What's new

Iran sends 185 tons of weapons to Yemen

Yeh but it wont be instigated from inside... civil war in Saudi will be instigated from outside with help of people inside.

precisely why they spend around 10% of their GDP on defense

Saudi Arabia has become too economically and militarily powerful to achieve anything of that sort.

Keep dreaming Parsi...
100% true

We do! And guess what? Our dreams have a way of coming true...

enjoy

Saudi Arabia has become too economically and militarily powerful to achieve anything of that sort.

If the percentage of budget spent on defence and the size of one's military were enough to prevent internal unrest, then the Soviet Union would still be standing today! So there must be other factors at work here...

If the percentage of budget spent on defence and the size of one's military were enough to prevent internal unrest, then the Soviet Union would still be standing today! So there must be other factors at work here...

if you could read the rest of what I wrote , specially about economy

Soviet Union collapsed due to economic collapse.

if you could read the rest of what I wrote , specially about economy

Soviet Union collapsed due to economic collapse.

You've got a point about the economy. But even in that regard, in my opinion they are more vulnerable than people give them credit for. Western economies are in full recovery mode, and oil prices remain at ~$40/barrel. Basically, if prices keep the same level as they have recently, SA will have to make some changes, somewhere along the way. Either the military or the social contract, with students going abroad at the cost of thousands of $s a month, just to learn English, will have to suffer. In ether case, SA will be weakened.

But that's mostly conjecture on my part and i don't have the latest data on that subject. So I may very well be wrong.

But just to give you a point of contrast, Iran is right now selling 1M Barrels/day, for which I'm not sure if they're getting fully paid or not. So in my opinion, Iran will be a lot more immune to these price fluctuations than the Saudis.

You've got a point about the economy. But even in that regard, in my opinion they are more vulnerable than people give them credit for. Western economies are in full recovery mode, and oil prices remain at ~$40/barrel. Basically, if prices keep the same level as they have recently, SA will have to make some changes, somewhere along the way. Either the military or the social contract, with students going abroad at the cost of thousands of $s a month, just to learn English, will have to suffer. In ether case, SA will be weakened.

But that's mostly conjecture on my part and i don't have the latest data on that subject. So I may very well be wrong.

But just to give you a point of contrast, Iran is right now selling 1M Barrels/day, for which I'm not sure if they're getting fully paid or not. So in my opinion, Iran will be a lot more immune to these price fluctuations than the Saudis.

Iran is not much different from Saudi Arabia ,

Iran

OEC: Iran (IRN) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

Saudi Arabia

OEC: Saudi Arabia (SAU) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

just because Iran produces less doesn't mean it will be impacted less
both economies are driven by natural resource exports.

Saudi Arabia however can by itself and together with other countries control the market for oil
and its massive reserves which total more than Iran's total GDP can keep them going for sometime.

Iran is not much different from Saudi Arabia ,

Iran

OEC: Iran (IRN) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

Saudi Arabia

OEC: Saudi Arabia (SAU) Profile of Exports, Imports and Trade Partners

just because Iran produces less doesn't mean it will be impacted less
both economies are driven by natural resource exports.

Saudi Arabia however can by itself and together with other countries control the market for oil
and its massive reserves which total more than Iran's total GDP can keep them going for sometime.

You do realize that since a few years Iran is not able to receive payments for its oil sales in hard currency, due to being kicked out of SWIFT? Do you have any idea what that means? That basically kills Iran's oil sales to a large extent.

And yet Iranians haven't rolled over and died. In fact, the US Dollar has been holding steady against the Iranian Rial since about 2 years and Iran has been even more involved in regional issues since then. So I would say there's something amiss in your calculus...

You do realize that since a few years Iran is not able to receive payments for its oil sales in hard currency, due to being kicked out of SWIFT? Do you have any idea what that means? That basically kills Iran's oil sales to a large extent.

And yet Iranians haven't rolled over and died. In fact, the US Dollar has been holding steady against the Iranian Rial since about 2 years and Iran has been even more involved in regional issues since then. So I would say there's something amiss in your calculus...

I was pointing more towards the relevance of oil to Iranian economy compared to Saudi Arabia.

During such times you obviously won't expect for population to suddenly become homeless , however there is a real effect on Iranian economy with its lowered production to 1.3 mbd and requires a price of $130 to balance its budget

Like I said Saudi Arabia being the leader of OPEC virtually controls the market and has more than enough reserves to cover its current deficit.

