What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Guess who are they?

11022919_1422031818093489_745598346_n.jpg
Google says Task Force 45. Italians.

@xenon54 @Sinan

Have you guys watched The Water Diviner? It's directed by Russell Crowe and it's set around WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Basically an Australian father trying to find his sons in Turkey.

Cheeseball factor 10, but a pleasant movie overall. Sinan, you should watch it with your fiance. Again, cheesy movie but you might find it enjoyable.

====================================================

So I was at the mall today and had to walk through a department store and I heard a group of arab and white employees talking about Norouz. The white guy was saying "we have to tell customers happy Persian new year today" and the arab guy was confused as hell. Basically they were forcing these poor bastards to tell customers happy Persian new year and apart from me, there are probably 3 other Iranians in this city of 1+ million people. I found it really odd that they were being asked to do this. @rmi5 @Militant Atheist I'm a super liberal compared to you guys, but political correctness is getting a bit mental lol

These poor bastards haven't even met an Iranian in their lives probably. If this was Toronto or Vancouver, I'd understand, but not freaking Edmonton, Alberta lmao. In Vancouver Iranians are everywhere and I even know an English lady that spoke some broken Farsi (she used to volunteer in our high school).

I really wanted to go and ask the arab employee some random question just so I could start a conversation about Norouz and piss him off haha

Have you guys watched The Water Diviner? It's directed by Russell Crowe and it's set around WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Basically an Australian father trying to find his sons in Turkey.

Cheeseball factor 10, but a pleasant movie overall. Sinan, you should watch it with your fiance. Again, cheesy movie but you might find it enjoyable.
It's not my type of movie.....i will watch only if fiance forces me to watch. :(

@xenon54 @Sinan

====================================================

So I was at the mall today and had to walk through a department store and I heard a group of arab and white employees talking about Norouz. The white guy was saying "we have to tell customers happy Persian new year today" and the arab guy was confused as hell. Basically they were forcing these poor bastards to tell customers happy Persian new year and apart from me, there are probably 3 other Iranians in this city of 1+ million people. I found it really odd that they were being asked to do this. @rmi5 @Militant Atheist I'm a super liberal compared to you guys, but political correctness is getting a bit mental lol

These poor bastards haven't even met an Iranian in their lives probably. If this was Toronto or Vancouver, I'd understand, but not freaking Edmonton, Alberta lmao. In Vancouver Iranians are everywhere and I even know an English lady that spoke some broken Farsi (she used to volunteer in our high school).

I really wanted to go and ask the arab employee some random question just so I could start a conversation about Norouz and piss him off haha
Not watched yet but will definately do.

The game directors of TLOU (Neill Druckmann and Bruce Straley) are geniuses.
They are also the ones making Uncharted 4. :)
Absolutely. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom