What's new

Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet

Ok show me one single part of a fighter jet produced by Saudi Arabia locally without foreign aid and assistance .. engine? avionic? landing gear?radar? jet seat?

Almost all part of Iranian one is designed, manufactured and tested in Iran by Iranians and are completely new brand in comparison with original F-5 ...
F5 Radar:
View attachment 493691
Kowsar:
View attachment 493692

F5 cockpit :

View attachment 493693
Kowsar:
View attachment 493694

Still and after decades f5 is a good fighter jet for CAS operations next to it is low and cheap maintenance and still many countries operate it from Turkey to Spain and Greece .. while we are working on heavier engine.

Turkey does operate F5 as a Lead In Trainer and aerobatic display aircraft..
This is cockpit of Turkish F5B-2000
96097_1354198008.jpg

People can laugh but tgese are steps in the right direction.

You have to start somewhere

Its why the JF 17 programme is so good for Pakistan we have full control of a programme from start to finish with the added bonus of a more developed chinese military industrial complex to push for support

Iran is doing it totally on its own from scratch

Is there are particular reason why iran isnt jumping onto a Platform like JF 17?

Is it politics, finance, unsuitable plane

its enough for ground missions.. bombing out some mountain rats and against their enemies in syria since they have no air force its enough and cost efficient to bomb them with this plane..

if its really build in Iran then they achieved something that may help them for training and what I mentioned before

I do not know how hard it would be and how long it would take to reverse engineer F14 as much as possible so saying it would be better to have that than a upgraded local produced F5 may be a daydream or take to long..

against F16 or better Iran should get some modern chinese planes in combination with many different sams since china buys now iranan oil this may work

This is a LIFT plane as far as I know.
However, in terms of resource management, also it can be used as a light attack jet. Therefore, this policy is very rational.

Aero L-39 Albatros Czechoslovakia in 1960s
l-39s-of-the-new-great-game-former-soviet-l-39-albatroses-over-russia-the-caucasus-central-asia-and-beyond-540-p.jpg

F/A-259 Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) + AERO in 2020s
20180719082104_2018-045.jpg

dumb Israeilis .... dont you want to learn from saudis!!!!!!

PS: US currently evaluate this plane's new variant.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...d-l-159-light-attack-jets-to-the-u-s-military

Last edited:
Complete upgrade package for Tigers of Singapore Air Force by Elbit Systems ...
Yeah i know what it is, What i don't understand is that an Israeli is making fun of Kowsar, And in response you are posting a picture of Israelis upgrade package for Singapore Air Force Tigers! What are you trying to say?

Yeah i know what it is, What i don't understand is that an Israeli is making fun of Kowsar, And in response you are posting a picture of Israelis upgrade package for Singapore Air Force Tigers! What are you trying to say?
When we made an upgraded version of F5. it is some junk from cold war era . but when they do it is state of art!...

Alas Iran does not have anything remotely close to these systems.

how do you know professor?!

Back
Top Bottom