What's new

Iran, Turkey, Pakistan to bolster railway cooperation

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TEHRAN - Iranian, Turkish and Pakistani railway authorities have called for boosting cooperation and increasing the number of trains on the Islamabad-Tehran-Ankara route, said the head of the Iranian Railways Company, Abdolali Saheb-Mohammadi.

He made the remarks on the sidelines of the 11th meeting of heads of railway organizations of the Economic Cooperation Organization, which was held on June 27-28, 2012 in Ankara, the IRNA News Agency reported.

He also said that the three sides agreed to reduce custom charges in order to encourage the private sector to invest in this field.

Participants in the meeting underlined the necessity of expanding railway infrastructure in the three countries.

ECO is an intergovernmental regional organization that was established in 1985 by Iran, Pakistan and Turkey, which provides a platform to promote economic, technical and cultural cooperation among member states.

The organization was expanded in 1992 to include seven new members, including Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

Iran, Turkey, Pakistan to bolster railway cooperation - Tehran Times

Blood brothers in arms

image.axd

These 3 countries has a great millitary history. The nations are truly fighter nations but sad that one of the 3 is not trustable otherwise with good co-orporation we could be a great power. Anyway, good project. The ways must be easy to go to Pakistan from Turkey. I want to visit Pakistan really.

These 3 countries has a great millitary history. The nations are truly fighter nations but sad that one of the 3 is not trustable otherwise with good co-orporation we could be a great power. Anyway, good project. The ways must be easy to go to Pakistan from Turkey. I want to visit Pakistan really.
Which one is not trustable? And please wait before you come Pakistan, currently some places are bit unsafe but in future they will improve. And make sure you visit Islamabad!, truly amazing cities in the north.

Ḥashshāshīn;3127789 said:
Which one is not trustable? And please wait before you come Pakistan, currently some places are bit unsafe but in future they will improve. And make sure you visit Islamabad!, truly amazing cities in the north.

No. No reason to tell.

Yes i hope one day i will see my brothers country insha Allah! Dont know if Pakistani has nice food :P

good project. i wish even india gets involved. this will get more capital infusement due to huge combined GDP and then we can talk bullet train. once it happens i can go to turkey within a day. :)

good project. i wish even india gets involved. this will get more capital infusement due to huge combined GDP and then we can talk bullet train. once it happens i can go to turkey within a day. :)

We know that won't happen.

If I'm right you already have a Istanbul-Tehran route. So now they want to expand the railway to Islamabad? Sounds great.

Pakistan uses Indian broad gauge whereas Iran has standard gauge, isn't there a difficulty because of that.

Back
Top Bottom