What's new

'Iranian Attack Jets Deployed' To Help Iraq Fight ISIS

Abii

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Iran has supplied Iraq with attack jets to help it counter an offensive by Sunni rebels led by the Islamist group Isis, strong evidence suggests.

Russia supplied an initial delivery of the aircraft just a few days ago.

But analysts at the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) in London say that a further delivery, on 1 July, originates from Iran.

This means that the US - which has also sent aircraft to Iraq - is operating alongside Iran in this conflict.

The US has deployed drones and helicopters to Iraq and is actively gathering intelligence on the advance by the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis). Washington is also supplying Iraq's existing air force with Hellfire missiles.

In this case adversity has made for strange bed-fellows.

_75997271_comparison_jets_iiss.jpg

The IISS says that the serial numbers on the aircraft seen in a video posted online by the Iraqi Ministry of Defence correspond with known serial numbers of aircraft in the Iranian fleet.

_75997275_iiss_fighterjets_2.jpg

Mr Dempsey of the IISS notes that "the camouflage scheme visible on the three aircraft is also identical to that currently applied to Iranian Su-25s; a scheme not adopted by any other operators.” He says there appear to have been attempts to conceal the original markings "with evidence of key positions being painted over. This includes the location of Iranian roundels on the side of the air intakes along with a large proportion of the tail fin normally occupied by a full serial number, the Iranian flag and the IRGC insignia."

BBC News - 'Iranian attack jets deployed' to help Iraq fight Isis

This is mental lol

The Su-25's Iran have sent are actually Ex-Iraqi jets that Iraq sent to Iran in 1991 to escape desert storm.

Will the jet fighters remain in Iraq after the war on those ISIS nutters or is it some sort of a loan?

This is mental lol

The Su-25's Iran have sent are actually Ex-Iraqi jets that Iraq sent to Iran in 1991 to escape desert storm.

Will the jet fighters remain in Iraq after the war on those ISIS nutters or is it some sort of a loan?

Return probably as they are under an embargo they need them. Even though they're Iraq's originally

Return probably as they are under an embargo they need them. Even though they're Iraq's originally

I seriously doubt it.

Iraqis will not allow their own planes to leave the country.

This is where Iran got tricked into returning the Iraqi planes. hahah

It looks like Al Mousel is in its way of being bombed with something like barrel bombs.

Welcome to the new Middle East’s map that is being re-drawn again.

I seriously doubt it.

I don't think they want to anger a neighbor for some SU-25's while they have many problems already.
They can buy more SU-25's from around the world + Russia mainly as they did

I don't think they want to anger a neighbor for some SU-25's while they have many problems already.
we shall see.

I seriously doubt it.

It was more of a gift, the Iranians need the Maliki Government to survive. Period

Thats what I thought. Al-maliki has enough enemies already at home. More importantly, the frogfoots will, I believe, start hitting targets in Syria too.

It was more of a gift, the Iranians need the Maliki Government to survive. Period

Gift???????????????????????

Iqbal parks his car at Mullah Tony's house for safekeeping
Then Mullah Tony keeps it (refuses to return the car. Says my madrassah students need the car)
But Iqbal keeps on begging Mullah Tony to return the car
then Mullah Tony returns it to Iqbal after many years
and
Mullah Tony calls the same car as "gift"

hahahahah.

What kind of "logical world" is that of Mullah Tony?

hahahah

Gift???????????????????????

Iqbal parks his car at Mullah Tony's house for safekeeping
Then Mullah Tony keeps it (refuses to return the car. Says my madrassah students need the car)
But Iqbal keeps on begging Mullah Tony to return the car
then Mullah Tony returns it to Iqbal after many years
and
Mullah Tony calls the same car as "gift"

hahahahah.

What kind of "logical world" is that of Mullah Tony?

hahahah
Why do you care, poor troll?

Let me also point out that these Frogfoots have a pathetic record against Heat Seeking, MANPADs. If i am not wrong the MANPADs those ISIL morons are using are not heat seeking only, they also have latest generation of IR guided MANPADs.

I seriously doubt it.

As usual you leave a dumb comment.

The days where Iran and Iraq where tricking each other are long gone. Animosities exist still, but relationship is much better. Whatever the faith of these jets will be, it'll be mutually agreed to by both parties.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom