What's new

IRAN UNVEILS UNUSUALLY BLUE COLORED SUBMARINE

Keep your dirt and nonsense out of this fvcking thread. This is a military forum, not a playground for ignorant kids. ^

640_Bath%20sub%201.jpg

hey guys !

wait for Monday ...

don't spend your troll force here ...

US most definitely working hard to address this issue over the last 30 years, and I would worry in US place, because as of recent examples, US still doesnt have proper detection of diesel subs.

Did you even read what I said? I said the U.S. Navy has something thats being developing right now. You are talking last 30 years ago! Past tense.

So many people make fun of these little water vessels, but they forget how successful they were against much larger ones in ww2. Germany and Italy made great use of them on what supposed to be superior navies.

So many people make fun of these little water vessels, but they forget how successful they were against much larger ones in ww2. Germany and Italy made great use of them on what supposed to be superior navies.

Germany and Italy never used " Midget Submarines " during the World War II. Only Japan and UK built Midget Submarines and that was a disaster.

Germany used U-BOATS (Submarines ) which were much larger than Midget Submarines and they nearly destroyed the commercial shipping bringing much needed supplies to UK. A typical Uboat had a crew of 45 sailors and were almost as large as present day diesel submarines. These Uboats went around the World. You cannot do that with a midget submarine with a crew of 5 to 10 sailors.

Watch this video:

WWII German U-Boats & Battle of the Atlantic - YouTube

Germany and Italy never used " Midget Submarines " during the World War II. Only Japan and UK built Midget Submarines and that was a disaster.

Germany used U-BOATS (Submarines ) which were much larger than Midget Submarines and they nearly destroyed the commercial shipping bringing much needed supplies to UK. A typical Uboat had a crew of 45 sailors and were almost as large as present day diesel submarines. These Uboats went around the World. You cannot do that with a midget submarine with a crew of 5 to 10 sailors.

Look up manned torpedo's, E-boats, PT boats of ww2, you'll then understand my point of "Small Vessels" being very successful against larger ones, small vessels aren't just made to look cute, I think Iran were aware of this when they were making them.

Germany did make midget submarines, known as seehund, which had success of sinking over 17,000 tons, while losing only around 600 tons of their own, 17 ton per mini sub, very cost affective.

Back
Top Bottom