What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Could the Joshan pesa be added to Bavar to make it passive, if the need should arise?
Can a system have both an aesa and pesa and switch between them?

Yes. Theoretically yes. I am not sure if it is practically done but it can be added to AESA radars to be used in specific situations.

PESA is not passive radar...it is named pesa because it use one transmitter for all arrays ,unlike AESA...where all modules are also transmitters and recivers but PESA is radar which transmit and recive signals as any radar...

It is just a military jargon. Not really passive.
The separate pure receiver component will be passive which is a plus.

Last edited:
It is same technology..it depend on target direction and attlitude when and where missile will kick on boosters.....Tor and S-300 use same cold lunch technology..it is missile where you see difference ,Tor dont use TVC to direct missile,instead it use side boosters..while s-300 kick on main propulision after it is ejected using cold lunch,Iranian version eject missile than side booster kick on...so at same way,you can see clearly if watch video at slow speed .what happens after cold lunch depends on many factors and there could be even different missile but that doesnt change anything..cold lunch is cold lunch...Normaly I would not waste my time to prove something which is clear,but here it is..cold lunch,Iranian version
bandicam 2021-10-14 14-45-02-803.jpg
bandicam 2021-10-14 14-45-28-110.jpg

And than boom..booster
bandicam 2021-10-14 14-48-46-948.jpg

Here ,at last image you can see this side boosters just kick on....first one or two will ignite to direct missile than all boosters will kick on

Video clips above show M2 version,Iran got M1E and it could be some difference between Iranian version and org in sequnces or ejection speed..or missile..but fundamentaly everything is same..cold lunch ejects missile without using missile own boosters or motor..and it ends there,what came after that doesnt change cold lunch technology

Last edited:
I will wait for Imad Media’s video. Iran is hiding something about this system similar to the Bavar revealing.

With Majid and Morpheus we got clear concise footage of engaging the target.

With Iran TOR-M1 the video shows the system at the daytime, but only shows a launch footage from a terrible bottom angle in the dead of night and it only last a few seconds.

So something is not right about this prototype and I’m going to wait for more evidence to come out rather than argue and speculate.

I decided to finally clean this up into one pic
View attachment 784825
And this is a close up of the radar
View attachment 784826
Interestingly it looks like its got 2 sets of antennas,you`ve got the rotating antenna on top,and what looks like it could be a set of 4 fixed panel [aesa?] antennas underneath.
Maybe the lower array does something similar to the radome of the original morpheus?

"one of the commanders in exercise said Talash-5 has launched" It seems like Iran was testing Talash-5 , up until now we only had Talash-1-2 and 3

Last edited:
IRIADF has 5 "hubs" equipped with S-200

Talash projects improve these 5 hubs, step by step to create "fortresses"
Now Talash-5 has started. New radars, new missiles (Sayyad-2, -3, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom