What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

@Sinan @xenon54

Do you have any "strange" food in Turkey? Like Kale pache ?
7574470-lg.jpg
Yep, as sinan allready said its called kelle paca, never seen it, never tried it and hopefully never will, its definately the most strage food in our cuisine and not very popular. :)

People probably couldn afford to waste anything back then.

Yep, as sinan allready said its called kelle paca, never seen it, never tried it and hopefully never will, its definately the most strage food in our cuisine and not very popular. :)

People probably couldn afford to waste anything back then.
Yeah exactly. Same reason Chinese people eat everything (big population and scarcity mean you don't waste anything). Same reason why Saudis eat insects and lizards.

If I'm not wrong though, Kale Pache has become a sort of delicacy now and it's actually more expensive than normal food. It's considered a breakfast item, but the younger generation don't eat it as much as the older generation did. I once read an article that a lot of younger people are avoiding this nastiness.

My brother has lived in Canada since the age of 6 and he f'ing loves this crap. Eats the eyes and brain like it's nothing. I almost puked when I saw him doing that.

Yeah exactly. Same reason Chinese people eat everything (big population and scarcity mean you don't waste anything). Same reason why Saudis eat insects and lizards.
Well ok Chinese have too much strange thing in their cuisine even for their population, i mean what is the point in boiling eggs in virgin urine? o_O

My brother has lived in Canada since the age of 6 and he f'ing loves this crap. Eats the eyes and brain like it's nothing. I almost puked when I saw him doing that.
:bad:

You want nastayyyyyyy, try Kiviak.

It's an Inuit dish (native people to the Arctic regions of Canada and Green Land) of fermented birds. They leave the birds to get fermented in seal skin and it's 100000 times worse then Kale Pache.

Well ok Chinese have too much strange thing in their cuisine even for their population, i mean what is the point in boiling eggs in virgin urine? o_O

:bad:

I had a Chinese buddy that told me a story of when he was a kid. He said he witnessed people eating monkey brain out of a monkey's skull. The table would have a round hole in the middle where the monkey's head would protrude out of. I can't remember if he said the skull would be cut off there or if it was already cut and whether or not the brain was raw or cooked. He said he didn't try it though, but he's tried some nasty shit.

Last edited:
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

what in the foOk ?
It's khorafat. Asian countries (both East and West) have a lot of khorafat. Chinese have their fair share and of course it's not the norm, but there are a lot of things like that going on that makes your head spin. Education is erasing a lot of that though.

whatever it is , its disgusting .

i heard they eat monkey brain when the poor bastard is alive , they eat roaches and insects and other weird things .

its just nasty
I watched a Chinese lady clean the scales on a fish as the fish was still alive. My uncle got angry and tried to argue with the lady lmaooo

Japanese aren't much better. They deep fry their fish as the fish is breathing. They put the bottom half of the fish in the deep fryer and the top half is left out. The fish is still half alive when cooking is done.

Edit: technically in both cases, animal services can be called and they can be arrested for animal cruelty. I'm sure behind closed doors they do that here all the time. The cleaning of the scales when the fish is alive is a common sight in China Town. I've seen it done a few times. I was half tempted to call animal services one time. It's disgusting.

I watched a Chinese lady clean the scales on a fish as the fish was still alive. My uncle got angry and tried to argue with the lady lmaooo

Japanese aren't much better. They deep fry their fish as the fish is breathing. They put the bottom half of the fish in the deep fryer and the top half is left out. The fish is still half alive when cooking is done.

Edit: technically in both cases, animal services can be called and they can be arrested for animal cruelty. I'm sure behind closed doors they do that here all the time. The cleaning of the scales when the fish is alive is a common sight in China Town. I've seen it done a few times. I was half tempted to call animal services one time. It's disgusting.

:(

Watched the first 5 secs, couldn't keep going. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. I know I'm being a hypocrite b/c I'm a meat eater, but killing the animal humanely isn't much to ask.

Agree.
Remind me of ikizukuri: Ikizukuri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

graphic video :bad:

Watched the first 5 secs, couldn't keep going. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. I know I'm being a hypocrite b/c I'm a meat eater, but killing the animal humanely isn't much to ask.

They basically deep-fry the fish while it is still alive, mofo's.... and skin the snake while still alive

Back
Top Bottom