What's new

Iran protests FIFA ban on women's team

Persian expats are a bit more than moderate.

lmao
we're religious compared to some Iranians in Iran lol
You should go to some of the underground parties.

Iran is a theocratic dictatorship. Nothing is what it seems. Everything you see is what the government wants you to see.

lmao

Iran is a theocratic dictatorship. Nothing is what it seems. Everything you see is what the government wants you to see.

Hmm... Its amazing how we havent seen any anti govt. revolution in iran yet . Why ? Even the west will support it .

Politically motivated ban......... There is nothing wrong with the clothes........ Its the pathetic mentality of some people.

lmao

You dont represent the iranian muslims do you?
We have plenty of Iranian muslims who dont agree with you on such topics.

Hmm... Its amazing how we havent seen any anti govt. revolution in iran yet . Why ? Even the west will support it .

lol
because Iranians aren't hungry and they don't have a death wish :)
The living conditions in Iran are pretty good. OUr Human Development Index ranking is 70 for example while Turkey's is 83.

Politically Iran is fucked but people are hoping that things can change by putting pressure on the govt instead of having a revolution which is kinda impossible. People will go on the streets but they won't take it to the next step like what happened in the Arab countries. Things aren't that bad.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Politically motivated ban......... There is nothing wrong with the clothes........ Its the pathetic mentality of some people.

You dont represent the iranian muslims do you?
We have plenty of Iranian muslims who dont agree with you on such topics.
And?
Of course the muslims don't agree with me.
That's why I said "some."

lol
because Iranians aren't hungry and they don't have a death wish :)
The living conditions in Iran are pretty good. OUr Human Development Index ranking is 70 for example while Turkey's is 83.

Politically Iran is fucked but people are hoping that things can change by putting pressure on the govt instead of having a revolution which is kinda impossible. People will go on the streets but they won't take it to the next step like what happened in the Arab countries. Things aren't that bad.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

And?
Of course the muslims don't agree with me.
That's why I said "some."

Which basically means it will take a long long time . I just don't see how The regime's conscience will suddenly awaken and they will become secular or moderate or less fanatic.

lol all of them expats....... talking abt neck warmers n hiding necks?lol...... i wonder whats their take on shorts.

There cannot be one rule for Iran and another for rest of the FIFA members. Iranian Football Association very well know about the dress code, but they decided go ahead . I feel sorry for the girls whose hopes and years of hardwork are crushed just because their govt failed in a 'publicity stunt'

lol all of them expats....... talking abt neck warmers n hiding necks?lol...... i wonder whats their take on shorts.

FIFA bans neck warmers, that's why they're talking about it. They're asking why. I don't understand your question.

I think the girls should let their hair loose its hard to play soccer as is then to be required to wear the full gear on -

Its wonderful that Iran is trying to preserve some heritage etc and religious matters but I think its not fair guys wear shorts , and girls have to wear full cloth attire

Its also dangerous to health in heat days to run around in full attire playing soccer in pants and covered head to toe

Just silly but then Fifa doesnt have a lot of credability left, perhaps the new owners of FIFA objected to Iran playing and its got more to do with the UAE snubing Iran than what the girls wear?

I think the girls should let their hair loose its hard to play soccer as is then to be required to wear the full gear on -

Its wonderful that Iran is trying to preserve some heritage etc and religious matters but I think its not fair guys wear shorts , and girls have to wear full cloth attire

Its also dangerous to health in heat days to run around in full attire playing soccer in pants and covered head to toe

preserve heritage?
I'm sorry but who made you an expert on Iranian culture and history? What part of this is part of our "heritage"?

And forcing women to dress a certain way against their will is the ultimate act of cowardness and stupidity. There is nothing positive about it. Only a bunch of muslim mullahs can come up with fucked up laws such as this.

preserve heritage?
I'm sorry but who made you an expert on Iranian culture and history? What part of this is part of our "heritage"?

And forcing women to dress a certain way against their will is the ultimate act of cowardness and stupidity. There is nothing positive about it. Only a bunch of muslim mullahs can come up with fucked up laws such as this.

That is what comes along as a result of extreme patriarchy in society.

I am sorry you feel that way , my iranian friend - I suggest you take it up with Government in Iran and participate in next revolutionary ellections

For time being , I think its great that Iranain girls are following their tradition , but its a bit hard on these girls perhaps they need more , help form designers for clothing that allows them to be modest and also play sports at same time

While there is 100% no harm in playing football with such gear its hard on girls and they need better clothing

FIFA is not right to ban the whole team - banning is wrong but better clothing is great compromise

If a girl wants to wear certain clothese for her religious reasons its her choice I personally prefer shorts and shirt and lots of water , and no head gear but its girls choice , and also the government should use commen sense in some cases

Playing in middle east heat with head gear very togh

FIFA also telling Muslim women they can`t wear their religious symbols is also a disturbing issue they even banned a muslim man from becoming a leader of FIFA

I think FIFA is losing oppourtunity to bring the game to Muslims by such none sense bans - to impose their own will

I know many stories where Muslim girls were kicked out of tournaments or sports events for wearing their clothese which they were perfectly fine with -

The bottom line should be `choice `was it their choice or government`s choice the bottom line

But its common for many Iranians to object but in end you have your own country go back and get involved in government

But from my side , I rather see Iran represented in world women`s soccer then see them banned for political reason becasue , most of world does not accept a Muslim women who wears her Islamic heritage gear and its frowned upon

This is just a bit of racism against Muslim girls but I stand by Iran`s government their team should be allowed to play ... they are not wearing anything obstructive

I remember in previous world cups , FIFA and world politics , cancelled many games for Iranain national team so they would lose badly in World cup this poilitics is there in FIFA its dirty and horrible

Its the height of stupidity for Iranians to blame Islam, after Khomeini saved them from an Arab-style monarchy. But of course, those who aren't clerics can't get into power, so I suppose those people hate the system. Iran in '79 was a much worse place than even Pakistan. Nowadays, as someone pointed out before in this thread, they are one of the best countries to live in, better even than India. This was all done by their Islamic government. I don't believe for a second their king would have been able to do this.

Of course, I expect some Iranian nationalist to come and scream at me about arab colonization, etc.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom