What's new

Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline (IPP) News & Updates.

I think its good news for all three countires!

It is not good for all three countries, until Iran changes the payment structure. The surpresing thing is Pakistan already know's this, yet keeps re-iterating this pipe line deal, which is basically dead.

The money is there for Pakistan, but in this deal to be possible it is not India, but Iran. That is where Pakistan diplomacy should be concentrating.

You guys should have read my last segment, where I said, now India has invested a $5 billion 5000 Mw energy plant in Iran goes onto saying it will be much harder to put new sanctions on Iran and further completely isolate itself from the rest of the world.. Now that so many countries have their interests to protect now. But I can see where you guys are coming from keeping your interests safe, that I'm referring to the IPI project.. But this new Energy plant in Iran how are you guys going to transmit the energy back to India, via through Pakistan, or a possible undersea route, which is probably even more expensive..

India had denied to participate in past so why is Pakistan approving the project again? they had already approved this project without India....... now is India willing to join again or what?

KARACHI, Pakistan, Aug. 25 (UPI) -- The Pakistani government moved forward with approval for the development and route of the Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline at a cost of $1.2 billion.
The Economic Coordination Committee at a conference in Karachi announced it gave its approval for the long-delayed IPI pipeline project.

Federal Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources Syed Naveed Qamar announced that much of the pipeline would run through the southern province of Baluchistan.

"The pipeline will travel via Baluchistan to Kirthar, finally to reach Nawabshah, the hub from where the gas pipelines travel to the country," he said.

Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani had asked for considerations of the IPI route to include offshore routes to allay parliamentary concerns over the price and security of the gas pipeline, though lawmakers complained that consideration caused undue delays.

Qamar added the majority of the work on the pipeline would be conducted by foreign companies, Pakistani newspaper The Nation reports.

Islamabad is considering financial plans for the project that include government and private-sector funding as well as equity from stock offerings.

IPI was envisioned in 1989, though political, security and economic complications plagued development. The pipeline would run more than 2,000 miles from the South Pars gas field.

India's role in the project remains in doubt, though Qamar said he would give New Delhi special consideration should it reconsider.

"India has withdrawn from the project by itself, but if it wants to join the project in future, a separate pipeline will be laid for this purpose," he said.

Source:Can't post because I'm a new member lol, but you can google it..

-Sure is a slap in the face of U.S trying to pressure Pakistan out of the Gas Pipeline project prior to this. Also now India is also going to invest in and Energy plant that is worth 5 billion dollars, It's probably safe to say their won't be any strategic offensive attacks on Iran in the months to come.. Because so many regional powers have there interests their..

As India and Pakistan depend more and more on each other by economically, than there will be very few chances of war between them.

:smitten::usflag::coffee:

Iran to Start Gas Exports to Pakistan Through Pipeline in 2013

Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Ali Sheikholeslami

Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Iran will start exporting natural gas to Pakistan from 2013, after the neighbors agreed yesterday to build a $7.6 billion pipeline.

Construction of the so-called Peace Pipeline, which may be extended to India, will begin next year, Iranian state television reported, citing negotiations in Islamabad. The link will be able to export 30 million cubic meters of gas a day to Pakistan, the channel said.

If India joins the project, the pipeline would be longer than 2,500 kilometers (1,550 miles). The project has been delayed more than a decade because of political and security concerns as Pakistan fights Taliban militants in its northwest. The U.S. wants the South Asian nation to abandon the pipeline to isolate Iran, which it says is building nuclear weapons.

Iran, which has the world’s second-largest natural-gas reserves after Russia, is in talks with Pakistan and India to export gas through the pipeline from its South Pars field, which extends from Qatar’s North Field to form the largest known gas deposit in the world. Tensions between India and Pakistan, which have fought three wars since independence from Britain in 1947, have delayed the project.

Pakistan and Iran have said they will go ahead with the project even if India doesn’t participate.

Iran to Start Gas Exports to Pakistan Through Pipeline in 2013 - Bloomberg.com

Iran, Pakistan Start Technical Talks On Gas Pipeline - SPA​

DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)--Iran and Pakistan started talks Monday to finalize the technical terms of a deal to build a pipeline to supply Iranian gas to the energy-hungry south Asian nation, state-run Saudi Press Agency, or SPA, reported late Monday.

The talks, which will last until Sept.2, will also discuss the gas delivery point in Pakistan, the agency reported.

Iran and Pakistan formalized an agreement on the pipeline in May after years of negotiations over the terms of the deal.

The two parties have agreed to complete the project by 2013, SPA said.

Iran has the world's second-biggest gas reserves after Russia, but U.S. sanctions, in existence for nearly three decades, are making it increasingly difficult for the country to access technology to develop its gas industry.

Iran, Pakistan Start Technical Talks On Gas Pipeline - SPA - WSJ.com

Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline project finalised

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Minister for Petroleum, Naveed Qamar on Wednesday said that the Pak-Iran gas pipeline project has been finalised and an accord is going to be signed next week between both the governments.

Speaking to the media in Mansehra, the petroleum minister said that the federal government is taking serious measures to combat the current energy crisis in the country.

He said that to enhance the current energy resources, undersea drilling was also being launched in the country on February 11.

Qamar ruled out the differences between Punjab and the federal government and said that although Punjab had some reservations, a cordial relationship still existed.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Pak-Iran gas pipeline project finalised

Iran-Pakistan Wind Power to set up 50MW wind farm

KARACHI: Iran-Pak Wind Power (Pvt) Ltd, a joint venture between private sectors of Iran and Pakistan will set up a 50 megawatts wind farm in Pakistan. According to the chief executive officer of the project, Khurram Sayeed this was the first of its kind project in the private sector among companies of Iran and Pakistan.

He said the company had been incorporated in Pakistan along with the Iranian Group Sunir, which had a 50 percent stake in the project. Sayeed is the chairman of the Alternate Energy Committee at the FPCCI.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

and here ppl were sayin that pak will cave into US pressure

how many times do we need to sign Pak-Iran gas pipeline project? may be its over a dozen times i heard that in past 2 years

and here ppl were sayin that pak will cave into US pressure

you took my words .. I am just enjoying the fact that we have refused the preassure of yankees...keep it up.

Mashallah thanks to Pak Iran friendship ...:pakistan:

how many times do we need to sign Pak-Iran gas pipeline project? may be its over a dozen times i heard that in past 2 years

relax...

A project has multiple agreements such as MOU sales and purchase agreement .

Operational terms and conditions . Price agreement etc

this one is the final agreement and it is legally binding.

Im happy India is out and yankeez are shut up now..

relax...

A project has multiple agreements such as MOU sales and purchase agreement .

Operational terms and conditions . Price agreement etc

this one is the final agreement and it is legally binding.

Im happy India is out and yankeez are shut up now..

final agreement was signed during Zardari's visit to Iran, later on they said one more agreement is to be signed in coming days, later on another agreement was signed later on this agreement also............. :flame: i won't be shocked after 6 months i read similar news again :angry:

Just start the project now we have already wasted about a decade in this project........ it should have been operational by now and we haven't even started building the pipeline yet (i think)

you took my words .. I am just enjoying the fact that we have refused the preassure of yankees...keep it up.

Mashallah thanks to Pak Iran friendship ...:pakistan:

Yeah.. Same here. Glad to see that Pakistan did not crunch under the US pressure this time. I hope it remains like this, at least for this project, and we soon see it getting materialized. There should never be any compromise when it comes to national interest.

Back
Top Bottom