What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

13980526170552675181394210.jpg

IRGC Deputy Air Force Chief Gen. Faraj Pur today: We have closed Iran's airspace to NATO countries and CENTCOM (US) aircrafts and may decide to attack them in a strategy of preventive defence.

IRGC Deputy Air Force Chief Gen. Faraj Pur: Bavar-373 can engage with 9 targets simultaneously

https://www.alef.ir/news/3980612191.html?show=text

موشک جدید سامانه مرصاد

13980526212428399181409210.jpg
WOW!!

If this is true thats a pretty major announcement,especially the "preventive defence" part.It`ll be very interesting to see if there are any new revised roe relating to dealing with nato/centcom aircraft in irans airspace.
Its good to see.Finally irans air defences have the sharp teeth that they`ve badly needed for so long.

WOW!!

If this is true thats a pretty major announcement,especially the "preventive defence" part.It`ll be very interesting to see if there are any new revised roe relating to dealing with nato/centcom aircraft in irans airspace.
Its good to see.Finally irans air defences have the sharp teeth that they`ve badly needed for so long.

yes it is true, the interesting part is when he said we are monitoring every flight in the middle east, fighters and planes and drones, every thing, from when they move until they land.

Deputy Commander: Iran to Make Newer Versions of Bavar 373 Missile Shield

"He added that studies for the construction of higher-range defense shields have started and are in the final stages, adding that the country aims to make newer versions of Bavar 373 too."

https://www.islamicinvitationturkey...e-newer-versions-of-bavar-373-missile-shield/

yes it is true, the interesting part is when he said we are monitoring every flight in the middle east, fighters and planes and drones, every thing, from when they move until they land.

Deputy Commander: Iran to Make Newer Versions of Bavar 373 Missile Shield

"He added that studies for the construction of higher-range defense shields have started and are in the final stages, adding that the country aims to make newer versions of Bavar 373 too."

https://www.islamicinvitationturkey...e-newer-versions-of-bavar-373-missile-shield/
I`m not surprised that they would be working on further upgrades or modernization of the bavar 373,call it the bavar 373B model.Theres a lot of improvements that could be considered such as faster,longer ranged 2 stage sams for improved abm capability[medium and intermediate range] with possible exoatmospheric capabilities,and a dedicated abm radar to go with them,short ranged active seeker sams to deal with pop up or very close range attackers,extended range active seekers or dual seeker for targets beyond the max range of the fire control radar,plus next generation search and fire control radar designs,improved tvc using gas injection rather than vanes,mast mounting for fixed and semi fixed sites,possibly a naval variant for the larger 6000 ton boats that irans talking about building.
Thats the thing,once you`ve invented something like this you have to keep on developing and improving it in order to keep it current and up to date.

I`m not surprised that they would be working on further upgrades or modernization of the bavar 373,call it the bavar 373B model.Theres a lot of improvements that could be considered such as faster,longer ranged 2 stage sams for improved abm capability[medium and intermediate range] with possible exoatmospheric capabilities,and a dedicated abm radar to go with them,short ranged active seeker sams to deal with pop up or very close range attackers,extended range active seekers or dual seeker for targets beyond the max range of the fire control radar,plus next generation search and fire control radar designs,improved tvc using gas injection rather than vanes,mast mounting for fixed and semi fixed sites,possibly a naval variant for the larger 6000 ton boats that irans talking about building.
Thats the thing,once you`ve invented something like this you have to keep on developing and improving it in order to keep it current and up to date.
well by what we saw enemy will try to saturate any air-defense with overwhelming fire power , so my guess is the more urgent upgrade will be reduce the size of the missile so each launcher instead of four missile can carry 9-12 missile same upgrade as pac-2 -> pac-3

IRGC Deputy Air Force Chief Gen. Faraj Pur today: We have closed Iran's airspace to NATO countries and CENTCOM (US) aircrafts and may decide to attack them in a strategy of preventive defence.

IRGC Deputy Air Force Chief Gen. Faraj Pur: Bavar-373 can engage with 9 targets simultaneously

https://www.alef.ir/news/3980612191.html?show=text

موشک جدید سامانه مرصاد

13980526212428399181409210.jpg
That won't be mersad any more

well by what we saw enemy will try to saturate any air-defense with overwhelming fire power , so my guess is the more urgent upgrade will be reduce the size of the missile so each launcher instead of four missile can carry 9-12 missile same upgrade as pac-2 -> pac-3

That won't be mersad any more
the picture is mahrab missile which is used in mersad 2 air defence...i saw a video on youtube from a drill which has held 2 years ago;they tested mehrab as part of mersad-2 ADS.if i found the address of that video i'll share it.
http://iranpress.com/en/iran-i129907-shalamcheh_missiles_successfully_launched_at_military_drills

I would call it Mersad 3.

The detailed photo shows interesting details, good to see them. Mersad 3 level has made the original HAWK a true modern medium range SAM system that can counter stealth assets.
As the HAWK is the backbone of the IRIADF, this is very good to see.

Mehrab was SM-1 copy/rebuild. That missile may be called Kamin-2 for now.
Fakkur-90 was a hybrid between AIM-54 and AIM-23 and this one is a hybrid between SM-1 and AIM-23 with some Sayyad-2 input.

I would call it Mersad 3.

The detailed photo shows interesting details, good to see them. Mersad 3 level has made the original HAWK a true modern medium range SAM system that can counter stealth assets.
As the HAWK is the backbone of the IRIADF, this is very good to see.

Mehrab was SM-1 copy/rebuild. That missile may be called Kamin-2 for now.
Fakkur-90 was a hybrid between AIM-54 and AIM-23 and this one is a hybrid between SM-1 and AIM-23 with some Sayyad-2 input.
But regarding these videos Mersad 2 is a export version of Iranian Mersad..

I am not hearing much regarding what these other radar that were not with the X and s band radars when bavar was unveiled appear to be. For example:

2027409-788.jpg

I feel this is something that is part of the communication system of bavar? you can see it below as well:

57930493.jpg

What is that "shiny" part?

Last edited:
no matter how good a AD is if its not layered it's not going to work, it will simply be out numbered with missiles and bombs.
that's completely true but that's if the opponent has strategic depth, if you look at the map you will notice that a single battery of Bavar placed in Lebanon can paralyze Israeli air force. long range ADs compress the battle field to an small equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom