What's new

Iranian chief of staff Major General Baqeri arrives in Moscow, New military deal on the way

Su 30 SM on its way to Iran

So this deal was actually signed a year ago!!.......no wonder hes paying the russians a visit
So in this case,they`re not just "a day late",they`re an entire fvcking year late.... :tsk:
Well..if we talk about Vodka than they would be considered as late,but
To all Iranian posters who think Pakistan doesn't help Palestine i want to inform you that Pakistan will certainly help Palestine both militarily and morally but only on the request of Arabs.this is very important point you all should consider while discussing Pakistan in Palestinian context.I can prove this by historical facts.

When Palestine Liberation organization was acting against Jordanian King, Jordan requested Pakistan to help her against PLO and then rest is history.Arabs remember it by Black September Day

During Arab Israel war, Pakistan not only supported Arabs morally but also sent its top line pilots to Arabs to fight Israel despite the fact that at that time Pakistan was in US camp.

To conclude, Pakistan will help Palestine only if Arabs ask us to help.
And since Arabs are now Israel allies that wont happen,but somehow,in heads of many here(not saying to you,just quote your post for sake of reference to topic) Iranians are benefitors of Zionism...I suppose this last trade where Arabs sold its asses to Israel is just combat tactics to defeat Israel,while Iran suffering because of its fight against Israel is nothing more than public show

And since Arabs are now Israel allies that wont happen
In middle East,most powerful military is possessed by Egypt.Seeing that Egyptian whole military buildup is focused more on Israel so I still have hope that Egypt can take on Israel or at least can stop them to make Greater Israel.Regarding Hammas,they are just guerilla fighters with some rockets and fighting a guerrilla war is a shame in itself.

Egypt has the most modern air force in Muslim world even more advance than Turkey.so i think at the end of day,its only Arabs who will stop Israel.Israel has no real conflict with Iran so Iran will not fight Israel directly.

Iran will most likely purchase SU-30's or SU-35 from Russia and J-16 or J-10 from China.
Arab countries like Egypt are puppet regime and will never raise a finger to Israel. Only Iran supplies Hamas with weapons. Last year those rockets which turned Tel Aviv into a blaze, those were Iranian rockets, remember that.

In middle East,most powerful military is possessed by Egypt.Seeing that Egyptian whole military buildup is focused more on Israel so I still have hope that Egypt can take on Israel or at least can stop them to make Greater Israel.Regarding Hammas,they are just guerilla fighters with some rockets and fighting a guerrilla war is a shame in itself.

Egypt has the most modern air force in Muslim world even more advance than Turkey.so i think at the end of day,its only Arabs who will stop Israel.Israel has no real conflict with Iran so Iran will not fight Israel directly.

Well Russia requires funding for its future weapons programs. They have fallen far behind China and must catch up. Each SU-30 is priced at 62 million.

Even for 35 aircraft that's still a 2 billion dollar deal. Right now, especially with China's economic issues and energy supply issues, it is more likely than ever that China will seal a deal with Iran as well for fighter jets like the J-16 or J-10.

The Russian and Chinese military are both already under US sanctions already. I doubt if the US will have the balls to sanction either nation using SWIFT. That would be a major escalation.

Iran will purchase either the S-30 or SU-35 from Russia and the J-16 or J-10 from China.

Iran does not want the S-400 system from Russia. Why ? For the S-400, Russia refuses to give out the codes. Turkey for example, they still don't have the codes and vital maintenance has to be performed by Russia.

The variant of S-300 Iran purchased from Russia is the most advanced export variant, comparable to the S-400 export variant but the difference is that Iran has the codes and does not need to rely on Russia in the slightest.

The Bavar-373, analysts who looked at it closely state that its performance is comparable to the S-400. So why would Iran desperately want the S-400 at all ? When it comes to air defense and missiles, Iran does not require assistance. The only field would be hypersonic missiles, but even then I'm sure Iran has something going on with North Korea behind the scenes.

TOR-M1 contract was because Russia took Iran’s money then refused to provide MIG-31 citing sanctions.

Last time Iran asked for SU-30/SU-35, Russia refused and offered SU-24reportedly.

Add that to history of failed or restructured arms contracts dating back to 1990s.

Seems people here think China and Russia are actually allies or even reliable business partners for Iran.

Turkey got S400 in less than a couple years. Egypt and UAE all have SU-30/35 type deals with Russians. Meanwhile Iran gets offered Soviet era junk.

Su 30 SM on its way to Iran

Why buy SU-30 and not su-35?

Only Iran supplies Hamas with weapons. Last year those rockets which turned Tel Aviv into a blaze, those were Iranian rockets, remember that.
Yes you provided them rockets but not confronted Israel directly.So its only Egyptian state military which will confront Israel in war.

As persians are usually anti Arabs and vice versa so your perception is only based on emotions.I will repeat its Arabs war and at the end of day Arabs will actually confront Israel not Iran.When war will be inevitable,Arabs will certainly fight and their historical fighting track record suggests that they can and will fight.

Again you have no real issue with Israel, imagine tomorrow Israel brings some good deal for you certainly you will happily accept it if it benefits you then Hammas or other such insurgencies will not get help from Iran and its Arabs who will fight.

SM version is version Russian air force use,it is multi role aircraft and IRIAF probably see more value for money,it is also produced in greater number so future upgrade and long term support is guaranteed,also probably Russa can deliver more of these in shorter timframe. When Iran signed contract for MIG-29,it insisted they got same versions used by Soviet air force,so they got refurbished aircrafts from Soviet air force reserve...For comparation Iraq at that time got monkey B models without mig 29 strongest asset R-73..they got version with R-60 and R-27

Iran does not share borders with Israel and therefore cannot confront Israel directly. Despite this the Arabs will never confront Israel. Not Saudis, not Egypt. Never. There is zero indication that they would do such a thing in the short term or long term future.

Yes Iran would be happy if Israel concluded a reasonable peace deal with the Palestinians. However the Israeli hardliners have all the power, therefore it seems unlikely that there will be any peace between Israelis or Palestinians.

Yes you provided them rockets but not confronted Israel directly.So its only Egyptian state military which will confront Israel in war.

As persians are usually anti Arabs and vice versa so your perception is only based on emotions.I will repeat its Arabs war and at the end of day Arabs will actually confront Israel not Iran.When war will be inevitable,Arabs will certainly fight and their historical fighting track record suggests that they can and will fight.

Again you have no real issue with Israel, imagine tomorrow Israel brings some good deal for you certainly you will happily accept it if it benefits you then Hammas or other such insurgencies will not get help from Iran and its Arabs who will fight.
The latest, best variant of the SU-30 is comparable to the SU-35. However the SU-30 is less costly, easier to train for and all together because of the perception of it as a less advanced weapon worldwide, there will be less pressure on Russia regarding the sale.

This is similar to the S-300 vs the S-400. Also another issue is the source codes. For example, for the S_400 Russia does not disclose the source codes. Turkey for example, does not have the source codes and depends on the Russians for vital repairs. Iran wants full control and sovereignty over any weapons system it purchases

Perhaps in the end Iran will purchase something like 70X SU-30 and 35X SU-35. I'm not certain but just guessing.

Last edited:
Buying worthless Russian air superiority fighters without AESA radars seems like a total waste of money to me.

