What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

This fungus type i have posted infects the brain of animals and takes control over them for a certain time, i asked because im interested in the subject, its the closest thing coming to zombies.
I discovered this weird fungus because its the main inspiration for my favourite game and the fish you posted looked like one of those infested ants in wiki.

That fungus only infects ants. And by comparison, the fungus does not cause the ant to become violent, attacking others.

The closest thing which comes to zombies in mammals is rabies which also infects humans. It also is one of the handful of diseases which have a 100% mortality. In animals such as wolf and dog, it truly makes them vicious and causes them to attack others, biting them and thus infecting new hosts with the virus. There is no cure. But the rabies vaccine (if correctly used within critical time frame), imparts 100% immunity against the infection.

The closest thing which comes to zombies in mammals is rabies which also infects humans. It also is one of the handful of diseases which have a 100% mortality. In animals such as wolf and dog, it truly makes them vicious and causes them to attack others, biting them and thus infecting new hosts with the virus. There is no cure. But the rabies vaccine (if correctly used within critical time frame), imparts 100% immunity against the infection.
Your right but what fascinates me about the fungus is the fact that it can take the control over the body of the ant, thats a unique form of a parasite.

Your right but what fascinates me about the fungus is the fact that it can take the control over the body of the ant, thats a unique form of a parasite.

Yes, that is indeed fascinating. In a violent way, the rabies virus does the same. The infected animal gets the urge and goes on biting others, transferring the virus to new hosts.

Usually attacks are against the opposite sex , i mean it really brings up the animal side of the humans :D

actually , only 3 people have survived rabies in the history .

3 of which had previously received "partial" prophylaxis .

Well, if you have had vaccine and still some immunity was imparted then, the situation is different and there might be some chance of survival. The vaccine usually remains effective for 7-10 years and even beyond that some individuals might retain some immunity for a bit longer. Nowadays post-exposure vaccines is usually accompanied with administration of Ig as well.

There was also the case of this Canadian girl who had no immunity and was suspected of having developed rabies. She was put in a deep medically induced coma and she recovered. But almost all experts believe the case was not a regular rabies since there is no chance of recovery with rabies. It is theorized that she had an infection by a similar less virulent virus. It is very difficult to test for rabies since the definitive test requires the study of the brain. That is why the definitive diagnosis is done after the death when forensic study of brain is undertaken (similar to animals, which are first killed and their brains studied). The normal procedure is, if a mammal has bitten a human, the animal is killed and its brain is sent for study in order to determine whether the person is at risk or not.

But even with this, I think the vaccination and Ig should be administered regardless, specially if the bite is on the head and neck region, since once symptoms develop then there is no chance whatsoever of survival. 100% mortality is guaranteed by this infection. And the death itself, is quite violent and painful.

Last edited:
is there an iranian yellow pages which provides information about companies in Tahran and other big cities?

My grilled "turkeys" are like this:

brined-turkey.jpg

@haman10

dadash in topic ke baz kardi kheili davum nemiareha. be zudi baste khahad shod, neshanehash ro ham dari mibini. be nazaram makhsusan esme topic be gheir az tahrik kardan faideie digei nadare.

dar zemn diruz tuie kermanshah khodemun ham 5 ta koshte dadim, alan mishim failed state?

I already use it and have an account. first 3 months for just $0.99. It's awesome.

@haman10

dadash in topic ke baz kardi kheili davum nemiareha. be zudi baste khahad shod, neshanehash ro ham dari mibini. be nazaram makhsusan esme topic be gheir az tahrik kardan faideie digei nadare.

dar zemn diruz tuie kermanshah khodemun ham 5 ta koshte dadim, alan mishim failed state?

I already use it and have an account. first 3 months for just $0.99. It's awesome.
Sepi jan bezar ye ruz baz bashe.

Back
Top Bottom