What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I used to have a Lebanese Medical School Student friend in Mashhad, Iran. He in his 7th year in Iran, still used to complain a lot about numerous expressions Iranians use in their language... He also highlighted the headache to learn all the new words and expressions getting created every once in a while by Persian speakers...

My experience with those few friends of mine who learnt Persian:

Ukrainian (4 years in Kiev and 2 years in Iran to get master of Persian lit): The overall structure and tone is so close to other Indo-European langs but it is always hard to pronounce words in its standard Tehrani accent. Complains about why Standard Literature Persian is not used in daily conversations (maybe because they learnt Persian through literrature first!)

Lebanese (Medical Doctor from Iran, Married to an Isfahani girl and stays there for ever): Have eternal accent problem but only complain about multi-purpose words and expressions where a single word or set of words can be used in numerious different situations and mean something new

Syrian (Mechanical Engineer and a Sunni): The accent is much better than Lebanese but still have problem pronouncing letters as it is in Persian and not Arabic... Complains about Arabic loaned words used in Persian as most of them means something different than those of in Arabic original form

French (Studied 5 years in Iran, Agriculture Machinery Engineer): Easy to learn but still pronunciation is a headache to them
Australian (Living in Iran for decades): It is one of the hardest langs to learn for him...

Is the same problem in Arabic. Official textbook arabic is so different than spoken Arabic. And each arabic country has its own variation.

But @Full Moon , you have to love the country to be able to learn the language. How can you learn farsi when you hate Iran so much?

How easy is it for a native Arabic speaker like me to learn Farsi? I love languages, and learning English wasn't that complicated for me. If I learn a bit of Farsi, I will just target it towards reading as I want to understand Persians better. You know nothing about a nation, unless you know its language. Otherwise, it is just attempts to know and learn about them.
Maybe you should ezdiwajj ازدواج one of the farsiyatt because they are hilwat so you can learn the language fast and heal from your tazi farsi empire obsession
image.jpg

Maybe you should ezdiwajj ازدواج one of the farsiyatt because they are hilwat so you can learn the language fast and heal from your tazi farsi empire obsession View attachment 291078
I hope not...

BTW I will never marry with an arab girl. Lebanese and Syrian girls are excluded. Moreover Egyptian, yememi and Iraq girls are cool but not planning to marry them.

I hate Saudis to death

I hope not...

BTW I will never marry with an arab girl. Lebanese and Syrian girls are excluded. Moreover Egyptian, yememi and Iraq girls are cool but not planning to marry them.

I hate Saudis to death
I was talking to him about marrying irani girls so it can heal his obsession and learn the language

Your comment is childish many arabs say the same about you hate will not solve anything but will make more problems

Is the same problem in Arabic. Official textbook arabic is so different than spoken Arabic. And each arabic country has its own variation.

But @Full Moon , you have to love the country to be able to learn the language. How can you learn farsi when you hate Iran so much?

I don't think that loving Iran is a prerequisite for learning the Farsi language (assuming that I get ever serious about it, which is highly unlikely). I asked dear @Serpentine because I have always felt that learning Farsi may not be that complicated for a native Arabic speaker. I love languages, and various Arabic accents. I like imitating Iraqi and Egyptian accent when I get sarcastic, and Lebanese when I want to sound too silly. My "default accent", however, is a Najdi accent I got from my parents (arguably the most prominent accent in KSA).

Plus, there is a lot to respect and love about Iran. But, I am not a qualified person to be a fan of Persia, or Persians. Everything I have seen or read in my life tells me that I must remain, at best, skeptical. I am firmly convinced that after jews, no other people are against my own people as much as Persians. Hence, the endless skepticism.

I don't think that loving Iran is a prerequisite for learning the Farsi language (assuming that I get ever serious about it, which is highly unlikely). I asked dear @Serpentine because I have always felt that learning Farsi may not be that complicated for a native Arabic speaker. I love languages, and various Arabic accents. I like imitating Iraqi and Egyptian accent when I get sarcastic, and Lebanese when I want to sound too silly. My "default accent", however, is a Najdi accent I got from my parents (arguably the most prominent accent in KSA).

Plus, there is a lot to respect and love about Iran. But, I am not a qualified person to be a fan of Persia, or Persians. Everything I have seen or read in my life tells me that I must remain, at best, skeptical. I am firmly convinced that after jews, no other people are against my own people as much as Persians. Hence, the endless skepticism.
Shut up .

i throw you 100$ if you shut up already .

Persian , Jew , Arab , Pakistani blah blah . shut up . the world is moving on from these kinda discussions .

shut the F up already

I thought Jews are your allies against Persians. :what:

I thought Jews are your allies against Persians. :what:

Not really dude. Jews and us are another story all together. In my humble observation, however, Persians never strike me as anti-jews, or anti-Israel (I mean the people here not the regime's official ideology). Hence, among all jewish minorities in the middle east, jews had to flee, except Persian jews. They still seem to be comfortable, even after 37 years of that enghelab.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom