What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

3585648.jpg

Source: mehrnews.com/xSY6n

@skyshadow can you explain what happened today? I’m really confused. Is the 8*8 TEL the final version of bavar-373, or it is another variant besides the 10*10 TEL?
Also missiles are different...
8CC341BB-9D48-48EE-94E3-0B612E470CAE.png
53EF5F1D-6815-4EF2-817C-42EAF62BADDE.jpeg

@PeeD

I have used a generic web based AI based upscaler, here is a zoomed in version.

There likely is some AI upscaling artifact as the AI training sets may not contain images of military hardware. This may show up as skewed lines and what not. Regardless, take this image with a grain a of salt.

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_075050.jpg
    IMG_20201022_075050.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 47
@skyshadow can you explain what happened today? I’m really confused. Is the 8*8 TEL the final version of bavar-373, or it is another variant besides the 10*10 TEL?
Also missiles are different... View attachment 681812View attachment 681813
well first of all it didn't happen today it happened 2 days ago , yes 10*10 is going to have surprise with +400 km missiles heavy missiles mach +12 speeds. the red missile is for aerial targets the other one is for anti BM - anti CM with the ability to go after aerial targets too. so basically this is the anti missile one and probably open for experts the 10*10 is the the S-400 on steroids im guessing with new upgraded radars non expert version.

@PeeD

I have used a generic web based AI based upscaler, here is a zoomed in version.

There likely is some AI upscaling artifact as the AI training sets may not contain images of military hardware. This may show up as skewed lines and what not. Regardless, take this image with a grain a of salt.

Well should be a Sayyad-4, just blurred lines.

Well should be a Sayyad-4, just blurred lines.

Well, i was thinking that it might be an artifact of motion blur but for a vertically launched missile, the motion blurred artifacts tend to show up as vertically stretched features. Since Sayyad 4 has fins, we should expect to see vertically stretched fins.

Optical artifacts due to air and vapor is a possibility but i don't know how they would manifest.

IMO, resolution artifacts though are less likely as even with original image from Twitter, you can still see the silhouette without any fins. I think the nose cone vertex is on par in size with Sayyad 4 fins, yet still we can still "see" it.

Actually, if we take the image as it appears, a finless chassis with sharp nose cone, would it make sense for a high kinetic AA?

Well, i was thinking that it might be an artifact of motion blur but for a vertically launched missile, the motion blurred artifacts tend to show up as vertically stretched features. Since Sayyad 4 has fins, we should expect to see vertically stretched fins.

Optical artifacts due to air and vapor is a possibility but i don't know how they would manifest.

IMO, resolution artifacts though are less likely as even with original image from Twitter, you can still see the silhouette without any fins. I think the nose cone vertex is on par in size with Sayyad 4 fins, yet still we can still "see" it.

Actually, if we take the image as it appears, a finless chassis with sharp nose cone, would it make sense for a high kinetic AA?

Iran is intentionally making a secret of this Bavar-373 test, psyops, disinformation.
So nothing really clear can be said here.

Maybe next year we see a standard full size Bavar-373 battery in action, maybe it is too hot for now to show it's details to enemy Intel.

Back
Top Bottom