What's new

Iran State TV Airs New Footage Of of Hormuz Anti Radiation Missile

That is a Nimitz Class carrier which rolls with aegis class destroyers armed with SM-3 interceptor missiles. The missile may never make to the carrier and the retaliatory strike may be too much for Iran to handle.
The retaliation doesn't matter because Iran will not be the first one to shoot first bullet towards U.S. If they attack Iran, we will strike back however we can and then it's war, both sides will do whatever they can.

Thats old news; we don't support Iran anymore ever since @Serpentine and I are battling it out with each other for the hand-in-marriage of the same Persian lady ! :mad:
You greedy one! Everyday you are fighting with someone over a lady! I'll finish you off once and forever so all ladies will be able to take a calming breath in. :D

Last edited:
Try the video in stop-motion (or just pause/unpause from :54 to :56)... no missile hits the building (in the times previously specified as a later angle does show a missile)! And at :58 to :59 an explosion happens prior to the weapon hitting the target, which isn't uncommon for an anti-radiation missile, but why too does the building get up-heaved? Also, the explosion is far too large for a missile of that size.

@Sinan @rmi5 @F-15I can you see a missile in the video?

Also, please keep in mind I'm not bashing Iran or its accomplishments (I very much respect their military and the professionalism of their Navy in particular), I just want to make sure that all information being presented is accurate... and Iran has had a problem with this in the past.
ِDude, the guy claims a 5 Mach speed for the missile, if a rate of 30 frames per second to be considered for that video, then that leads to a one shot of the missile in it's each 50 meters travel, considering a maximum of 2 meters height for that target box, the long shot frame in that video barely covers an area of 20 meters height, simply to sum it up; if you got lucky you could have just one shot of the missile before the impact.

Sorry dude, but those questions arise when you are not a genius.:lol:
Just kidding bro.

Last edited:
ِDude, the guy claims a 5 Mach speed for the missile, if a rate of 30 frames per second to be considered for that video, then that leads to a one shot of the missile in it's each 50 meters travel, considering a maximum of 2 meters height for that target box, the long shot frame in that video barely covers an area of 20 meters height, simply to sum it up; if you got lucky you could have just one shot of the missile before the impact.

Sorry dude, but those questions arise when you are not a genius.:lol:
Just kidding bro.
The 2 meter height for the target box is way too short. The hormuz missile itself is about 9 meters (assuming it is the same size as the Khalij Fars missile). If you use the size of the missile, the frames are fairly consistent with the announced speed.

A smart system, you cant hit moving target. Bu stationary target maybe can get hit. So its a ballistic missile with a radar on the front. Is it possible with that speed and altitude to hit a radarstation?

Last edited:
As i specified earlier. Attacking a US carrier would have consequences Iranian military may not be able to sustain.

They can, by detecting the missile before it even takes off!
If by any chance a full scale war unleashes then Iran won,t afraid of any retaliations.. and Iranian commanders are nto dumb..they know already how to hit or retaliate if necessary.. Iran has many lethal weapons too... why do you see all stuff black and white? If it was all those nimitz or bilitz class boats so unbeatable so why they always make reports of weaknesses Western fleets have in Iranian southern waters? why they hesitate too much of get iran to its knees while they can? Even the best Anti-missile defence systems has some percentage of failure in front of coming threats.. I don,t say US navy is nothing..but I can,t say Iranian counter masses are nothing too... and at best of you are smart you can say I GUESS it would be like this... coz you,re not either Iranian navy commander to know every capability of Iran and nor American counterpart to guess close to reality... let us put aside all the UNEXPECTEDNESS of Iranian military tactics and equipment.. This is one lethal weapon itself not knowing what to expect in case of a real war.. Thanks for being fair my nice and kind friend... and God bless you

Tnx.

the huge missile impact is due to 1- High explosive warhead 2-kinetic energy
exactly... at least half of impact damages is becoz of huge kinetic energy and beside Iran uses UE warheads in all its missiles... I heard somewhere in a magazine in Iran that current explosives in Iranian missiles are 50 times more powerful than last generation

I have same observation regarding explosion, the way earth erupts on such scale, it looks like a kind of buried dynamite explosion

Try the video in stop-motion (or just pause/unpause from :54 to :56)... no missile hits the building (in the times previously specified as a later angle does show a missile)! And at :58 to :59 an explosion happens prior to the weapon hitting the target, which isn't uncommon for an anti-radiation missile, but why too does the building get up-heaved? Also, the explosion is far too large for a missile of that size.

@Sinan @rmi5 @F-15I can you see a missile in the video?

Also, please keep in mind I'm not bashing Iran or its accomplishments (I very much respect their military and the professionalism of their Navy in particular), I just want to make sure that all information being presented is accurate... and Iran has had a problem with this in the past.

I have same observation regarding explosion, the way earth erupts on such scale, it looks like a kind of buried dynamite explosion
It must be because they really buried exlosions and that missile didn,t hit the target and it is all photoshop as Iran used to do earlier.. Good for enemies bad for us then... I,m so worried now.. Even when I look at some Hiroshima, Nakazaki nuke bombing I find countless IFs and BUTs that nobody responded..but the fact is, the city has burned and many japs were killed or got urphaned... you will get my point my friend if you are as smart as I guess... Pakistanis are smart so I expect no less... God bless you my brother and be fair

why are becoming so sentimental, what I stated is my observation.

It must be because they really buried exlosions and that missile didn,t hit the target and it is all photoshop as Iran used to do earlier.. Good for enemies bad for us then... I,m so worried now.. Even when I look at some Hiroshima, Nakazaki nuke bombing I find countless IFs and BUTs that nobody responded..but the fact is, the city has burned and many japs were killed or got urphaned... you will get my point my friend if you are as smart as I guess... Pakistanis are smart so I expect no less... God bless you my brother and be fair

Back
Top Bottom