What's new

Iranian and Azarbaijani forces clash on the border : 1 Azeri soldier dead

IranZamin

BANNED
Reaction score
PressTV - Azeri killed after crossing Iran border

An Azerbaijani border guard has been killed in a clash with Iranian forces after illegally entering the Islamic Republic's territory.

“The clash took place after Azerbaijani border guards illegally entered Iran's soil and failed to heed the warnings of the Iranian border guards,” Iranian Deputy Interior Minister Ali Abdullahi announced on Monday.

Abdullahi also said several other people were injured in the incident, which happened after Azerbaijani forces crossed the border and opened fire on Iranian border guards, IRNA reported.

Weapons of the Azerbaijani forces were abandoned in the area following the clash, he added.

“After the clash, the issue was investigated by officials of the two countries during meetings between Iranian and Azerbaijani border guards,” Abdullahi explained, adding, “The Islamic Republic of Iran is pursuing the incident through diplomatic channels.”

Abdullahi also expressed hope that Azerbaijani border guards would pay more attention to the borderlines and warnings issued by Iran's border guards in the future.

MYA/GHN/HGL

why Iran is making his own enemy around him
U-A-E,Qatar,Saudi,Iran now Azerbaijan are angry with him

the story is incomplete, why would they cross the border in the first place??

What does the other side have to say? No soldiers run into another country without any reason.

why Iran is making his own enemy around him
U-A-E,Qatar,Saudi,Iran now Azerbaijan are angry with him
Iran and Qatar have great relationship.
UAE wants three of our islands and we're not giving them up under any conditions so if that's a crime than guilty as charged.
Saudi Arabia isn't even a sovereign nation and anyhow, we have no problems with that country what so ever. We have never threatened them. They are the ones with the problems. Appareantly they are angry at us b/c of our nuke program and the fact that we're not kissing american azz like they are.
With Azerbaijan the relationship has been getting better. We have always supported Armenia and they don't like that. They can get used to it.

Out of all the country's you mentioned, only Azerbaijan is a neighbor btw.

be aware of western stir-ups, keep that in mind.

what i dont understand is, why iran helped armenia and not azerbaijan?

Western Stir Ups? Iran have always had a good relationship with Armenia i think there peoples are both Iranic.

On the opposite Azerbaijan has a bad relationship with Armenia can you see why there might be problems?

Why would Iran help Azerbaijan simply because there both muslim?

Armenia and Iran have always been close.
Armenia was a province of Iran, both under Zoroastrian Iran and Islamic Iran. Our cultures are very close (music, food...). Some of Iran's most famous musicians are Iranian-Armenians. Regarding religion, we have always had our differences. At one point we were both Zoroastrians but then they became Christians and we remained Zoroastrians until 600 AD when we also changed religion. But this religious difference didn't completely destroy the relationship and as you can see we still have a good relationship today.
discussing this further will create a shi t storm so I will stop it right here.

Iran didn't support Armenia. But didn't support Azerbaijan either. Mainly because of Azerbaijan's close friend(Israel). In fact, if they stop their relations with Israel, I think they would have Iran's support.

Iran didn't support Armenia. But didn't support Azerbaijan either. Mainly because of Azerbaijan's close friend(Israel). In fact, if they stop their relations with Israel, I think they would have Iran's support.

i mean like, the armenia-azerbaijan war back in the 90's, why didnt iran support them then, azerbaijan wasnt using israeli weapons!

but i'll just let it be, because of what abii said!

i mean like, the armenia-azerbaijan war back in the 90's, why didnt iran support them then, azerbaijan wasnt using israeli weapons!

but i'll just let it be, because of what abii said!

Culturally, Azerbaijan and Iran are much closer than Iran and Armenia. Abii doesn't want to see this.

Iran is supporting Armenia because Azarbaijan is officially Iranian land declared independent by the soviets. Our incompetent government at that time gave Azarbaijan up during The treaty of Golestan (Gulestan).

The Iran-Armenia relationship has to be 1 of my favourites simply because 1 is muslim and 1 is christian yet they're still close freinds.

Why is below_freezing thanking the article?

Why is below_freezing thanking the article?[/QUOTE]

Because its informative and keeping us up to date I would have thought

Back
Top Bottom