What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Some more equipment spotted in Tabriz.

The nature of the equipment to me suggests their is more than the Syrian elements in the Karabakh war that their is concern about.

Could it be elements of the IDF working in Azerbaijan that these more heavy-duty equipment are meant to tackle?

I can't imagine Azerbaijan or Armenia will overtly start acting antagonistic towards Iran, neither would Turkey or Russia so that really only leaves America or Israel that would try and pull something.

iranian new defense systen

iranian new defense systen
Translate please?

Probably about the best pic I think we`ve seen of the old Ofoogh 2 fire control radar for what would ultimately become the 15th of khordad sam system.
ElRo9xrX0AA80Es

The only other pics showed it either in its folded configuration or in profile view.

Probably about the best pic I think we`ve seen of the old Ofoogh 2 fire control radar for what would ultimately become the 15th of khordad sam system.
ElRo9xrX0AA80Es

The only other pics showed it either in its folded configuration or in profile view.
This radar is still used as a fire control radar for the talash system?
BTW there is a better version I guess
6960649F-D79B-4B11-A8CA-AABD026300CE.jpeg

Those radars look to be the original fire control radars for the standard missiles (mihrab) of the navy. Seems that these radars were needed to adapt the mihrab to sayyad 2 level until the najm radars were available. I still see them in use for irgc exercises, indicating they are still used by them, but artesh has better najm radars for their sayyads. I always assumed talash was simply a testing phase for what would eventually become the 15th khordad and bavar systems, but it seems they might be operating in parallel and possible competition. The total system looks a bit bulky and seems to use an amalgam of older radars coupled with sayyad2 & 3 launchers and it seems to have different configurations of radars, ;aunchers, etc.

Those radars look to be the original fire control radars for the standard missiles (mihrab) of the navy. Seems that these radars were needed to adapt the mihrab to sayyad 2 level until the najm radars were available. I still see them in use for irgc exercises, indicating they are still used by them, but artesh has better najm radars for their sayyads. I always assumed talash was simply a testing phase for what would eventually become the 15th khordad and bavar systems, but it seems they might be operating in parallel and possible competition. The total system looks a bit bulky and seems to use an amalgam of older radars coupled with sayyad2 & 3 launchers and it seems to have different configurations of radars, ;aunchers, etc.
IRGC uses najm-802A for its sayyad launchers
DA0A86EC-AB4B-47EF-A08B-36119CBE6217.jpeg

IRGC uses najm-802A for its sayyad launchers
View attachment 684807
That's the reason why I'm leaning to talash originally being a testing platform for what evolve into the later systems, though I am very curious as to what the talash looks in complete form rather than fleeting glimpses we've seen so far. Seems like every radar Iran has developed has been in this system. I also think talash was an endeavour to network all of these technologies for them to function effectively in the national air defense grid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom