What's new

Iran Plans to Send Astronauts into Space for Space Biology Studies

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian space research official said the country plans to make more progress in space biology and intends to develop the needed capability to send three astronauts into the space in a single mission in future.

"We have planned to gain the power to carry three astronauts into the space in one carrier, but our first launch will be done with just one astronaut," Head of the Space System Research Center Mohammad Ebrahimi said, addressing a forum in Tehran on Wednesday.

"Also, sending one or two trained astronauts (into the space) and their safe and secured return by the help of solar and optical communication systems is among our other goals of our plan" for progress in the field of space biology science, he added.

Ebrahimi announced in February that Iran has drawn the necessary plans to send man into the space.

He said that Iran has devised a two-staged plan to send man to the space by 1397 (March 2018 - March 2019).

"To send man into the space we have planned two stages of sub-orbital and orbital flights," he said, and explained that in suborbital flights, the astronaut will have a free fall to come back to the Earth.

Ebrahimi noted that Iran has drawn plans to continue sending biocapsules which can carry living creatures into the space before sending its first astronaut to space by 2018.

On January 28, the Defense Ministry's Aerospace Industries Organization announced that it has sent a monkey into the space on the back of Pishgam (Pioneer) explorer rocket, and that it has brought back and recovered the living cargo.

The Aerospace Industries Organization said it had sent the living creature into space aboard an indigenous biocapsule as a prelude to sending humans into space.

The Aerospace Industries Organization said the capsule was sent to an orbit beyond 120km in altitude and carried out telemetry of the environmental data records.

The explorer rocket was launched by the Aerospace Industries Organization and it returned to the Earth after reaching the desired speed and altitude, and the living creature (monkey) was retrieved and found alive.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had announced in 2010 that Iran plans to send astronauts into space in 2024. But, later he said that the issue had gone under a second study at a cabinet meeting and that the cabinet had decided to implement the plan in 2019, five years earlier than the date envisaged in the original plan.

Fars News Agency :: Research Official: Iran Plans to Send Astronauts into Space for Space Biology Studies

Can India send its first Khalayi-Baaz before 2018?
No ,ISRO has many other priorities than to send vymmnauts like They'll first develope heavy sats launch vehicle and semi-cryogenic engines,reusable launch vehicles.
Good luck to Iran,but IMO they should first develope Heavy launch vehicles capable of launching 3-4T to GTO.

this is about iran, and first comment is about india.. lol.
do you have anything to say about iranian program

I don't know why you took offence at my comment. India is considered one of the biggest spacefaring nations in the world, hence I asked whether India can launch a Khalayi-Baaz into space before Iran does so.

'In the future' is too ambiguous. When, how, etc. are more important questions. Not considering the fact that developments of Iran's space/missile program have slowed down. We haven't seen anything significant for the past year, in despite of announcements made. Makes me wonder whether the dead of Moqaddam has been a setback for Iran.

In short: this announcement is laughable and completely unrealistic. Let Iran first put a 50kg+ satellite in orbit.

I don't know why you took offence at my comment. India is considered one of the biggest spacefaring nations in the world, hence I asked whether India can launch a Khalayi-Baaz into space before Iran does so.

I did not take offence..what is khalayi-baaz?
What do you think about iranian program btw?

'In the future' is too ambiguous. When, how, etc. are more important questions. Not considering the fact that developments of Iran's space/missile program have slowed down. We haven't seen anything significant for the past year, in despite of announcements made. Makes me wonder whether the dead of Moqaddam has been a setback for Iran.

In short: this announcement is laughable and completely unrealistic. Let Iran first put a 100kg+ satellite in orbit.

And what's even more laughable is the fact that Soheil constantly believes in this garbage. How many times can a person make the same mistake? lol

And what's even more laughable is the fact that Soheil constantly believes in this garbage. How many times can a person make the same mistake? lol

No matter what, Soheil would always believe these 'future' announcements/nonsense. Did you remember that they announced to unveil a 2000km+ Cruise missile (Meshkat) soon last year, which we haven't heard anything about ever since? Or the fact that they announced a space launch a month ago, which still hasn't happened. Or the fact that they are announcing 'top-notch' drones and fighter jets, while the only thing we have seen are cheap and amateurish made RC models and other non-sophisticated tech?

Back in 2008 Iran made real progress on its missile program, but that has slowed down significantly.

No matter what, Soheil would always believe these 'future' announcements/nonsense. Did you remember that they announced to unveil a 2000km+ Cruise missile (Meshkat) soon last year, which we haven't heard anything about ever since? Or the fact that they announced a space launch a month ago, which still hasn't happened. Or the fact that they are announcing 'top-notch' drones and fighter jets, while the only thing we have seen are cheap and amateurish made RC models and other non-sophisticated tech?

Back in 2008 Iran made real progress on its missile program, but that has slowed down significantly.

yeap,

no matter what they say, Soheil will eat it up.

yeap,

no matter what they say, Soheil will eat it up.

I'll guess that is what happens when you have enough talented people in your society, but misuse them, since many of these programs are in the hands of unschooled Pasdars, who are only good at making bold statements.

I did not take offence..what is khalayi-baaz?
What do you think about iranian program btw?

"Khalayi-Baaz" is an astronaut in Urdu.

What do you call an astronaut in Hindi?

Iranian Space Program came out of the blue, unsure where its heading but they're definitely trying to impress the world. Nationalism and prestige has sky rocketed in Iran and their space program is moving at a breath taking speed. Gone are the days when Iranian Government announcements were taken as a pinch of salt.

The Space Program is an Iranian tool to win hearts and minds in the Muslim world, just like the United States used NASA to project America's soft power globally.

However, countries do launch ambitious space programs to hide their Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile research.

Back
Top Bottom