We will see :)

Keep dreaming Parsi... Civil war in Iran is more expected than in KSA

100% true
Be quiet jew turk. We are new neighbours of Saudi Wahabia now ... Wahabias need yet to become our neighbours ;)

I was pointing more towards the relevance of oil to Iranian economy compared to Saudi Arabia.

During such times you obviously won't expect for population to suddenly become homeless , however there is a real effect on Iranian economy with its lowered production to 1.3 mbd and requires a price of $130 to balance its budget

Like I said Saudi Arabia being the leader of OPEC virtually controls the market and has more than enough reserves to cover its current deficit.

Saudi oil market share and export volumes are immaterial to this discussion. The question is will they be able to balance their budget at current revenue levels. I don't believe so. But I know they have large currency reserves. So they shouldn't feel worried for the time being. But this can, and will become an issue if prices persist in the medium to long term. Nobody wants to live on their savings to the last penny.

Another factor is that Saudis don't have a large enough internal market or a relatively developed industrial and agricultural sector, to cushion against the hit. So to use a hyperbole, if they don't sell oil, they don't eat.

Iran is a whole other animal, altogether! Even though grossly mismanaged, the economy does have a relatively developed industrial, agricultural, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, etc... sectors. The government used to subsidize basic commodities for all Iranians. Which constituted a large portion of their liabilities every year. Since a few years ago, they have dropped that policy (under Ahmadinejad) and have allowed the price of these commodities float to a large extent. And even though, the immediate shock was felt by the poorer classes of the Iranian society, most people agree that it was the right thing to do. And it has been received far better than anticipated.

So all that to say that relatively speaking, the Iranian economy is far less dependent on oil money, compared to that of SA.

We will see :)

Be quiet jew turk. We are new neighbours of Saudi Wahabia now ... Wahabias need yet to become our neighbours ;)

Hey... be nice.:disagree: you can make your point without insulting others.... otherwise, this place will turn into a zoo

what is happening in libya ?

Iran back-stabbed Gaddafi's regime and came out in support for the rebels in Libya.
Ali Akbar Salehi: We have been aiding the Libyan revolutionaries

what is happening in egypt ?

One of the few countries Iran could not pry their beaks in. Although Iranian mullahs have had for a long time maintained a sort of connection with the Muslim Brotherhood.

lol. you are sleepy. due to habit just drag shia and iran without knowing anything.

I'm sleepy? Get off the computer and take a nap. You've been shilling too long, kiddo.

Iran back-stabbed Gaddafi's regime and came out in support for the rebels in Libya.

One of the few countries Iran could not pry their beaks in. Although Iranian mullahs have had for a long time maintained a sort of connection with the Muslim Brotherhood.

I'm sleepy? Get off the computer and take a nap. You've been shilling too long, kiddo.

this is part of western nato project and there are hundreds of such web sites and such garbage is fodder for the wahabi infested pakistanis too.

Rest qaddafi is enemy of shias and there is no point of backstabbing and shias are happy with the end of qaddafi who is the kidnapper of the Shiite leader Imam Musa sadr.

The one who bombed and pay the bill is saudi to remove their enemy qaddafi. you forget bombing by nato and payments by saudi. even today they bomb libya and keep turmoil.

no memory ?

Last edited:

Well hope you are aware that our next year budget is based on 40$ oil not 130$ oil.

interesting but whose army bombed Libya and who paid for that ?wasn't the answer the same as the answer in Iraq scenario

saudi is fallen and trapped in its own Net.
better take as much as militaries on rent for rainy days ahead.

Yeah, there'll be rainy days coming soon, you should take a big umbrella alot of bombs will fall on some heads.:lol:

No rain in our desert, just storms.:rolleyes:

Yeah, there'll be rainy days coming soon, you should take a big umbrella alot of bombs will fall on some heads.:lol:

No rain in our desert, just storms.:rolleyes:

I honestly see Iran check-mating you every step your royals make. Syria has been a disaster for your royals: "Prince " Bandar was dismissed for his shortcomings. Now how far are royals willing to go when intervening in Yemen will they only send weapons or will they go in and lose men like last time. Houthis are better equipped and have the yemen airforce backing them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom