed to extremely grow its country in line with what the GDP is saying. Turkey’s industrial output, economic output, tourism all have exploded in last 20-25 years. That is consistent with what GDP is saying.

So calling GDP BS numbers is fanboy thinking trying to saying Rah Rah Iran when reality is a country with very little natural resources (Turkey) is quite far ahead in many areas compared to Iran. Ignoring GDP numbers, one merely needs to look at Turkish economy in 1990 vs 2000 vs 2010 vs 2020 to see the dramatic growth that had occurred over these spans. Growth is never forever and will slow down that is normal.

Iran should on its natural resources along (energy + minerals) be much bigger than Turkish economy. Let alone when you factor in its overall economy.

Again this is fallacy thinking.

Turkish Lira was 2 to 1 as far back 2013 when I went. The recent downturn in Turkish economy has many factors least of which is too much foreign investment tied to dollar loans (or Euro). It is mostly tied with the Great Recession of 07 and the Islamification of the country as Erdogan started butting heads with his Western masters leading to various sanctions. As well as a brief bout with Russia over Syria and its killing of Russian fighter pilot.

As someone who has traveled to Turkey since I was a child, I can tell you in Iran there used to be a famous saying. That conditions in Turkey were so 30-40 years ago that someone would break into your car for a pack of cigarettes.

So Turkey managed to extremely grow its country in line with what the GDP is saying. Turkey’s industrial output, economic output, tourism all have exploded in last 20-25 years. That is consistent with what GDP is saying.

So calling GDP BS numbers is fanboy thinking trying to saying Rah Rah Iran when reality is a country with very little natural resources (Turkey) is quite far ahead in many areas compared to Iran. Ignoring GDP numbers, one merely needs to look at Turkish economy in 1990 vs 2000 vs 2010 vs 2020 to see the dramatic growth that had occurred over these spans. Growth is never forever and will slow down that is normal.

Iran should on its natural resources along (energy + minerals) be much bigger than Turkish economy. Let alone when you factor in its overall economy.

He is correct in the sense that because the Lira is depreciating, they have to pay more interest on their debt leading to a vicious cycle, but regardless Turkey has grown financially/economically with competitive industry in European markets, where is Iran?

Iran should be far ahead of Turkey economically just on the virtue of massive reserves of natural resources. Yet we are far behind.

Last edited:
In late 1977 after graduation I drove through Turkey on my way from Canada to Germany via air and from Germany to Iran via road driving a brand new Camaro to report for military draft (during the shah to encourage foreign graduates to come back to Iran you could bring a foreign car into Iran and pay no import duty and basically collect the difference by selling your car!)..

I stayed two weeks in Turkey ..I was shocked at the level of chaos (and I mean chaos) and poverty..(remember in 70's Turkish GDP was half of Iran GDP)...I will not write of my observations (not here to bad mouth any country) but let me tell you when I finally arrived at the Iranian Bazargan border I almost kissed the ground and realized what Iran has compared to others.....Iranians have it good but they always complain..
Turks have done wonderful job at changing the country.. I can say just by looking at photos...Iran has had a temporary setback due to revolution and war and Rohanni, but now Iran is back on track..here is what I say and I know what I am talking about:
Economically speaking and as a country potential:
  • Turkey is a 4 cylinder engine running on all 4 (until recently)
  • Iran is a 6 cylinder engine running on 2....(past 42 years)
Lets hope Raisi can do a tune up and get iran back to running on all 6....in a short time Iran will be back to old GDP ratio of double Turkey....We are close..we just need a bit of more time.:cheers:

Last edited:

The Biden administration faces the sobering reality that returning to the Iran nuclear deal may no longer be feasible, as the Islamic Republic finds ways to cope with U.S. sanctions and races toward the capacity to build a bomb.

خیلی مهمه

دارن برای اولین بار مقاله نیاز به برجام چاپ میکنن که جو مردمشون اماده بشه​

Please do not compare Iran with Turkey. Iran is on the verge to control more than half of the worlds energy reserves which is placed in a hub connecting three major continents. Do you understand the sheer implications of that? That is why Iran cannot trust the west, Russia or China because nobody wants that!

Turkey is a player in the current world order. Iran is constructing its own game and refuses to obey by anybody’s rules.
What Iran has done until now will give most results decades from now and will continue to do so for centuries.

Please do not compare Iran with Turkey. Iran is on the verge to control more than half of the worlds energy reserves which is placed in a hub connecting three major continents. Do you understand the sheer implications of that? That is why Iran cannot trust the west, Russia or China because nobody wants that!

Turkey is a player in the current world order. Iran is constructing its own game and refuses to obey by anybody’s rules.
What Iran has done until now will give most results decades from now and will continue to do so for centuries.
No disagreement there.

There is a price to have your own order and Iran is happily paying the dearly price.

Like any other investment, patience is needed and to believe in your strategy.

دوستان چن روز تا اومدن رییسی مونده

در این وخامت بورس چین و کندی بورس نیویورک سبدهای بورس ایران تون رو ببندید

رییسی نامزد بی ایرادی برای من و بعضی از شماها نیست

اما من اینده رو هم در کوتاه مدت و هم میان مدت مثبت میبینم​

Speaking of investment and Raisi as I mentioned the future is bright.

These are the changes since my comment three weeks ago:

Plus 5.2% in Iranian stock market.
Plus 0.7% in NY stock exchange
Negative in the Chinese market

Raisi effect!

Last edited:
Turkey has grown financially/economically with competitive industry in European markets, where is Iran?

This is the result of a political decision, not a consequence of economic management.

Either you choose - like post-Revolution Iran - to be one of the most independent countries in the world and to staunchly defend this hard earned independence, in which case the EU will not strike any significant economic partnership and investment deals with you, or you opt for the path taken by Turkey and so many others, at the expense of your actual degree of self-determination.

Iran should be far ahead of Turkey economically just on the virtue of massive reserves of natural resources. Yet we are far behind.

In fact, oil / gas are not an opportunity for development but a hindrance. All things being equal, the country which lacks these resources and / or does not export them, will be ahead in terms of economic development compared to the one endowed with these same natural assets.

Considering this, the impressive pace of industrialization experienced by the Iranian economy under the Islamic Republic, is yet another wondrous achievement.

Last edited:
E8GNxqnVkAIRCCV

E8GNxqoVoAAon0K

A warm meeting with President Ebrahim Raisi after his assumption of office. Conveyed the personal greetings of PM @narendramodi . His commitment to strengthening our bilateral relationship was manifest. So too was the convergence in our regional interests.

Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Russia will hold the last drops of the highest energy per gram liquid gold which everything humans have done since 19th century depends on.

Look at the way US approaches this issue in the past and now. Everyone especially with ambition will need to address this issue. China wants to have good relations with all these players and secure access then trade for it. US wants to control and own it and will use terrorism, war and real threats to secure access. Soon India will require so much energy just like China does. This problem always brings war and suffering to some.

@Beast @925boy
You both are making wrong points. India doesn't have naval base in Iran to begin with. China doesn't have any base in Pakistan either, since it will compromise Pakistan-USA relationships. Pakistani leadership won't sacrifice everything for sake of one country.

As far as Iranian national interest is concerned, we don't give a shit about what others think or want. One day, economy, the other day nuclear program was on top priority of the country.

@Beast @925boy
You both are making wrong points. India doesn't have naval base in Iran to begin with. China doesn't have any base in Pakistan either, since it will compromise Pakistan-USA relationships. Pakistani leadership won't sacrifice everything for sake of one country.

As far as Iranian national interest is concerned, we don't give a shit about what others think or want. One day, economy, the other day nuclear program was on top priority of the country.

Both are out of thread.
Secondly, do not mistake Pakistan sovereignty with US or China relations same as like you are explaining for Iran.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom