What's new

Iran unveils new, high-tech air defense equipment for use in Persian Gulf

mosu

Reaction score
ran says it's tested a new air defense system modeled after the US Hawk system as well as a hovercraft called "Thunder" that will be able to launch surveillance drones and missiles from the Persian Gulf.
Iran says it's tested a new air defense system modeled after the US Hawk system as well as a hovercraft called "Thunder" that will be able to launch surveillance drones and missiles from the Persian Gulf.

Meanwhile, according to a report on Iranian state media, the US and Israel are "distressed" by the Iranian military's technological progress.

The Fars news agency cited Lieutenant Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami as saying Tuesday:

"We are now in such circumstances that the enemies have found out they can't be calm and cool."

Salami pointed to Iran's possession of "drones that are guided and controlled for hundreds of kilometers away" as apparent cause for concern, adding that Iran could "hit any point that it wants" with its hi-tech missiles.

ABC News reported that Iran had unveiled an amphibious hovercraft, dubbed "Tondar" in Farsi, during Iranian war games on Monday.

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said it could be used for "offensive reconnaissance operations [and] midrange amphibious missions […] for islands and coastal areas."

However, ABC News pointed out that Iran had repeatedly threatened to use force to close off the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow stretch of the Persian Gulf though which 20 percent of the world's oil passes.

And Press TV cited Brigadier General Farzad Esmaili, chief of Iran’s air defense headquarters, as saying that Iran's electronic interception systems had been improved to the point where they were capable of detecting any auditory or visual signals transmitted by foreign forces in the region.

"Today, the electronic interception systems of Iran’s air defense are capable of detecting visual and auditory signals transmitted by ground or airborne systems of the target or extra-regional countries."

The Associated Press, meantime, cited Esmaili as introducing a new air defense system modeled after the US Hawk system, named “Mersad,” or Ambush.

The system was capable of locking a flying object at a distance of 50 miles and can hit from 30 miles away, using an Iranian-made missile dubbed Shahin, or Hawk, the AP reported.

But we saw theses equipment on TV .
I guess that's enough ,but sadly what I liked to see was not unveiled .

Iran is a great nation and Pakistanis deeply respect them for our rich cultural relationship with them.

I wish Iran all success to meet unseen future challenges. I cant say about the government in Pakistan, but people stand with you. Long live Iran. Inshallah. :)

Iran is a great nation and Pakistanis deeply respect them for our rich cultural relationship with them.

I wish Iran all success to meet unseen future challenges. I cant say about the government in Pakistan, but people stand with you. Long live Iran. Inshallah. :)

Dont speak on behalf of the people of Pakistan- you might like iran- but not all Pakistanis stand with them-
Likewise there are more iranians on this forum that will prefer india over Pakistan any day-
Keep Pakistan and its interest first and let the religious affiliations comes second just like the way iranians prefer-

Dont speak on behalf of the people of Pakistan- you might like iran- but not all Pakistanis stand with them-
Likewise there are more iranians on this forum that will prefer india over Pakistan any day-
Keep Pakistan and its interest first and let the religious affiliations comes second just like the way iranians prefer-

Prefer India? How the hell did you get that impression?

To analyze free of flag colors:
80% of users in this forum and about the same percentage in real Pakistan like (or Love) Iran for good reasons. It is totally understandable and should not affect Pak-KSA relations.
off-topic: If Qatar and Saudi Arabia dont want the IPI pipeline, they should present a proposal of at least the same amount of financial value.

Prefer India? How the hell did you get that impression?

It depends on the way of Iranian thinking:
those who think strategically or those who think religiously.

It depends on the way of Iranian thinking:
those who think strategically or those who think religiously.

Well I'm a very irreligious person and I put relationship with Pakistan at a higher value than India. And that's because besides the cultural bonds and a large population, Pakistan has something that India never will: common borders with us.

Of course, that doesn't mean no relationship with India, to satisfy some individuals withe extremist views. Even Pakistan herself has bestowed the status of the most favorite trading nation to India.

you may be part of some black tire group and can speak for your preference of Iran but I would like to see Pakistan get closer to moderate countries like Israel, Turkey, United States and Europe while distance itself from Middle East.

Iranians ayatollah are just selfish, disloyal, backstabbing and opportunistic creeps. The Shah era was much better.

I did not even talk about religion. If you might not know. Before English became lingua franca in the subcontinent, it was Persian language that was spoken and written. It was also the official court language in Dehli. Muslims learnt Persian as the second language. My grandfather, my dad and all my uncles knew and spoke Parsian too.

Also, another important point is that the influence of shia sect of islam in Lucknow and other parts of undivided India came from Iran. So you cant discount Iran just like that.

Most Pakistanis do. Pakistan is the only country in the world that likes Iran.

Iran0003.png

A Global

you may be part of some black tire group and can speak for your preference of Iran but I would like to see Pakistan get closer to moderate countries like Israel, Turkey, United States and Europe while distance itself from Middle East.

I never said it so dont put your thoughts in my statement. And please get some knowledge before you say anything. Israel is the most extreme country in the world. Its the only state in the world that uses terror as a state policy and the western powers underwrite this policy of terror.

When is Iran extremist? Extremists are those who stand up to US bullying. Tell me one single Muslim country that stands up to US bullying?

Since we were talking about Iran, I did not mention Turkey to keep the post focused.

Most Pakistanis do. Pakistan is the only country in the world that likes Iran.

Iran0003.png

A Global

Interesting that Iran is more favorable in US than in Egypt. Maybe I should not say that but foreign policy of Iran is so so wrong regarding the west and Israel. Your Indian friends are telling you the truth about your foreign policy but no one listens to them.

Regarding India:
Although they don't like you, they don't dislike you either; which is quite good for a non-muslim country and regarding the universal demonization staged for Iran on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom