What's new

Iran Plans to Send Astronauts into Space for Space Biology Studies

Yes. There's no mistake about it, they're Pakistan's lifeline.

Pakistan's ballistic missile program was born out of desperation to counter Afghanistan when that country was armed with over 2,000 SCUD-B ballistic missiles 1989. Then the Pakistani missile technology was very very carefully matured due to the missile race with India.

ok ... informations about Iran's ballistic missiles are classified ... we should wait for official announcement ...

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian space research official said the country plans to make more progress in space biology and intends to develop the needed capability to send three astronauts into the space in a single mission in future.

"We have planned to gain the power to carry three astronauts into the space in one carrier, but our first launch will be done with just one astronaut," Head of the Space System Research Center Mohammad Ebrahimi said, addressing a forum in Tehran on Wednesday.

"Also, sending one or two trained astronauts (into the space) and their safe and secured return by the help of solar and optical communication systems is among our other goals of our plan" for progress in the field of space biology science, he added.

Ebrahimi announced in February that Iran has drawn the necessary plans to send man into the space.

He said that Iran has devised a two-staged plan to send man to the space by 1397 (March 2018 - March 2019).

"To send man into the space we have planned two stages of sub-orbital and orbital flights," he said, and explained that in suborbital flights, the astronaut will have a free fall to come back to the Earth.

Ebrahimi noted that Iran has drawn plans to continue sending biocapsules which can carry living creatures into the space before sending its first astronaut to space by 2018.

On January 28, the Defense Ministry's Aerospace Industries Organization announced that it has sent a monkey into the space on the back of Pishgam (Pioneer) explorer rocket, and that it has brought back and recovered the living cargo.

The Aerospace Industries Organization said it had sent the living creature into space aboard an indigenous biocapsule as a prelude to sending humans into space.

The Aerospace Industries Organization said the capsule was sent to an orbit beyond 120km in altitude and carried out telemetry of the environmental data records.

The explorer rocket was launched by the Aerospace Industries Organization and it returned to the Earth after reaching the desired speed and altitude, and the living creature (monkey) was retrieved and found alive.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had announced in 2010 that Iran plans to send astronauts into space in 2024. But, later he said that the issue had gone under a second study at a cabinet meeting and that the cabinet had decided to implement the plan in 2019, five years earlier than the date envisaged in the original plan.

Fars News Agency :: Research Official: Iran Plans to Send Astronauts into Space for Space Biology Studies

I think if any country from middle east deserves to be permanent member of UNSC its Iran.If they continue at this rate of scientific develepment they will leave other arab countries far behind

I think if any country from middle east deserves to be permanent member of UNSC its Iran.If they continue at this rate of scientific develepment they will leave other arab countries far behind

"other arab countries" :what:

what does it mean !?

we are not arabs ...

s7sonqf61fs9vjm22xxu.jpg

dude,only clowns like Hyperion take your words serious because it seems you have no information regarding Iranian petrochemical industry.in fact your comment was laughable.
I understand you wish Pakistan was sending manned or unmanned sats into orbit.but by insulting Iran,your dreams wont come true!

@Armstrong Iran petrochemical industry is actually one of its main sources of revenue, so I think you should have at least used Uncle Google (as Indonesians like to call it) before commenting...

However, Iran DOES have limited petroleum refining capacity! @Abi why is that my friend?! :D

Ummmh..I was talking about 'refining' the crude oil that you take out; you still haven't the technology & the capacity to do that when compared with the best industry standards out there & that is precisely why you import refined crude oil !

Last edited by a moderator:
similar statements were made about india and china in 50s, 60s and 70s

there were similar statements forcing budget cuts in american space programme during kennedy's time

and today there are similar statements for indian space programme too....

and IMO all these statements are useless....

any development should always be welcome...

Its not about mere statements or budgetary cuts nor am I being condescending when I betray some disbelief in thinking that Iran does not have the required capacity to pull this off.

To be fair:
1. Iran was ranked 12th world refining power in the 2012 BP update which is Ok for its size. This shift might be due to Chinese help!
2. I agree with you that manned missions are nothing but show off. Maybe, the only benefit is manned space station.

They are importing more than they produce & its not as if their current refineries are endowed with the industry best crude oil refining technology out there ! My comment was not in any way to condescend their achievements but simply that if one doesn't have the built in capacity to be top notch even in the areas one has significant competitive advantage in (petroleum industry) than perhaps I could be forgiven the insolence of suggesting that sending astronauts to space is beyond their scope in the present or the near future.

Ummmh..I was talking about 'refining' the crude oil that you take out; you still haven't the technology & the capacity to do that when compared with the best industry standards out there & that is precisely why you import refined crude oil !
What the phuck are you talking about?care to give a source?which refined oil,you moron?

Its not about mere statements or budgetary cuts nor am I being condescending when I betray some disbelief in thinking that Iran does not have the required capacity to pull this off.

They are importing more than they produce & its not as if their current refineries are endowed with the industry best crude oil refining technology out there ! My comment was not in any way to condescend their achievements but simply that if one doesn't have the built in capacity to be top notch even in the areas one has significant competitive advantage in (petroleum industry) than perhaps I could be forgiven the insolence of suggesting that sending astronauts to space is beyond their scope in the present or the near future.

we need such a thing for a sub-orbital flight :

index.php

Simorgh SLV will be Ready soon ...

Pishgam Explorer Launched successfully ...

we are going to launch a bigger bio-capsule this year or next year ... (500kg >>> 175km)

& after 5 years a manned capsule ... (2000kg >>> 200km)

So ?

What the phuck are you talking about?care to give a source?which refined oil,you moron?

calm down bro ... this is just a discussion ... :)

Back
Top Bottom