What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Its advantages is only wire/laser guidance that can not be detected by choppers and drones?
And i've got a Q what is the average of drones' speed?
I think it is anti helicopter system mostly
it depends to drone and its engine.

Last edited:
It looks like they taken a tow and fitted a brand new front end to it and the two rows of apertures almost look like they could be laser proximity fuses which would make it unlikely to be an antitank weapon.Whatever it is its very interesting.

This can probably be launched from a standard TOW tube and maybe motorised TOW units like Safir jeeps could carry it to use when needs arise.
Namayeshgah25.jpg

new air defense system! which we heard the name last year
sayyad 3
mass production started.
were is my bavar!
range 120 km
alt 27 km
active and half active + IR seeker!

Attachments

• photo_2017-07-22_11-31-01.jpg
    photo_2017-07-22_11-31-01.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Iran desperately needs to increase the range of its systems. Its hawk system dominates most of the air defense architecture. The S-200's are to old to be reliable in modern air defense, and domestic systems 3rd khordad is to short range but that's fair, I'm assuming it's meant to compliment larger systems sort of like Russian Tor. Talash 2 also too short in range with Sayyad 2 (Hopefully Sayyad 3 will change that). Iran needs tons of 200 km+ range to prevent the use of long range stand off weapons of bombers and cover its airspace like the S-200/300, increase area denial capacity, and stop or atleast mitigate a saturation strike of stand off weapons like cruise missiles for enough time and cover for massive saturation missile strikes on enemy airbases, anti-shipping and critical infrastructure (if the enemy is regional) and essentially end any war in a matter of days by knocking out enemy capacity to wage it. Also, increased range allows protection of naval ships in the Persian gulf, as Iranian airforce cannot be relied upon for protecting Iranian vessels and airspace in the Persian gulf, they are practically sitting ducks in there. I only hope the Bavar is capable of providing that support.

سامانه موشکی باور۳۷۳ تولید شده/ قابلیت‌های این سامانه را افزایش داده‌ایم

وزیر پیشنهادی دفاع و پشتیبانی نیروهای مسلح در دیدار با نمایندگان فراکسیون ولایی مجلس شورای اسلامی برنامه‌های خود برای تصدی پست وزارت دفاع را تشریح کرد.
وی توجه به ‌حوزه‌های موشکی‌، هوایی، دریایی، پدافند هوایی و رزم زمینی را از اولویت‌های وزارت دفاع دانست و گفت: در حال حاضر قابلیت‌ها و ظرفیت تولید قدرت بازدارندگی در وزارت دفاع افزایش یافته است.
سرتیپ حاتمی با اعلام اینکه مراحل تولید سامانه پدافندی ‌باور373 ‌انجام شده و قابلیت‌های آن افزایش یافته است،
http://tn.ai/1487038

Back
Top Bottom