What's new

Iran releases video of Operation Laylat Al-Qadr ballistic missile strikes

Iranian faith in ballistic missiles is so fascinating. The general consensus here seems to suggest there is no counter-measures to the Iranian BM? I wonder if this is just online bluster? I hope so, I like the people of Iran a lot having visited Iran several times in my youth. I hope there is no miscalculation on either side.
i think the attack on saudi arabia and the US base in iraq pretty well showed the accuracy of iranian missiles and lack of defence against it

future is pinpoint BM strikes as jets becoming useless. from where are they going to take off if the runways are destroyed?

This is not true my friend, Iranians are very aware of anti-ballistic missile systems. That is why you see a great effort to increase both the quality and quantity of Iran's missiles to help defeat these systems. Iranians are proud of what they accomplished with their ballistic missile program, and that is for a good reason. When one understands what and where Iran started from, anyone should be impressed. There was a time when Iran was struggling to get even barbed wires during the Iran-Iraq war. Something like an accurate ballistic was a distant dream. But by sweat and blood Iran achieved it.

I am not sure if you read the recent article by Uzi Rubin but he wonderfully described the shift in the perception of missile power. The world is moving away from this notion of "missile cannot win wars" and in a good part, he used Iran as the example as to why this is happening. This accurate missile strike you see in this thread is one tiny example. Here is the link to his article if you're interested:

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/israel-precision-guided-missiles/

Nowadays these ballistic missiles systems are capable of paralysing nations by pin point strikes on strategic sites. Iran has this capability and that is why you see the confidence that you do. However Iranian do not think for one second these systems are invincible.

If you have 25 minutes to spare, You can also listen to the Uzi Rubin below and his view on this Iranian methodology of warfare.

I am happy you have visited Iran and have a positive view. I can say that the vast majority of people that go to Iran are always amazed with how the reality of Iran is different to what you hear about in the media. Iranians are one of the most hospitable people on that planet. You're welcome to visit there anytime.

I saw the full Rubin interview several weeks ago - it reeks of a setup.I will just say one thing, the capability to seduce, distract, deceive all sensors and receivers has matured to the extent that a human in the kill chain is the only guarantee of a precision hit when you fight a sophisticated adversary.

Yes I enjoyed my stay in Iran, skied, played golf for the first time but unfortunately it coincided with a major earthquake and the devastation that followed.

Yes I enjoyed my stay in Iran, skied, played golf for the first time but unfortunately it coincided with a major earthquake and the devastation that followed.

You don't sound old enough to have visited Iran. Did you visit Iran before the 1979 revolution? Or was that meant to be taken as a joke or something? I don't know the context.

I saw the full Rubin interview several weeks ago - it reeks of a setup.I will just say one thing, the capability to seduce, distract, deceive all sensors and receivers has matured to the extent that a human in the kill chain is the only guarantee of a precision hit when you fight a sophisticated adversary.

I have been following Uzi Rubin's talks for many years, he is always on point and objective. I have never seen him astray from realism into the disinformation realm for propaganda purposes. There are others that resort to such a thing, but not Mr Rubin. That is why he is very well respected.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. God willing I will visit Iran myself in the near future.

You don't sound old enough to have visited Iran. Did you visit Iran before the 1979 revolution? Or was that meant to be taken as a joke or something? I don't know the context.

2003, I did not exist in 1979.

2003, I did not exist in 1979.
Yeah, I guessed.
I don't want to be nosy, but I'm curious why you visited Iran. Were you deployed in Iraq and decided to give Iran a visit or what?

You mean Pre Islam Iranic history ?

c301a75c791091cb11bf048ccce0ab4c.jpg

148.png

Sassanian_Empire_621_A.D.jpg

Or post Islam Iranian History ?

safavid-dynasty-791aa9b9-ce72-440c-a5b1-f1f0ebddcd6-resize-750.png

main-qimg-3771b4690ae9a4f861e3a08f0baa1b38

Out of our 8000 years old history starting from Iranian neolithic farmers INF we have been subject to foreign middle eastern influence for 160 odd years by Arabs who btw share the middle eastern region with us. We ourselves colonized the entire region for thousand years.

Your region own was colonized by Iranics and Turkics for a millennia who changed your religion, identity and even genetics probably for the better. Instead of BS filled sectarian trolling, acknowledge the history.

Do u know a fun fact about ur history??? The safavid empire converted a 90℅ sunni majority iran into a 90℅ shia majority. Just because u been forcefully converted and changed does not mean others are docile like u. We have every sect and religion here, which shows Independence of people in choosing their religion/sect. Religion/sect cannot be forced on every nation, like its been forced on iranians.

Do u know a fun fact about ur history??? The safavid empire converted a 90℅ sunni majority iran into a 90℅ shia majority. Just because u been forcefully converted and changed does not mean others are docile like u. We have every sect and religion here, which shows Independence of people in choosing their religion/sect. Religion/sect cannot be forced on every nation, like its been forced on iranians.
in iran everyone has their religion no one bothers the other person about religion. we consider ourselves iranian first.

I have been following Uzi Rubin's talks for many years, he is always on point and objective. I have never seen him astray from realism into the disinformation realm for propaganda purposes. There are others that resort to such a thing, but not Mr Rubin. That is why he is very well respected.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. God willing I will visit Iran myself in the near future.

Please research the developments in missile defense and counter measures. A sophisticated adversary isn't going to reveal its true capabilities in a minor skirmish. Its easy to counter Rubin's point of view if you actually understand how sensors, navigation, INS, relievers, radar and radio communications work.

For instance, jamming GPS, Beidou or GLOSNASS is easy, seducing or distracting IR or radar receivers is easy. When all the above fails then hard kill comes into play.

Yeah, I guessed.
I don't want to be nosy, but I'm curious why you visited Iran. Were you deployed in Iraq and decided to give Iran a visit or what?

my father worked in Iran, I lived with my mom and sister in Dubai. Mostly because my mom could not go to Iran, and there are no American schools in Iran.

What you wrote worth as much as horse dung. Actually it was Iranians who wiped Umayyad villains from Middle East and face othe the earth.

Please research the developments in missile defense and counter measures. A sophisticated adversary isn't going to reveal its true capabilities in a minor skirmish. Its easy to counter Rubin's point of view if you actually understand how sensors, navigation, INS, relievers, radar and radio communications work.

For instance, jamming GPS, Beidou or GLOSNASS is easy, seducing or distracting IR or radar receivers is easy. When all the above fails then hard kill comes into play.

The discussion is not regarding whether one can try to counter such missile systems, of course there is, that is the whole purpose of ballistic missile defence. However everything you mentioned, from GPS disruption, to other soft kill/disruption methods are all known areas that can be used in missile defence and thus nations build their systems with those in mind. Iranian systems for example use extensive inertial systems. I hardly think Iran would rely on something like satellite guidance outside of a peacetime power display.

In terms of revealing their true capabilities, no nation will do that outside of an actual war situation. Not Iran, US or anyone.

You got to give it to the Iranians, they're brave and tough, despite decades of sanctions, they ain't ready to roll over anytime soon
How many countries has the gut to arrest American soldiers in the middle-east (note: those embarrassing images we saw a while back)
How many countries will dare to perform a missiles attack at a US army base on this planet?
Respect:china:

Back
Top Bottom