What's new

Iran to dispatch 28th naval flotilla to India

even IN corvettes are bigger than that
I agree to that,but its upto them i.e the navy operating'em to designate them. Some of IN's destroyers have less tonnage than our own frigate.
Besides,with these,Iran doing a great job for a country bound with sanctions.

sure brother , thank u all ... :wub:

So much brotherly love in this thread :yahoo:

Also we have another nanval port in Cochin, Kerala.

If you have the time and money, do visit my home state, it is really beautiful.

I always has been interested in Persian history. Cyrus the Great FTW.

Iran India allies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 58
Iran India allies
Nice pic dude..thanks for all of your support....It is crucial for India to make sure it can reach out to people of Iran..This is a significant way to increase relation between the 2 nations...

Welcome to India... Iran will always remain a friend... as they has been for 1000 years...

Actually Iran is the first country that recognized Pakistan after independence and Iran helped Pakistan with military hardware in the 1965 War against India.

India did back stab Iran many times vote against Iran's Nuclear Program at the UN:
US thanks India for its support in IAEA vote on Iran nuclear issue
India votes against Iran in IAEA resolution - The Hindu

Are Iranians too goofy or the Indians too slick to pull this off. Friend for a 1000 years, ya right......

80927094-5262366.jpg

Commander of the Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari

Commander of the Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the country will dispatch its 28th Naval Flotilla to western Indian port city of Mumbai tomorrow.

Speaking in the southeastern Iranian city of Sirjan on Wednesday, Sayyari stated that the flotilla comprises Alborz destroyer, Bandar Abbas warship, Jomhouri-e Islami submarine as well as a helicopter, and seeks to further enhance interaction between the two countries and protect Iran’s interests.

He further noted that Iranian naval forces conducted six security missions in international waters as well as the Gulf of Aden, and engaged in exchanges of fire with pirates last month.

Sayyari stated that Iranian marines are forcefully and effectively protecting the Islamic Republic’s interests at sea, and that Jomhouri-e Islami warship joined the Iranian Navy fleet earlier this week.

“A number of helicopters have also been overhauled and repaired, and joined maritime lines. Two missile-launching warships Neyzeh (Spear) and Tabarzin (Battle Axe) joined the Navy fleet in Bushehr. We seek more gear and equipment on all our missions,” Sayyari pointed out.

On November 23, Sayyari said Iran’s 27th naval flotilla had returned from its 95-day mission in the high seas.

A day later, the Iranian Navy launched newly-overhauled Neyzeh and Tabarzin missile-launching warships as well as Sirjan auxiliary ship.

The navigating and radar systems of the three vessels as well as their defensive capacity have reportedly been improved.

In recent years, Iran’s Navy has been increasing its presence in international waters to protect naval routes and provide security for merchant vessels and tankers.

In line with international efforts to combat piracy, the Iranian Navy has also been conducting anti-piracy patrols in the Gulf of Aden since November 2008 to safeguard the vessels involved in maritime trade, especially the ships and oil tankers owned or leased by Iran.

:victory:

@KRAIT @Srinivas @Echo_419

Well come Mr. Admiral Habibollah Sayyari

Actually Iran is the first country that recognized Pakistan after independence and Iran helped Pakistan with military hardware in the 1965 War against India.

India did back stab Iran many times vote against Iran's Nuclear Program at the UN:

Are Iranians too goofy or the Indians too slick to pull this off. Friend for a 1000 years, ya right......
India kept trading with Iran and then just reduce some import but didn't give in to US and EU pressure. We also have close relations with Israel. Still we kept the trade.

Whereas Pakistan didn't build there part of IP pipeline due to pressure of Pakistan.

:lol:

All this military stuff is fine, but what I would really like to see is more cooperation in science and technology field, research, education, university tie ups, exchange programs, between India and Iran.

The potential is immense. People don't realise the quality and depth of talent in Iran until they work with Iranian students. I have had chance to interact with a couple of Iranian students during my masters and had Iranian PhD students as my tutors during my bachelors, totally changed my impression about Iran. You d be surprised how similar Iranian students are to their Indian counterparts.

I hope the government in both countries get a move on, pool our resources together and make it happen. Business and Military ties come and go, they don't last, its the flow of knowledge and ideas between cultures and nations which always stand the test of time.

Apologies for the off topic post, oh and a warm welcome to the Iranian navy. :enjoy:

Iranians understand the concept of realpolitik, only if Pakistan did too. :pakistan:

Iran is usually always first to recognize new countries. Many former Soviet Union nations that gained independence from Russia Iran was first to recognize. Iran recognized nation of Azarbaijan even before Turkey did.

Zionist regime is totally a illegitimate regime that is formed by killing and forcing out muslims from thier own land.We should look at thier murders! that has done with muslims in 70 years ago at muslims country.They are not human and are doomed.
:victory::victory::victory:

Zionist regime is totally a illegitimate regime that is formed by killing and forcing out muslims from thier own land.We should look at thier murders! that has done with muslims in 70 years ago at muslims country.They are not human and are doomed.
:victory::victory::victory:

How does your statement is related with this thread...???

awwwww gettin butt hurt

Iran is usually always first to recognize new countries. Many former Soviet Union nations that gained independence from Russia Iran was first to recognize. Iran recognized nation of Azarbaijan even before Turkey did.

As @Roybot mentioned, Iran and India should expand their cooperation in terms of science, technology, culture and education.

I have heard Iranians place a high premium on getting themselves educated

Back
Top Bottom