Buying worthless Russian air superiority fighters without AESA radars seems like a total waste of money to me.
We dont know configuration of Iranian order,it may be customized but even if it is SM variant as it is ,SM PESA radar is extremly good radar,not ordinary PESA..it is hybrid with 3 processors and buterfly type transmitters and same class of arrays as AESA antenna...with same noise level as AESA..in fact it is put in same class of AESA radar perfomance...with dedicated ECM equipment and stronger multi role aplication than s-35 which is also multi role but somehow with stronger air to air role capability..SM is just fine even in SM original variant,while they also have SM2 level.. ,It has 400km detection range,200km tracking,trust vectoring ..15 targets can be tracked in track while scan mode,4 simultanesly engage..now you see why F14 is beast..even now SU30SM cant match 24 target tracking and 6 engage at extremly long range...even AIM-7 on F-14 has much longer range,60 miles while much less on other platform..because its semi-active radar guidance with terminal active seeker F-14 can lunch AIM-7 from 60 miles(i am talking about AIM 7 variant Iran has),F-4 and F-15A(offered to Iran at that time)could d the same from 30 and 40 miles...and I think,even if there are some aircrafts today with that perfomanse..they exist probably in 1 or 2 cases.SU 30SM is two seatter,it has also projected to be command and control center,Electronic warfare unit and early warning platform..It has much wider range of operation than SU35,that is probably,along with price,what make it atractive for IRIAF. Iran has already strong defansive platform,also very strong air defence,so it makes sense to look for more offensive capable platform that also has strong air to air capability.

Last edited:
SM version is version Russian air force use,it is multi role aircraft and IRIAF probably see more value for money,it is also produced in greater number so future upgrade and long term support is guaranteed,also probably Russa can deliver more of these in shorter timframe. When Iran signed contract for MIG-29,it insisted they got same versions used by Soviet air force,so they got refurbished aircrafts from Soviet air force reserve...For comparation Iraq at that time got monkey B models without mig 29 strongest asset R-73..they got version with R-60 and R-27

The latest, best variant of the SU-30 is comparable to the SU-35. However the SU-30 is less costly, easier to train for and all together because of the perception of it as a less advanced weapon worldwide, there will be less pressure on Russia regarding the sale.

This is similar to the S-300 vs the S-400. Also another issue is the source codes. For example, for the S_400 Russia does not disclose the source codes. Turkey for example, does not have the source codes and depends on the Russians for vital repairs. Iran wants full control and sovereignty over any weapons system it purchases

Perhaps in the end Iran will purchase something like 70X SU-30 and 35X SU-35. I'm not certain but just guessing.

India too skipped SU-35 and upgrading SU-30 instead to SU-35/SU-57 standard as part of Super Sukhoi upgrade program.

Iran should consider S-350 instead of S-300

Not exactly
Su 35 is more stealthy more maneuverable also have more durable and lighter airframe . More importantly it need only one pilot. And it is more optimized toward air to air combat

We dont know configuration of Iranian order,it may be customized but even if it is SM variant as it is ,SM PESA radar is extremly good radar,not ordinary PESA..it is hybrid with 3 processors and buterfly type transmitters and same class of arrays as AESA antenna...with same noise level as AESA..in fact it is put in same class of AESA radar perfomance...with dedicated ECM equipment and stronger multi role aplication than s-35 which is also multi role but somehow with stronger air to air role capability..SM is just fine even in SM original variant,while they also have SM2 level.. ,It has 400km detection range,200km tracking,trust vectoring ..15 targets can be tracked in track while scan mode,4 simultanesly engage..now you see why F14 is beast..even now SU30SM cant match 24 target tracking and 6 engage at extremly long range...even AIM-7 on F-14 has much longer range,60 miles while much less on other platform..because its semi-active radar guidance with terminal active seeker F-14 can lunch AIM-7 from 60 miles(i am talking about AIM 7 variant Iran has),F-4 and F-15A(offered to Iran at that time)could d the same from 30 and 40 miles...and I think,even if there are some aircrafts today with that perfomanse..they exist probably in 1 or 2 cases
Nice PESA is nice, but every single likely adversary for Iran is going to be using U.S. doctrine of lots and lots of ECM and are also fielding top of the line fighters (even more advanced than the United States on average).

Back
Top Bottom