What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

I red in another article that for fighter size objects it is 90Km range. Albeit, that was almost 2 years ago so the new ones may have improved.
ِcould you give me the link, please ? in fact, the introduction of systems like these is an important development for Iranian air defenses since it would permit them to create an alternative to radars in case of collapse or degradation of radar network due to enemy EW and SEAD especially if deployed in sufficient numbers and permet detection of stealth aircraft ad the identification of decoys.

Maybe there are "lens free cameras" arranged in a kind of "phased array".
I don't think so

My salutations to all Iranian members
I wonder about the detection range of Raad-1 and Raad-2 electro-optical systems against fighter sized targets and whether the cited 150 KM and 300 KM detection ranges of the new thermal camera named TIC-S-2 are against fighters or against other types of aircraft
Regarding the cassegrain antenna of Raad-1 and Raad-2 i wonder if it belongs to a fire control Radar or something else
TIC-S-2 Thermal camera
http://www.kowsartrading.com/products/1129/TIC-S-2
index.php

Raad-1 and Raad-2
index.php

index.php
These are announced numbers.
Raad 1
Range:24km
altitude:14km

Raad2
Range of optical seeker: 55km
Range of optical tracker:80km
Range of laser rangefinder:80km
Radio range: 60km

http://jangaavaran.ir/سامانه-های-پدافندی-خانواده-رعد/

ِcould you give me the link, please ? in fact, the introduction of systems like these is an important development for Iranian air defenses since it would permit them to create an alternative to radars in case of collapse or degradation of radar network due to enemy EW and SEAD especially if deployed in sufficient numbers and permet detection of stealth aircraft ad the identification of decoys.

I don't think so
Please read my post here:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-ground-forces-news-and-equipment.367996/page-32#post-6532666

I hope they show all components. I wanna know if there really is a Sayyad 5.
Sayyad 5, the missile? or the system?

AS YOU MENTIONED IT'S SASHIRAZ'S SITE,AND THEY WANT TO UNVEIL IT IN SHIRAZ............IT MAKES SENSE BECAUSE YESTERDAY they spoke about it in shiraz...........

we have to wait and see.

IEI has developed a automatic tracking system for the Rapier SAM.

I hope the IRIADF/IRIAF buys it as the Rapier with day-only human operated sight is really not up to date anymore. The system has already a small effective envelope reaction time and mistakes require a automatic day/night tracking system with instant reaction.
It's true that the Rapier is a quite low performing system but if the task is only protection of one smaller site, namely IRIAF airbases, then it becomes useful if reaction time is decreased.
Countering subsonic PGM and CM, is a role IRIAF airbases need and Iran has a large number of Rapier systems.

Such things like turning the Rapier back into a useful system have become possible due to the thermal optics revolution in Iran.
One plus-point here is that Irans dry climate allows such 40 year old missiles to remain conserved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom