What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Sorry ... won't happen again ... i changed my password !

image-84ddf4ee8ec0e4184baecdabd950a7e41c8817993544c366220e36179b797799-V.jpg

Is IRAN working with Pakistan for a possible Supply of OIL and Natural Gas to Pakistan. Also, to India via Pakistan?

As Turkeministan Oil and Gas should be supplied to China and Northern Areas of Pakistan.:pakistan:

Would you want the AKP to win the outright majority though? What are the odds of minority parties (I mean smaller, not ethnic) teaming up and sharing a voice? Setting aside differences temporarily, and focusing more on shared interests. I mean CHP and MHP must have some sort of shared interests? Perhaps against Erdogan's open support of KRG and such?

AKP terrorists will rule Turkiye for another decade. Erdogan was in the most difficult conditions in the previous elections, but his votes has only increased. Why? because he is a populistic islamist who has made the delusion that Ottoman glorious days are going to be repeated again, and mostly low-educated people buy this crap. In reality, he has flushed the value of Turkish Lira down the toilet, has made Turkey enemies with all neighbors, has made europeans to be suspicious about Turkey, created a debt-based economical bubble which is started to burst, ... Ottoman days were also only the era of backwardness for turkey, which hindered progress of whole Anatolian/Turkish civilization for centuries, and brought nothing but genocides, unending wars, unimaginable (financial/human lives) costs for Turkish people, extremism, ruining the reputation of Turks for good in modern world, ... As long as people don't educate themselves, these goons can always fool them and rule them for long times.

AKP terrorists will rule Turkiye for another decade. Erdogan was in the most difficult conditions in the previous elections, but his votes has only increased. Why? because he is a populistic islamist who has made the delusion that Ottoman glorious days are going to be repeated again, and mostly low-educated people buy this crap. In reality, he has flushed the value of Turkish Lira down the toilet, has made Turkey enemies with all neighbors, has made europeans to be suspicious about Turkey, created a debt-based economical bubble which is started to burst, ... Ottoman days were also only the era of backwardness for turkey, which hindered progress of whole Anatolian/Turkish civilization for centuries, and brought nothing but genocides, unending wars, unimaginable (financial/human lives) costs for Turkish people, extremism, ruining the reputation of Turks for good in modern world, ... As long as people don't educate themselves, these goons can always fool them and rule them for long times.

Wow. While I do agree on some points about Erdogan, can't stand him either, my family was always CHP, I have to disagree with the Ottomans though. They were a superpower for about 600 years. That's just too incredible and too good. Genocides happened back then, they've happened in all of history. That's not a Turkish/Turkic thing, and hasn't ruined Turkey's reputation. As for backward, well, one could argue Islam, as professed by many, IS backward. But then again I'd put Turkey at the forefront of progressive Islam. You can't even go to the most backward province in Turkey, and tell women they can't drive or run their own business. They won't have it. So no, Turkey was never Saudi Arabia, and perhaps that's the legacy of our border with Europe, and all their influence. That said of course, there is a big difference between koylu Turkler and Azeris for example, the latter of which are more pragmatic and secular (even though in Iran, many Azeris are quite religious, one could argue Shia islam is a lot more moderate and progressive). The one point where Turkey loses me, as in my support, is when it becomes Turanist or wants to take back it's Ottoman grandeur. Look at Germany, by far the biggest power in Europe, and yet they're very hush hush. Turkey should strive towards being very strong, united and wealty, with a highly enlightened population. Come to think of it, every nation should have that goal. So I agree with your Erdogan critisisms, I dislike him too, but the Ottoman history etc, I can't agree with. Things just happened back then. And even then we were way more progressive than the Arabs.

Wow. While I do agree on some points about Erdogan, can't stand him either, my family was always CHP, I have to disagree with the Ottomans though.
Honestly, I don't mind you disagreeing with me about Ottomans, since as far as I remember, you were partly from their roots if I remember correctly. Then, by any merits, I consider it as your right to defend Ottomans, although I'll disagree with you ;)
They were a superpower for about 600 years. That's just too incredible and too good. Genocides happened back then, they've happened in all of history. That's not a Turkish/Turkic thing, and hasn't ruined Turkey's reputation.
Being a superpower when being called sick man of Europe, and millions of people dying in wars, and mass killings?
Yes, it has done a huge damage. As a person living in Europe, you should know that Turks have no positive reputation there. Why is that? is it because of the immigrant Turks who have tried very hard to make an honorable living, or is it because of what has happened in your history?
As for backward, well, one could argue Islam, as professed by many, IS backward. But then again I'd put Turkey at the forefront of progressive Islam. You can't even go to the most backward province in Turkey, and tell women they can't drive or run their own business. They won't have it. So no, Turkey was never Saudi Arabia, and perhaps that's the legacy of our border with Europe, and all their influence.
Dear friend, Turkey is inheritor of Greek, Lydian, ... cultures. Turkey was/is no desert wasteland like Saudi Arabia. Then, comparing yourself with Saudis is like a normal person wants to compare himself with a mentally retard person, and says that "nice! I am very intelligent!"
That said of course, there is a big difference between koylu Turkler and Azeris for example, the latter of which are more pragmatic and secular (even though in Iran, many Azeris are quite religious, one could argue Shia islam is a lot more moderate and progressive).
That's right. The main difference of Shiism and Sunnism is rejecting the idea of religious Caliphate by shiism which normally makes them inherently secular. Also, Justice being added as one of Main "Osoul Al-din", has a big contribution.
The one point where Turkey loses me, as in my support, is when it becomes Turanist or wants to take back it's Ottoman grandeur. Look at Germany, by far the biggest power in Europe, and yet they're very hush hush. Turkey should strive towards being very strong, united and wealty, with a highly enlightened population. Come to think of it, every nation should have that goal.
That's exactly correct.

@rmi5 @New
Guess where I am right now? I'm at a CNRL Horizon Oil Sands camp that's less than 8 hours from 60th parallel! In the middle of summer there's 18 hours of sun here lool.

It's 9 pm almost and the sun is shining bright. It's kind of ridiculous tbh
Where is it on the map?

Honestly, I don't mind you disagreeing with me about Ottomans, since as far as I remember, you were partly from their roots if I remember correctly. Then, by any merits, I consider it as your right to defend Ottomans, although I'll disagree with you ;)

Being a superpower when being called sick man of Europe, and millions of people dying in wars, and mass killings?
Yes, it has done a huge damage. As a person living in Europe, you should know that Turks have no positive reputation there. Why is that? is it because of the immigrant Turks who have tried very hard to make an honorable living, or is it because of what has happened in your history?

Dear friend, Turkey is inheritor of Greek, Lydian, ... cultures. Turkey was/is no desert wasteland like Saudi Arabia. Then, comparing yourself with Saudis is like a normal person wants to compare himself with a mentally retard person, and says that "nice! I am very intelligent!"

That's right. The main difference of Shiism and Sunnism is rejecting the idea of religious Caliphate by shiism which normally makes them inherently secular. Also, Justice being added as one of Main "Osoul Al-din", has a big contribution.

That's exactly correct.

Well, the Ottomans were a sick man of Europe at the end only. Surely, every superpower comes down at some point, and mostly as a sick man (Soviets etc). As for my roots yes sure, I'm not a subjective person though, they did many wrong, but I wouldn't completely disagree with many things they did. Though I have your roots as well, be it through marriage or that nice Safavi empire you created:P PS: the safavis weren't the most violent-free people either:P.

Turks (immigrants) in Europe were mostly poor peasants, coming from the East of Turkey. Now I'm not a racist or 'cityist', my family looks down on people from the hinterlands as well. They're more religious and less literate, sure. But the second generation and third generation is working itself up: many doctors, lawyers and dentists. Aside from the pure Turkish genes of hard work. Countless of Turkish small businesses, in Germany even some medium sized businesses. Or look at Corendon, a Turkish Dutchman, having captured about 25% of this nation's tourism industry.

I wouldn't say Turkish culure is inferior to Greeks. Honestly, wtf is turkish culture? It's a mixture of Western, middle eastern and Turkic culture. So why would that be inferior? Constantinople was the capital of East Rome for a thousand frigging yearss. Those weren't just some Greeks that conquered Anatolia. It was Anatolians. As such, I would rate Anatolian indigenous culture as superior to many, we've been through all those cultures. Turks in Turkey are not the same as in Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan, not the same as Arabs and not the same as Europeans. Turkey has all three, and I love that.

As for the last part, I agree. Shiism is inherently more pragmatic and progressive. But I wouldn't think in sectarian terms, if only because there are over 1 billion Sunnis out there. And I just don't like to think in schisms.

Back
Top Bottom