What's new

Iran protests FIFA ban on women's team

Of course, I expect some Iranian nationalist to come and scream at me about arab colonization, etc.

Hey i am a Persian nationalist and i am not against this government. it is one of Irans best governments ever (not the best) currently we are using arabs as canon fodder for our foreign policy. Arabs are doing the dirty job for Iranians while they sit at home safe and sound. This is a calculated and a awesome strategy by the Iranian strategists in Tehran.
Only problem within our country is the economy which soon will be fixed (when Ahmadinejads gets out of office)

Its the height of stupidity for Iranians to blame Islam, after Khomeini saved them from an Arab-style monarchy. But of course, those who aren't clerics can't get into power, so I suppose those people hate the system. Iran in '79 was a much worse place than even Pakistan. Nowadays, as someone pointed out before in this thread, they are one of the best countries to live in, better even than India. This was all done by their Islamic government. I don't believe for a second their king would have been able to do this.

Of course, I expect some Iranian nationalist to come and scream at me about arab colonization, etc.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...
well lets not go there

That was the dumbest comment I have ever read. Before highlighting your lack of knowledge (I rather call it something else) let me first ask WHY THE ARE U TALKING ABOUT THE MONARCHY???

Now lets get to the good stuff.

1) Iran's monarchy is three thousand years old. When the arabs were throwing poo at each other in sandy arabia we had our monarchy so it has nothing to do with them.

2) Before 79 Iran had one of the highest standards of livings in Asia. Worse than Pakistan? There is such a thing as google, use it.

3) Go back to your farm in Ladesh and stop lecturing me about my mullahs. At least collect some knowledge before hand.

Edit: Nobody in Iran is asking for the monarchy to be back btw. That's taking 20 steps back. I'm just trying to make sense out of this dude's fantasy.

I feel bad for the players although from a sports perspective it is not really a loss.. ^^

Our Womens soccer team is unbeatable anyway! ;) (apparently they won 8/10 last world cups, I haven't watched their games to be honest)

I'm sure Iran will not have this medieval government for much longer, the Persians are far to well educated to tolerate this absurdity and cruelty much longer.

I'm sure Iran will not have this medieval government for much longer, the Persians are far to well educated to tolerate this absurdity and cruelty much longer.

Agreed!!

Iran's history is something that every country is jealous of. I sincerely hope Iran will return to its former glory once they get rid of this absurd Mullah regime.

Come on Iranians, realize your potential. Please don't allow yourself to be clubbed with god for nothing Arabs, you are better than that. Throw off this regime and their tunnel vision and rise to your formal glory.

Iranians from all walks of life supported the Islamic regime even those who had affiliations with the Nationalist party or Communist party had a deep respect and admiration for Imam Khomeini(r.a) and even Bazargan who opposed the Imam referred to the Imam as a ‘Saint’.

Iran held a referendum on whether the public wanted a republic with Islamic principles or a monarchy, 98% voted in favour for the Islamic republic.

This reeks of a political move by FIFA which should be kept out of sports. This policy will backfire and further alienate the Iranian public and increase their resentment for western nations.

Absolute shame that Pakistan hasn’t voiced it’s support for Iran, Pakistani women should also adopt a similar football outfit or in the least cover their legs by wearing jogging bottoms.

Since the Indian above me has a great affinity for the monarchy and wishes the Iranian public do away with the Islamic regime then I can’t help but to leave our Bharti friends with some words from the Shah. An Iranian journalist asked the Shah if he had heard Imam Khomeini (r.a) speech at Sheikh Ansari mosque, Iraq, where the Imam heavily criticized the Shah for a vastly expensive dinner where he used money from the Iranian treasury on treating foreign dignitaries when his people were starving. Shah replied by saying that he has never have heard of the name, Khomeini, and then proceeded to say his name sounds like a hindi name and he doesn’t answer to any Indians.

Classic Shah! :rofl:

What next? Native Amricans will ask to play in feathers, Scotch in kilts and Sikhs in turbans? In addition, running in hijab with long sleves for 90 mins in summer its a serious risk of overheating. Correct decision of FIFA.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom