What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Dear Tehrani Moghadam talking about Iranian surface to air missiles (amongst others) and mentioning how resistant they are to E-warfare:

I wonder what the system He was referring to? He was alive during the development of Talash that would eventually become the 15th of Khordad and Bavar 373, so maybe the sayyad series and their radars, etc?

I wonder what the system He was referring to? He was alive during the development of Talash that would eventually become the 15th of Khordad and Bavar 373, so maybe the sayyad series and their radars, etc?

It was probably one of the early systems in the Taer missile family as part of the IRGC's Sevome khordad/Tabas family. The good news is that it is apparent Iran is placing very extensive efforts in the e-warfare aspect of its system. This is obviously very important given how extensively the Americans and their allies rely on this domain.

Last edited:
It was probably one of the early systems in the Taer missile family as part of the IRGC's Sevome khordad/Tabas family. The good news is that it is apparent Iran is placing very extensive efforts in the e-warfare aspect of its system. This is obviously very important given how extensively the Americans and their allies rely on this domain.

Iran can only defend against weapons it knows. Saying Iranian weapons are very resistant to EW is against KNOWN EW techniques and threats.

US/Israel have many techniques they are saving for major wars. Just as Iran has several plans it is saving for major war.

That statement becomes true and certain, if the system does not use traditional radar ;)

Iran can only defend against weapons it knows. Saying Iranian weapons are very resistant to EW is against KNOWN EW techniques and threats.

US/Israel have many techniques they are saving for major wars. Just as Iran has several plans it is saving for major war.

Indeed all militaries will have hidden cards, however it is extremely important to nullify as much as possible the assets which the enemy uses openly and extensively. When it comes to e-warfare, that is a domain the science of which is very well understood thus Iran should be in a good position to predict the threats it could face. But as is always the case with war, expect the unexpected.

Indeed all militaries will have hidden cards, however it is extremely important to nullify as much as possible the assets which the enemy uses openly and extensively. When it comes to e-warfare, that is a domain the science of which is very well understood thus Iran should be in a good position to predict the threats it could face. But as is always the case with war, expect the unexpected.

There is literally no benefit for Israel or US to unveil their real EW techniques because the second they reveal it, Iran builds a counter.

There is major concern here for Iran since everything from its chips to the OS of its air defense command and control centers use Western processors and Microsoft Windows.

Even the US is dumping technology that has Chinese processors for fears of backdoors being implemented into them.

There is literally no benefit for Israel or US to unveil their real EW techniques because the second they reveal it, Iran builds a counter.

There is major concern here for Iran since everything from its chips to the OS of its air defense command and control centers use Western processors and Microsoft Windows.

Even the US is dumping technology that has Chinese processors for fears of backdoors being implemented into them.
Nothing will go to plan for Iran in a conflict with the U.S, contingencies must be prepared for even a possibility of the entire power grid of the country to be offline.

The 4th Ghadir radar is deployed.
3031946.jpg

The publishing website claims it has 1600 KM Range also its so very capable of detecting radar evading targets such as stealth aircrafts and low flying cruise missiles.

1600 KM Ghadir radar coverage. I needed 3 of them to cover Arabian sea, Israel and KSA.
Red one deployed to Kermanshah, the black one deployed to Semnan province, the blue one deployed to Makran shores.
Screenshot_20210114-095014.jpg

1600 KM Ghadir radar coverage. I needed 3 of them to cover Arabian sea, Israel and KSA.
Red one deployed to Kermanshah, the black one deployed to Semnan province, the blue one deployed to Makran shores.
View attachment 706708

Can't even have them so close to the border as a special forces team can neutralize it and escape rapidly.

Can't even have them so close to the border as a special forces team can neutralize it and escape rapidly.
I don't think so sir. Kermanshah and Semnan are both well known hosts of military hardwares. About Makran, don't forget that Iran is a country surrounded by mountains.
ساحل-مکران.jpg
2671401.jpg

Small shields for our airdefense systems but protective.

I wonder why Ghadir after Ghadir , why no operational Sepehr.
you can put a single sepehr in central Iran and cover a lot more than those Ghadir

I think there is one on the coast to serve as early warning for cruise missiles and objects flying low over the water, with the understanding that such a system would be destroyed in a barrage but provide the needed early warning and time for counter actions.

Back
Top Bottom