What's new

Iran to dispatch 28th naval flotilla to India

What flotilla?

1- What's the role of this fleet?

2- Which of IRN's ships are involved? What are their displacements? What are their armaments?

Currently in the area, besides SNMG-1 and CTF-508, by January 2014, SNMG-2 will also be operating in the HOA, close to Iranian coastlines. That it'll be the first time that entire maritime assets of NRF except for STRIKFORNATO, WILL BE OPERATING on the same area of responsibility.

I think that's the real reason behind this act.

Looks like they are here to get there monnies.

I asked Iranian Naval strength details... can some one educate me???

80927094-5262366.jpg

Commander of the Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari

Commander of the Iranian Navy Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the country will dispatch its 28th Naval Flotilla to western Indian port city of Mumbai tomorrow.

Speaking in the southeastern Iranian city of Sirjan on Wednesday, Sayyari stated that the flotilla comprises Alborz destroyer, Bandar Abbas warship, Jomhouri-e Islami submarine as well as a helicopter, and seeks to further enhance interaction between the two countries and protect Iran’s interests.

He further noted that Iranian naval forces conducted six security missions in international waters as well as the Gulf of Aden, and engaged in exchanges of fire with pirates last month.

Sayyari stated that Iranian marines are forcefully and effectively protecting the Islamic Republic’s interests at sea, and that Jomhouri-e Islami warship joined the Iranian Navy fleet earlier this week.

“A number of helicopters have also been overhauled and repaired, and joined maritime lines. Two missile-launching warships Neyzeh (Spear) and Tabarzin (Battle Axe) joined the Navy fleet in Bushehr. We seek more gear and equipment on all our missions,” Sayyari pointed out.

On November 23, Sayyari said Iran’s 27th naval flotilla had returned from its 95-day mission in the high seas.

A day later, the Iranian Navy launched newly-overhauled Neyzeh and Tabarzin missile-launching warships as well as Sirjan auxiliary ship.

The navigating and radar systems of the three vessels as well as their defensive capacity have reportedly been improved.

In recent years, Iran’s Navy has been increasing its presence in international waters to protect naval routes and provide security for merchant vessels and tankers.

In line with international efforts to combat piracy, the Iranian Navy has also been conducting anti-piracy patrols in the Gulf of Aden since November 2008 to safeguard the vessels involved in maritime trade, especially the ships and oil tankers owned or leased by Iran.

:victory:

@KRAIT @Srinivas @Echo_419

Woww.that Admiral is really impressive.
Welcome to India.Long live India-Iran friendship

I asked Iranian Naval strength details... can some one educate me???

iranian regular navy consisting of destroyers , frigates , big supply ships , transporting vessels , ....

Islamic Republic of Iran Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

irgc navy consisting of merely defensive fast boat attack ships , BASM (khalig fars ballistic missile) , ASHMs , ......
Navy of the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iranian navy vs us navy :
The Growing Threat of Iran's Sea Power - US News and World Report

to shorten it , iranian navy has a dream of becoming a blue water navy in future , but for now irgc has the mission to protect iranian coasts and regular navy has the mission to protect iranian interests in high seas ....

i'll be honored to answer any question .

Woww.that Admiral is really impressive.
Welcome to India.Long live India-Iran friendship

tnx brother , thanks for your hospitality :wub:

Actually Iran is the first country that recognized Pakistan after independence and Iran helped Pakistan with military hardware in the 1965 War against India.

India did back stab Iran many times vote against Iran's Nuclear Program at the UN:
US thanks India for its support in IAEA vote on Iran nuclear issue
India votes against Iran in IAEA resolution - The Hindu

Are Iranians too goofy or the Indians too slick to pull this off. Friend for a 1000 years, ya right......

Iran leaders in 1965 is in favour to west and India is in favour to USSR,so you may get what I mean.
But after 1979 Iranian Revolution west influence in Iran completely disappeared,.
But even this US-EU sanctions India maintained a minimum trade with Iran,something that pakistan cant do with IP pipeline.

The possibilities of co-operation between India and Iran are enormous. If Iran can get the US off its back over the nuclear issue and get all sanctions removed, our militaries can learn allot from each other. I have to admit that I admire Irans ability to reverse engineer its weapon systems. I wish India could do that (Imagine 200 Indian built Mirage 2000's for example).

Actually Iran is the first country that recognized Pakistan after independence and Iran helped Pakistan with military hardware in the 1965 War against India.

India did back stab Iran many times vote against Iran's Nuclear Program at the UN:
India votes against Iran in IAEA resolution - The Hindu

Are Iranians too goofy or the Indians too slick to pull this off. Friend for a 1000 years, ya right......

Read up more brother before you write three bold sentences.. Going by your short sighted logic i guess in 2008 Pakistan didnt support China in a vote against Syria ( I might screw up the dates here).. Now that means they are not friends Right???

Read up more brother before you write three bold sentences.. Going by your short sighted logic i guess in 2008 Pakistan didnt support China in a vote against Syria ( I might screw up the dates here).. Now that means they are not friends Right???

Thats because ths Shah was closer to the West and Pakistan was in Cento.

Back
Top Bottom