What's new

Iran to Purchase Sukhoi-30 Fighter Jets From Russia

Current situation reminds me of this picture.
It just becomes more and more possible. (Let beside the delivery numbers)

yakc8w8nuhx7osc3p0ae.jpg

Suddenly now, anything is possible.

In the interview above the def minister even refers to getting S-400 air defense system.

Buying these birds is essential and a must due to shortcoming of our exhausted and old air force but just to catch our breath again and meanwhile to work on a domestic project ... I hope so ...

Good choice. Iran need to overhaul its airforce fleet and flankers are just awesome. Iran should try to licence produce flankers at home if they intend to buy Su-30 in good numbers.

Good choice. Iran need to overhaul its airforce fleet and flankers are just awesome. Iran should try to licence produce flankers at home if they intend to buy Su-30 in good numbers.

Not only that, but as more countries start operating these birds, and if Iran even starts partial manufacturing of them, this would create a global supply and consumer chain, making the birds more economical to operate as cost per bird and cost per spare part comes down. Economies of scale will guarantee it.

Therefore every one will benefit.

its more expensive , and USA and Arabs and Israel will put more pressure on Russia about Su-35 ( because it is more advanced than most of their 4th gen fighters ) ....
and we can upgrade 30 to su 35 later ...

from our experience , we don't need super maneuverability ( 3d vector thrust engines ) , we just need an strong radar with reliable missiles to hunt down other fighters ...

Su30 new version would be lesser to none. It's the world beater. I guess and wish Iran could get Indian version with 3D TV. Same like SM made out of MKI

I think if we go forth and buy these aircraft then majority of inventory of our Air to Air missiles and Air launched smart bombs become useless unless they go under serious redesigning in electronics. .as they are designed for American aircraft .

No need. Iranian F-4s and F-5s are not going to be retired any time soon. plus Iranian domestic fighter projects will be continued and iran uses those armament and technologies that earned before and new technologies in those domestic projects.

No need. Iranian F-4s and F-5s are not going to be retired any time soon. plus Iranian domestic fighter projects will be continued and iran uses those armament and technologies that earned before and new technologies in those domestic projects.

Even we are getting rid of F4-Terminator until 2020, our F4 are the most deadly of the world but the plane is old. Fatigeu will cost your pilots life, 40 years service is very very much for the fighter.

Iran will buy with ToT or wiht out ToT. Russia will grab your balls..:-)

Even we are getting rid of F4-Terminator until 2020, our F4 are the most deadly of the world but the plane is old. Fatigeu will cost your pilots life, 40 years service is very very much for the fighter.

Iran will buy with ToT or wiht out ToT. Russia will grab your balls..:-)

definitely iran will buy at least several tens of plans. no doubt in it. like civil fleet, air force also needs hundreds new planes and i dont think that Iran will be able to renew all its fleet in near future, it costs much.
about old f4s and .. Iran has no other choice. just 2 days ago IRIAF received new domestic Nasr cruise missile for its F-4s.
despite to fatigue, probably these old planes will be used only in air to ground missions.
I can not determine a date but i guess they will be in service for the next several years.

wondering why Turkish f4' fleet are crashing time to time despite they are upgraded by israel.. shall we consider some conspiracy theories?

definitely iran will buy at least several tens of plans. no doubt in it. like civil fleet, air force also needs hundreds new planes and i dont think that Iran will be able to renew all its fleet in near future, it costs much.
about old f4s and .. Iran has no other choice. just 2 days ago IRIAF received new domestic Nasr cruise missile for its F-4s.
despite to fatigue, probably these old planes will be used only in air to ground missions.
I can not determine a date but i guess they will be in service for the next several years.

wondering why Turkish f4' fleet are crashing time to time despite they are upgraded by israel.. shall we consider some conspiracy theories?

Our F4 fleet is the best in the world, we have our own systems and mission computers. They are really maintained super, the only thing is a difficult plane to fly. Most of the crash is pilots fault, we don't have problems with fatiqeu and the Israel modernized systems are all outdated and are replaced with Turkish systems. Still it is a 40 years old plane, and must be replaced within 4 years. Previous year we have put a squadron F4 out of service and this will be more coming years.

Our F4 fleet is the best in the world, we have our own systems and mission computers. They are really maintained super, the only thing is a difficult plane to fly. Most of the crash is pilots fault, we don't have problems with fatiqeu and the Israel modernized systems are all outdated and are replaced with Turkish systems. Still it is a 40 years old plane, and must be replaced within 4 years. Previous year we have put a squadron F4 out of service and this will be more coming years.

will be interesting to know more about turkish upgraded on your F-4s.

inshallah replacing will reduce the humans fault and save more pilot lives.

by buying Su 30 and using Kowsar 88 , we can retire some aircraft like F5, F7 , Mig 23 , Mig 29 , Su 22 , Mirage F1 and probably , Su 24 .... that mean we will save so much money by retiring old planes ( from maintenance budget to pilot and tecnical crew training and buying suitable weapons for these aircrafts ) ...
in this case our Air force can concentrate it effort to tactic and building new missiles for F14s and F4s and probably Su 30 ....

all of this are simple words IF we can buy su 30 !!!!

That is what I am saying. That Iran should learn from India and get a production line and not just a few planes manufactured in Russia and then remain dependent on Russia forever for spares and overhauls etc.

It is better to learn fishing than to buy the fish. Specially if your country is prone to be sanctioned every now and then.
The next 5 years, Iran will need to spend to strengthen the defense and the modernization of its army infrostruktry. What would be in 5 years to get just 32-48 aircraft. Russia is currently at the "Irkut" capable of doing 50 aircraft per year. If we assume, for 5 years Kazakhstan to re-buy 21 Su-30cm, the Russian Air Force has re-buy 60 Su-30cm. Algeria re-buy 22 Su-30MKA, Malaysia 24 Su-30MKI. It is not known how many will buy the Russian Navy, 24 or 32. 91 free car. But it is not known to other customers, such as Belarus, Armenia and other countries
Add to this another 60 sets Su-30MKI fighters to India.
Add to this the 32 Yak-130 in Bangladesh, 36 in Syria
Of those countries that can move up in order istrebitelya- Kazakhstan and the Russian Air Force. I will do so. Russia will send a part of the contract on Su-30cm KNAAZ Su-35S.
Something like this. In general, Iran is available for a maximum of 30-32 aircraft for the next 5 years. 24 even likely.

Therefore, you can not worry about Iran is not much to spend money on the Su-30cm :)
About Su-35cm similar situation. Each year KNAAZ can do 24 aircraft over the next 5 years, and 5 years 35-40.
The first 90 aircraft are already loaded%)
Hmm, I've found. It looks like the aircraft for India, which are going to HAL of kits, they are not among the Irkut orders.

Last edited:
The next 5 years, Iran will need to spend to strengthen the defense and the modernization of its army infrostruktry. What would be in 5 years to get just 32-48 aircraft. Russia is currently at the "Irkut" capable of doing 40 aircraft per year. If we assume, for 5 years Kazakhstan to re-buy 21 Su-30cm, the Russian Air Force has re-buy 60 Su-30cm. Algeria re-buy 22 Su-30MKA, Malaysia 24 Su-30MKI. It remains free to 73 aircraft. It is not known how many will buy the Russian Navy, 24 or 32. 41 free car. But it is not known to other customers, such as Belarus, Armenia and other countries
Add to this another 60 sets Su-30MKI fighters to India.
As a result, not enough even 19 cars)
Of those countries that can move up in order istrebitelya- Kazakhstan and the Russian Air Force. I will do so. Russia will send a part of the contract on Su-30cm KNAAZ Su-35S. Kazakhstan will order the Yak-130, preparing them for the pilots is already more advanced Su-35S.
Something like this. In general, Iran is available for a maximum of 30-32 aircraft for the next 5 years. 24 even likely.

Therefore, you can not worry about Iran is not much to spend money on the Su-30cm :)
About Su-35cm similar situation. Each year KNAAZ can do 24 aircraft over the next 5 years, and 5 years 35-40.
The first 90 aircraft are already loaded%)

Negative.

With oil prices so low, Iran can't make big moves.

XZzMuAd.jpg

I hope the agreement is similar to Indian agreement with Russia for co-production of the planes and not like the Su-30 agreement Venezuela had done with Russia, wherein just a few planes are bought from originating country with no transfer of technology.
It is. In the recent defense minister interview he mentioned it will be in the form of technology transfer/assembly in Iran.

Oh boy! imagine that.

its more expensive , and USA and Arabs and Israel will put more pressure on Russia about Su-35 ( because it is more advanced than most of their 4th gen fighters ) ....
and we can upgrade 30 to su 35 later ...

from our experience , we don't need super maneuverability ( 3d vector thrust engines ) , we just need an strong radar with reliable missiles to hunt down other fighters ...
Sukhoi 30 maneuverability is still kind of unique. It can do Cobra rise maneuver and break off Dupler system lock.

Just yesterday my source told me Iran would be getting one batch of Mig35s, and 2 more later .
I think he mixed up.
Iranian members it could very well be Su35 not Su30.

Also make sure you talk about the spares, with the Russians very strictly . That would help in long run. Also best of luck and congratulations.
It is definitely Su-30. The defense minister confirmed it. The number purchased was not disclosed. However it will be an upgraded one with the latest avionics and radars.

Watch 24:00

«حتی تعداد جنگنده‌های سوخوی-30 که قرار است خریداری کنیم، مشخص شده است»، افزود: «فعلاً تعداد این جنگنده‌ها را اعلام نمی‌کنیم... (به روس‌ها) گفتیم با همکاری و شراکت باید در ساخت و تولید (این جنگنده‌ها) نیز شرکت کنیم.»

21:45 ham migeh qaher mordeh beh donya omad!

So it is official, it is going to be some sort of ToT with Iran taking part in its production.

Though what kind, it is yet to be seen.
I think he said they will first work on Kosar training jet which is more urgent. For the other one you mentioned he said they have started preliminary talks to start working on after Kosar project is complete.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom